Pit Bull Supporters Upset Over Negati...

Pit Bull Supporters Upset Over Negative Press

There are 67 comments on the Thekansascitychannel.com story from Aug 3, 2006, titled Pit Bull Supporters Upset Over Negative Press. In it, Thekansascitychannel.com reports that:

Pit bull supporters are concerned over how much negative attention the breed has received lately.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thekansascitychannel.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dave

Kansas City, MO

#1 Aug 4, 2006
Banning a dog breed is ridiculous!!! The owner is the one that trains the dog. With pit bulls, it's the fact that their jaw structure is such that when they clamp down, they don't let go.

In my opinion, the dog is a reflection of the owner.
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#2 Aug 4, 2006
"With ex-wives, it's the fact that their jaw structure is such that when they clamp down, they don't let go."

Fixxed.
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#4 Aug 4, 2006
/sign Maybe we could petition an Island full of Exwives. We could
air drop supplied once a month.
pit bull lover

Virginia Beach, VA

#6 Aug 8, 2006
Knight wrote:
"With ex-wives, it's the fact that their jaw structure is such that when they clamp down, they don't let go."
Fixxed.
knight...you really need to stop spreading this false information all over the forums!!!

Pit Bull's jaw structure is NO DIFFERENT then any other breed!!!
Knight

Ann Arbor, MI

#7 Aug 8, 2006
Did you even read the quote or the original Quote?
Did you not see it was someone else? Or see that I
made a joke and inserted 'exwives' in place of Pit Bulls?

Wanna buy a vowel?
Lynn Ferguson

Carrollton, TX

#9 Dec 6, 2006
I own a pit bull, and I'm sick & tired of all of the bad press they receive. He is one of the sweetest, most loving pets, that I've ever had. Why does the press only report pit bull attacks? I'm sure that other dogs attack people, but you only hear about pit bulls. I wish that the press wouldn't be so blind about this wonderful dog.
PBI in OP

Salisbury, MD

#10 Dec 6, 2006
I had a mutt growing up and it was meaner than any pit bull I know. Being only a medium size dog, the visiting males learned to protect themselves upon entering my home.

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

Since: Dec 06

KC

#11 Dec 7, 2006
PBI in OP wrote:
I had a mutt growing up and it was meaner than any pit bull I know. Being only a medium size dog, the visiting males learned to protect themselves upon entering my home.
Niiiiice
k in ks

Independence, MO

#12 Dec 7, 2006
Lynn Ferguson wrote:
I own a pit bull, and I'm sick & tired of all of the bad press they receive. He is one of the sweetest, most loving pets, that I've ever had. Why does the press only report pit bull attacks? I'm sure that other dogs attack people, but you only hear about pit bulls. I wish that the press wouldn't be so blind about this wonderful dog.
i'm sick and tired of talking about pit bills.
if you like them. go ahead and like them.
if you hate them. okay.
all done.
k in ks

Independence, MO

#13 Dec 7, 2006
Knight wrote:
/sign Maybe we could petition an Island full of Exwives. We could
air drop supplied once a month.
you're funny.
what would it be called?

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

#14 Dec 7, 2006
Hmmm... maybe call it "Estrogen Isle" ?
kristen

Elk Grove, CA

#15 Apr 30, 2007
I know alot of people are not directly affected by the ban or bad press. However those of us who own these wonderful animals face a very scary threat! That is the very animals we raised from puppy and veiw as our children, are striped away and killed because of there breed. This is a very sad and important matter one not to be taken lightly. So maybe instead of jokes think of all those animals being striped away from thier homes and being murderd for a crime they did not commit.I think that alone demands resect!!!!

Since: Feb 07

Kansas City, MO

#16 Apr 30, 2007
i think you mean "stripped"
sondra

United States

#17 May 10, 2007
Someone has got their facts screwed up!!

IT has been proven that PITBULLS JAW is like any other dog and that Rottweilers actually have the jaw that clamps down!

A dog IS a reflection of its owner and people take advantage of the muscle that a pitbull can have!

People need to step up and put a stop to inhumane pitbull breeding! People have even gone as far as feeding pitbulls gun powder so that they are even more aggressive! This is wrong!

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

#18 May 10, 2007
Ya think?
My Chyna Girl

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jun 19, 2007
I own a wonderful "pitbull" she has been the most loyal friend I have ever came across! She goes weekly to the Children's Hospital to play with the kids! And also is a WELL trained seeing eye dog!! No one ever sees the positive until they pull their heads outta their butts...
NAVYBOY

San Diego, CA

#20 Aug 21, 2007
Just register them as a Staffordshire Terrier, then they are legal and still have the same look just the shoulder height is slight smaller.
good to me

Kansas City, MO

#21 Aug 26, 2007
unless you get a damaged or retarded animal it is the owner that makes the dog. I have known two or three poeple who owned pitbulls they were well cared for displined and loved it makes a difference,kind of like people you treat people/animals how you want tto be treated it makes a difference.all animals (domestic) have the potential to be good or bad ,some people should not own animals or have kids,yes they do go together,nothing is better for a child than to have a pet.the reason for the bad press is at the time they didn't have anything else to write about.
Been Nowhere

United States

#22 Aug 30, 2007
Expecting a Pit Bull to be as gentle as a puppy it's entire life, is like expecting a Labrador to never jump in the water, or expecting a Jack Russel to never dig holes. Breeding is about putting predominant traits into an animal. We can all agree that owning a Pit Bull is about being scary looking, goes along the lines as Harley tough guy motif. Isn'the frightening image part of why you have one?
JLee

Cincinnati, OH

#23 Sep 1, 2007
Dave wrote:
Banning a dog breed is ridiculous!!! The owner is the one that trains the dog. With pit bulls, it's the fact that their jaw structure is such that when they clamp down, they don't let go.
In my opinion, the dog is a reflection of the owner.
The FACT is that pitbulls are resposible for over half of dog bite related fatalities over the last 20 years over 60 people have died from pitbull attacks the rottweiller came in a distant 2nd with 29 deaths. Regardless of who owns these dogs they are a danger to society and should be banned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex fun with other boys at Boy Scout camp. (Sep '14) 17 hr Mike 4
skype sex (Jul '16) Sep 15 funknee15 32
silver balls with stims Sep 15 BRUCE W RANEY 1
child sex offender in fairway k.a Sep 12 BMD 2
Were the Moors Black? (Dec '07) Aug 31 Texas 594
News Kidnapping: When does pretend become real? (Dec '07) Jul '17 Tim 23
All about Overland Park Jul '17 dude 2

Overland Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance