moving to kansas city
nadx

Higginsville, MO

#326 Jan 21, 2008
PBI wrote:
<quoted text>
So this makes you an expert on Johnson County because you are an office worker in the county? Wow, I'm impressed.
lol, you wish d*psh*t. I was very successful (and always will be) before I started working in the Jo. I could certainly work for any number of places around KC proper. And you?
Oh, and as far as my job goes, it's probably something you could never even comprehend, so I won't even bother trying to explain...but good luck navigating the streets of olathe on your trash truck route.

Since: Jul 07

Kansas

#327 Jan 22, 2008
nadx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, you wish d*psh*t. I was very successful (and always will be) before I started working in the Jo. I could certainly work for any number of places around KC proper. And you?
Oh, and as far as my job goes, it's probably something you could never even comprehend, so I won't even bother trying to explain...but good luck navigating the streets of olathe on your trash truck route.
My, such attitude. Why are you so defensive? You said you worked in in JoCo so why the hostility? I really don't care about what you do for a living, it is irrelevant. "Funny thing is they actually think they are better than everyone else." That is your quote but it is you who believes this. BTW, I don't know much about Olathe and what a snob you are to demean trashmen. Dear, I think it is you who is clueless. Have a good life in Higginsville, wherever that is.

“Only here for 75 or so years.”

Since: Feb 08

Grover Beach CA.

#328 Feb 6, 2008
LOL, Johnson County is very white bread. I am an interior designer and if I have to work with "Johnson County Tan" on one more job I am going to puke.
There is a major sense of entitlement in Overland park (the south part). The homes are over sized, the kids are over cocky, and the Parents are overworked.

But hey, I make a great living off of these types of people...
$$!!

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

Since: Dec 06

KC

#329 Feb 7, 2008
Kev-0 wrote:
LOL, Johnson County is very white bread. I am an interior designer and if I have to work with "Johnson County Tan" on one more job I am going to puke.
There is a major sense of entitlement in Overland park (the south part). The homes are over sized, the kids are over cocky, and the Parents are overworked.
$$!!
the definition of irony.

Grover Beach CA.

#330 Feb 7, 2008
Truly!

A high paying irony at that...

Kansas

#331 Feb 7, 2008
Kev-0 wrote:
$$!!
That's the difference between you and those "types" of people. You'll always work FOR them.

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

#332 Feb 7, 2008
Kev-O would rather work at 21st and Troost in "Black-Bred" hoods making $8.50 an hour...not as an Interior Decorator but as a neighborhood reclamation advisor. Then he could have his internal feelings of justification and relish in the ideals of class envy. Have and have nots.

Generalization of people who reside in JoCo are tried and sometimes true. God forbid and shun those who do work hard to provide for their families while making the almighty dollar. You should be ashamed for having an zip code in the 66223 area. How dare you go to College or University! How dare you take out a small business loan and make something of yourself..then moving to a "White-Bred" area where schools, business and roads are of optimum quality. Who do you think you are for feeling like the world owes you for adding a tax base worth more than someone of less opportunity. How dare you! What's wrong with you having pride in your yard! Caring about your kids education, caring about the roads, services like police, fire, hospitals? Are you insane? Can't you keep it real?? Your supposed to fail.

Grover Beach CA.

#333 Feb 7, 2008
PBI wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the difference between you and those "types" of people. You'll always work FOR them.
Is that supposed to hurt?

Grover Beach CA.

#334 Feb 7, 2008
Knight wrote:
Kev-O would rather work at 21st and Troost in "Black-Bred" hoods making $8.50 an hour...not as an Interior Decorator but as a neighborhood reclamation advisor. Then he could have his internal feelings of justification and relish in the ideals of class envy. Have and have nots.
Generalization of people who reside in JoCo are tried and sometimes true. God forbid and shun those who do work hard to provide for their families while making the almighty dollar. You should be ashamed for having an zip code in the 66223 area. How dare you go to College or University! How dare you take out a small business loan and make something of yourself..then moving to a "White-Bred" area where schools, business and roads are of optimum quality. Who do you think you are for feeling like the world owes you for adding a tax base worth more than someone of less opportunity. How dare you! What's wrong with you having pride in your yard! Caring about your kids education, caring about the roads, services like police, fire, hospitals? Are you insane? Can't you keep it real?? Your supposed to fail.
I live in the 64030 area code.
By choice.

Since: Feb 07

United States

#335 Feb 7, 2008
hey, guess what?! this strand is almost 2 years old. yawn. live where you want kev-o. that is the great thing about america.

Grover Beach CA.

#336 Feb 7, 2008
k in ks wrote:
hey, guess what?! this strand is almost 2 years old. yawn. live where you want kev-o. that is the great thing about america.
erm, I guess I have no idea what your point is...

Are you reminding me about the age of this thread, and telling me that it bores you so much?

Or, are you giving me permission to live anywhere I want?

Gosh, I am ever so lost now.........PLEASE come back to this thread and respond!

lulz.

Since: Feb 07

United States

#337 Feb 7, 2008
ok
yes, boring to drag a boring post on and on...
no, not giving you permission to do/not do anything. i'm not your mom.:)
better?

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

#338 Feb 7, 2008
All I'd like to know is the name of the business you work for.
Kev-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
erm, I guess I have no idea what your point is...
Are you reminding me about the age of this thread, and telling me that it bores you so much?
Or, are you giving me permission to live anywhere I want?
Gosh, I am ever so lost now.........PLEASE come back to this thread and respond!
lulz.

Grover Beach CA.

#339 Feb 7, 2008
k in ks wrote:
ok
yes, boring to drag a boring post on and on...
no, not giving you permission to do/not do anything. i'm not your mom.:)
better?
lol.

Grover Beach CA.

#340 Feb 7, 2008
Knight wrote:
All I'd like to know is the name of the business you work for.
<quoted text>
Not that I need to ask, however why?

Gonna report me er' sumthin'

I don't think you would get the answer you are seeking.
nadx

Higginsville, MO

#341 Feb 7, 2008
i apologize if my tone was off base. i want to say that i work with some great people from the jo. heck, everyone has problems, no matter where you live....my coworker despises OP....lives in Lenexa, of course he thinks Lenexa is the greatest place on earth...'cept oddly enough he wants to retire in colorado, so maybe it's not?

as for moi? i love where i live now...sure i'll travel and vacation to all places exotic, but, for raising my family and tons of other reasons...Higginsville, Mo is da bomb :-)

“Sugar Hill Gang Member”

KC

#342 Feb 8, 2008
Course you don't need to ask, though you did.
I asked because; I have a lot of business associates/friends in South OP who have the typical JOCO bored wives who hire workers like you. But if they knew of your disdain for people who are successful they'd move onto another company/contractors who would appreciate the income that feeds your step kids and 2nd wife.

Kev-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I need to ask, however why?
Gonna report me er' sumthin'
I don't think you would get the answer you are seeking.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#343 Feb 8, 2008
So has the person who made the 1st post a year ago moved here yet?

Kansas

#344 Feb 8, 2008
Knight wrote:
I asked because; I have a lot of business associates/friends in South OP who have the typical JOCO bored wives who hire workers like you. But if they knew of your disdain for people who are successful they'd move onto another company/contractors who would appreciate the income that feeds your step kids and 2nd wife.
<quoted text>
I doubt wealthy JoCo folks hire their interior decorators from Grandview, MO.

Grover Beach CA.

#345 Feb 8, 2008
Knight wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what really wins all? I usually go from one house to the next in a single neighborhood, and the things they say about each other is HILARIOUS!
God bless bored housewives!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rent Source (Jul '09) Thu Zorah 10
The Ten Most Stupidest Mistakes Men Make When F... (Jul '07) Jul 30 Lola 34
Lionsate411.com Jul 28 The Vogel Team 1
Where can i find some meth in Los Angeles? Jul 21 MrBlack 1
Edge at Olathe Jul 20 fun times 1
Diildos and kids stuff Jul 17 Epic 1
Debate: Marijuana - Overland Park, KS (Aug '10) Jul 14 Mary Jane Anonymous 77
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Overland Park Mortgages