hardhead

Florissant, MO

#1 Apr 29, 2013
google him and listen to his video, kinda long but he talks about the u.s. dollar losing it's place in the world. pretty scary stuff.
No Thanks

Florissant, MO

#2 Apr 29, 2013
hardhead wrote:
google him and listen to his video, kinda long but he talks about the u.s. dollar losing it's place in the world. pretty scary stuff.
I'm really not interested in someone who has been indicted for fraud and sued by the SEC. Just an example of how the guy works. Some people will buy into anything which is apparent in how many people have lost money on his "guaranteed" big money investments. Of course he, himself has never lost any money except maybe for lawyer fees to keep him out of federal prison..for a while anyway.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#3 Apr 29, 2013
didn't know this about him. he was advising people to put their money in gold and silver. i think all your big money guys are crooks, but his comments about the u.s. dollar in the world market place makes a person think. the u.s. is not the big boy any longer.
Well he did predict

Florissant, MO

#4 Apr 29, 2013
hardhead wrote:
didn't know this about him. he was advising people to put their money in gold and silver. i think all your big money guys are crooks, but his comments about the u.s. dollar in the world market place makes a person think. the u.s. is not the big boy any longer.
correctly about a lot of the companies that went bankrupt. I think that might have happened because he has been investigated and indicted for insider trading. So he knew in advance that certain companies were "going South".

He was charged with fraud for selling investment info for $1,000 a tip (or whatever they called it)that added up to a millions of $$$ for the company he worked for. Lots of people did lose money and he supposedly got a $500K bonus. His defense was that he did not absolutely guarantee a profit but predicted the possibility of such was high. I feel bad for people who get taken but they need to accept some responsibility too. If it sounds too good to be true...etc. etc.
No thanks

Florissant, MO

#5 Apr 29, 2013
hardhead wrote:
The value of US currency has been going downhill for the last ten years. So Stansberry isn't saying anything that even the minor investor already knows. A lot of it is because of the Euro and some because of China becoming a player in the world market.

The guy likes to cry wolf or whatever gets him noticed. There are pluses and minuses for the devaluing situation and it happens to every industrialized country in the world. Maybe those who don't keep up with economic world news and concern themselves only with what is going on in their own backyard they could be a little shaken by Stansberry's assessment. But, for those who keep up with such stuff, his views are nothing new or as earth shattering as he tries to make them appear.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#6 Apr 30, 2013
it's not just our currency being devalued, it's everything. i sat in on a couple of meetings when i worked for a large oil refiner and it's very cut throat. but what worries me is we are being fased out of jobs. we used to ship crude oil here and refine it and ship it back, now the middle east is building super refineries and are sending out finished products. the oil companies can buy finished products and send it right to the stations, no need for the american refinery any longer. why would they accept the all it takes to keep a refinery up and running? what worries me is the U.S. is losing it's place as a leader in the world economics. china is already the largest consumer of crude oil and is a very large player in the world market. the U.S. doesn't have a very large refining ability's any longer. while i do believe stansberry is mostly full of it, it gets your to mind to thinking how we are not the big boy in the sand box any longer.
catcollectorjoe

Ocean Shores, WA

#7 May 12, 2013
Wow! Gasoline is up 40 cents / gallon at the local Shell station in Ocean Shores, Washington. That's in TWO WEEKS! Maybe that scare video from Strawberry Research has a point or two. Wasn't there a huge volcano on the sun only about two weeks ago also? We should begin building the arc NOW!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Zimmerman JUSTIFIED!!!!! 30 min luvnut 12
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 50 min Black Rhino 2,516
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 58 min barefoot2626 3,305
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... (Aug '14) 59 min Jupiter 5,913
Zimmerman-No Fed Charges 1 hr TTU 3
Jamestown Mall Memories (Feb '11) 3 hr ATVrider2 75
Rabidly Anti-Gay Scott Lively Defends Bill Cosb... 4 hr yep 99
Overland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Overland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 pm PST