Man complains about Buddhas at Kansas City Zoo

Jan 14, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KMOV-TV Saint Louis

The Kansas City Zoo gets a complaint about Buddha statues in an Asian-themed area.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

Since: Dec 06

KC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

WOW....he knows what "GOD" is feeling.... he needs a talk show.
Hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2009

Either way, the Buddha statues should not be used as "decorations".

Can anyone imagine a "western themed" area displaying pagan Christian crosses and Jesus images and other forms of Christian idolatry?

The only idolatry that person and people in general is with their mind, forget about statues.

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

Why shouldn't it be used as decoration? It's a theme at the Zoo... is the City/Zoo supposed to appease the voice of ONE person vs. the majority of the hundreds of thousands who saw no need to complain?

So Christianity Crosses are "Pagan" ? LOL
Reader

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

Hmmm...It's not the use of these items as decorations he's angry about...it's that idols are infuriating to God...wow, God sure has one heck of a temper, kinda like Zeus, if you ask me. So much for being the source of all goodness...
Catrina

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

GET RID OF THE BUDDA STATUES! If 'they' want to remove EVERYTHING Christian from all public property, government buildings, schools,our money,our pledge of allegiance, etc... Why is Buddha OK? So Buddha is OK but the REAL GOD (The ONE TRUE LIVING GOD!) is to be taken out of everything we have in this country, whilst people call this being 'openminded','elightened' and 'intellectuals' who like to hang in coffee houses? PLEAASSEE... REAL TRUTH is JESUS CHRIST! He is the only way to Heaven! Whether you accept it now or not, sadly some of you won't realize until its too late...Read John 3:17-21...
You all should REALIZE that the ONLY reason this country is as prosperous as it has been is because we used to all recognize and give honor to THE ONE TRUE LIVING GOD! Now I'm afraid the majority living in this country would rather embrace Eastern Religion GARBAGE and idols... I'm afraid judgement is coming and pray more people will turn to God while they are still alive... IN JESUS NAME!
Catrina

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Judged:

“You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God” (Exodus 20:4-5).
Hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Catrina wrote:
“You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God”(Exodus 20:4-5).
Christians have their crosses and statues of Jesus, do you think that's good?

BTW,Catrina, Buddha is the one true living God.

http://threeroyalwarriors.tripod.com/jesusthe...
Hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Knight wrote:
Why shouldn't it be used as decoration? It's a theme at the Zoo... is the City/Zoo supposed to appease the voice of ONE person vs. the majority of the hundreds of thousands who saw no need to complain?
So Christianity Crosses are "Pagan" ? LOL
Why are people using the sacred image of other cultures to represent a "theme" in a zoo of all places? That's disrespecting Buddhist cultures.

Of course, Christians call other people pagan, even though they worship statues/pictures of Jesus and have tons of crosses -- the cross is an image.
Reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Catrina, I consider any "god" to whom a base and wicked human emotion like jealousy can be attributed to be garbage...At least the Buddha is believed by Buddhists to have freed himself from such moral faults...

I agree with Hello, using statues of the Buddha as lame kitsch in a zoo attraction is pretty bizarre, and Buddhists would be right to raise their eyebrows at it. I think it was a lapse of the zoo administration's better judgment...
David____Catrina s hubby

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2009

Judged:

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have their crosses and statues of Jesus, do you think that's good?
BTW,Catrina, Buddha is the one true living God.
http://threeroyalwarriors.tripod.com/jesusthe...
No..We dont agree with any graven images. This means statues of Mary and Peter and so on.God said not to have any Graven images of hevean or earth or of anything in the sea.

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2009

David____Catrinas hubby wrote:
<quoted text>
No..We dont agree with any graven images. This means statues of Mary and Peter and so on.God said not to have any Graven images of hevean or earth or of anything in the sea.
So you take the Bible in a literal sense in every aspect? Do you live your life verbatim according to the Bible? Interesting...

Since: Dec 08

Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

So what is Buddhism? The big fat belly laughing statue is a big fat belly laughing statue. The Buddha Dhamma doesn't offend nor annoy and invites investigation. Those who have investigated will appreciate the Buddha's Teaching. Christians have the right to feel at home on their home turf.
scum patrol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Catrina wrote:
GET RID OF THE BUDDA STATUES! If 'they' want to remove EVERYTHING Christian from all public property, government buildings, schools,our money,our pledge of allegiance, etc... Why is Buddha OK? So Buddha is OK but the REAL GOD (The ONE TRUE LIVING GOD!) is to be taken out of everything we have in this country, whilst people call this being 'openminded','elightened' and 'intellectuals' who like to hang in coffee houses? PLEAASSEE... REAL TRUTH is JESUS CHRIST! He is the only way to Heaven! Whether you accept it now or not, sadly some of you won't realize until its too late...Read John 3:17-21...
You all should REALIZE that the ONLY reason this country is as prosperous as it has been is because we used to all recognize and give honor to THE ONE TRUE LIVING GOD! Now I'm afraid the majority living in this country would rather embrace Eastern Religion GARBAGE and idols... I'm afraid judgement is coming and pray more people will turn to God while they are still alive... IN JESUS NAME!

I agree, Christians, boycott the zoo!! This country has fallen away fast. JUDGEMENT WILL BE HERE!!!
scum patrol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

Judged:

Hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are people using the sacred image of other cultures to represent a "theme" in a zoo of all places? That's disrespecting Buddhist cultures.
Of course, Christians call other people pagan, even though they worship statues/pictures of Jesus and have tons of crosses -- the cross is an image.
Christians DO NOT worship statues. If you prayed to GOD in heaven right now to show you the right way, you can be sure he will. Why don't you give GOD a try before it's to late for you. JESUS is the way, the truth, and the light. No man gets to heaven, except through him!!!

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

So tempted to KILL this story. It has no value.
john

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2009

Judged:

Catrina wrote:
“You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God”(Exodus 20:4-5).
I like your thinking. None if we could only get the Roman Catholics to get rid of their idlos and beads.
jdog

Kokomo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2009

Judged:

You cant always take the bible in exactly what it says because some times what it talks about is representing something else. You need to read it it really helps. Do i think that buddhism is wrong. Yes i do but that wont change everyone else. everyone isnt going to beleive what you do yo can witness but they may not beleive. Like i think that not going to church is wrong. That is because if being in church is right being out must be wrong. You cant have to masters you either hate on and love the other so if you think that i am crazy for loving THE ONLY TRUE GOD. BIGHT ME!!!!!!!!!!
jdog

Kokomo, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2009

hE MAY NKOW HAT BECAUASE HE TALKS TO GOD
NVN777

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Catrina wrote:
Isn't jealousy is a weakness? A sin? A "god" that's all "powerful" is jealous of a statue? LOL. Must be an inferior god then. A useless worthless warlike bloodthirsty god that you worship.
NVN777

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

scum patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians DO NOT worship statues. If you prayed to GOD in heaven right now to show you the right way, you can be sure he will. Why don't you give GOD a try before it's to late for you. JESUS is the way, the truth, and the light. No man gets to heaven, except through him!!!
get your pitiful god out of here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••