Overland Park bans pit bulls

Overland Park bans pit bulls

There are 181 comments on the KSHB story from Jul 18, 2006, titled Overland Park bans pit bulls. In it, KSHB reports that:

Pit bulls are no longer welcome in Overland Park. The City Council voted to prohibit people from bringing any more pit bills into this Kansas City suburb after hearing more than 2 1/2 hours of debate and public ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSHB.

Nick cairns

Garden City, MI

#149 Sep 1, 2013
Screw overland park I'm gonna have a pit bull if i want a pit bull . a dog is not born to fight and bite people they are trained by douche bags like Michael Vick
canine mobility

San Francisco, CA

#151 Sep 8, 2013
TWICE!
Sam I Am

United States

#152 Sep 8, 2013
Owning a pit bull is not only irresponsible, it's selfish to put a dog before a human's life. My neighbor had a pit bull. He thought it was so cool to have such a powerful, unpredictable beast. He thought it made him look super manly. I told him to keep it out of our yard, he would always say, "rocky wouldn't hurt a fly. He'd lick you to death before he bit ya!". Well, that super friendly pit bull saw me unloading my son from his car seat. It came running and growling at us. I threw my son in the car and jumped in. That crazy dog attacked the car window. I climbed in the front seat and backed down my drive. I then called my neighbor. I told him the story. He said, "that never happened. You must have agrivated him in some way." My neighbor doesnt own a pit bill anymore. It came in my yard three days later, and I unloaded a gun into every square inch of its body. It wasn't getting another chance to attack my family again. Once was enough. I called my neighbor and told him to come get his dog off my property.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-f...
Pit Bulls are EVIL

Trimble, MO

#153 Sep 8, 2013
Pit Bulls should be banned everywhere and all of them put to sleep. They are an evil breed owned by evil selfish people.
Kane and Abel

Laredo, TX

#154 Apr 15, 2014
majority of the crap I read on here is Just that crap. I'm a proud owner of two pit bulls and I have 9 kids we all live under the same roof and my pitbulls is never showed aggression to. But two of my kids have been bit by my mother's dog which is a poodle. listen people it is not the breed it is the owner. if the dog is raised the right you'll never have to worry but if the dog is raised by pure ignorance yeah it's going to bite people. All dogs can show aggression there dogs. upon my research of worlds most aggressive dogs pitbulls was like number 7. I do agree with the band of vicious dogs but not of the breed of certain dogs. child molesters hurt more people than any dogs but we can't ban thembecause of the right well who the hell's going to stand up for the dogs.
Adam and Eve

Ozark, MO

#155 Apr 28, 2014
Pitbulls are the spawns of Satan. They should all be destroyed. Anyone that owns them and has kids in the same house should have their kids taken away and they should be thrown in jail for child endangerment.
John

West Plains, MO

#156 Apr 28, 2014
Adam and Eve wrote:
Pitbulls are the spawns of Satan. They should all be destroyed. Anyone that owns them and has kids in the same house should have their kids taken away and they should be thrown in jail for child endangerment.
Yep
Jim

West Plains, MO

#157 Apr 28, 2014
What?
Kelly

Mansfield, MO

#158 Apr 29, 2014
I agree
HeyZues

Springdale, AR

#159 Apr 29, 2014
Pitbulls should be put to sleep and their owners smacked.
scooter j

Overland Park, KS

#160 May 4, 2014
The way dogs are raised, treated, and otherwise socialized does matter, but the fact of the matter is some breeds do have vicious tendencies.
Jim

United States

#162 May 15, 2014
Yep
Harry

Ozark, MO

#163 May 17, 2014
I hate them all.
Peace_Love_Rescu e

Prairie Village, KS

#164 May 19, 2014
Adam and Eve wrote:
Adam and Eve- you are very ignorant. How dare you make sure a comment about pit bulls. Shame on you.
Jim

Ozark, MO

#166 Jul 12, 2014
They should all be destroyed
JIm

Trimble, MO

#167 Aug 6, 2014
Anyone who owns a pit-bull should be put to sleep with the dog.
JIm

Sparta, MO

#168 Aug 12, 2014
Cant stand them

Since: Aug 14

Nanjing, China

#169 Aug 12, 2014
I tried it. That's okay! Useful software. And I would like to recommend a really fantastic converter: Aunsoft [url=http://www.auncam.com/aun soft-transmxf-pro-for-mac]Tran sMXF Pro for

Mac[/url]
It's the best converter I've ever seen. Maybe you can have a try. It will be rewarding, I think!
MSRose

Lawrence, KS

#170 Aug 22, 2014
pit bull lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it excludes Brown Eyed Girls....
Hey man... not all brown eyed girls are ignorant.

I adore all dogs and animals in general. I've known MANY pits with hearts of gold.... these dogs are fiercely loyal and intelligent. That's what makes them "dangerous" - if they sense something off - or if their owners are in danger - or IF THEIR OWNERS FORCE THEM INTO BATTLE - then these dogs will fight until their own lives are at stake or taken.

It's sad to see a whole breed banned. So many of these animals make great pets and tend to be less neurotic than you think, but laws are laws.-_-

Since: Aug 14

San Jose, CA

#171 Aug 31, 2014
I often process the postproduction in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. But when I was to put Sony XAVC to it, I became astonished because I find XAVC is not compatible to Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 which is very wired. I don't understand why my AVCHD camcorder will output files which can not be edited in video editing software. I tired many converters and they all fail to handle the conversion of Sony XAVC to MOV. Finally, I find Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac which perfectly solve my problems.
Learn more about it: http://www.auncam.com/aunsoft-imedia-converte...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
skype sex (Jul '16) 9 hr Onlyforme01 13
Helicopters near black bob park (Jul '14) May 23 suzbradbury 2
Review: Genesis Realty Solutions LLC (Mar '10) May 11 KGentry 4
Skype sex with Mex babe May 6 Denisserojas831 1
moving to kansas city (Feb '06) May 5 Anonymous snob 553
bad customer service at aftershock piercings (May '15) Apr 30 JWAR 3
News YRC Freight Tries Pay Raises for Hard-to-Fill T... Apr 25 Scott 1

Overland Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance