Wichita district urged to slow down r...

Wichita district urged to slow down redrawing of school boundaries

There are 1 comment on the The Wichita Eagle story from Jan 14, 2012, titled Wichita district urged to slow down redrawing of school boundaries. In it, The Wichita Eagle reports that:

African-American leaders in Wichita say they want school officials to halt plans to close schools and redraw district boundaries, saying the current proposal raises too many questions and is being rushed toward approval.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wichita Eagle.

NE PARENT

Wichita, KS

#1 Jan 15, 2012
THEY NEED TO SLOW DOWN!!!! The students attending NE magnet is there because that's where they and their parents wanted them to attend. BOE wants to kick them out and shut down the school so they (BOE) could accomodate the students at Heights. If BOE shut it down why not allow the attending students FIRST choice instead of Heights students? How will BOE accomodate the 600 students from NE beside farming them out to over crowded schools? Those students went through the process of random drawing why should they start over just to get screwed by BOE. The only reason they want to build that new school is ONLY for the Heights students NO ONE ELSE. Looks to me BOE is looking out for Heights students and could care less about the stress they are putting on NE students. If you (BOE) are CLAIMING you are short of funds then LEAVE THINGS ALONE!!!! Don't tell me you're short funded while you're building a school for Heights students and telling mine we don't care where you go but you can no longer go to NE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KCK residents get preview of Indian Springs red... Apr 19 Janice Witt 2
29 male looking for a female Apr 18 Charlie122907 1
skype sex (Jul '16) Apr 18 Charlie122907 5
Teen curfew law in Overland Park? (Feb '10) Apr 15 Your bf sons friend 16
Yep olathe Apr 4 Ya see how it rea... 1
Review: Point One Janitorial LLC (May '14) Mar '17 Alan Richards 9
Robert Michael Pyle (Apr '13) Mar '17 pylefamily 3

Overland Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance