• Ward 6 someone else
  • Ward 8 Mark Schmidt
  • Ward 8 somone else
Comments
121 - 140 of 143 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2014
sad night

United States

#122 Apr 8, 2014
two very good men lost the reelection campaign tonight.
A Mailman

Miami, FL

#123 Apr 8, 2014
sad night wrote:
two very good men lost the reelection campaign tonight.
How did this ^^^^ happen ?
mail recipient

Saint Louis, MO

#124 Apr 9, 2014
A Mailman wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a large number of voters did not know the facts. The mayor chose to use dirty tricks in an attempt to get his way with the council.
Tom Schneider is a contemptible obnoxious person who needs to be voted out of office.
complacency

United States

#125 Apr 9, 2014
A Mailman wrote:
<quoted text>
lazy voters
Had Enough

Saint Charles, MO

#126 Apr 9, 2014
mail recipient wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a large number of voters did not know the facts. The mayor chose to use dirty tricks in an attempt to get his way with the council.
Tom Schneider is a contemptible obnoxious person who needs to be voted out of office.
Nobody used any dirty tricks, not even Mayor Snyder. If people didn't like the mailer, they should have gone to voted for the incumbents. Seems like all the whining is from a small group of people who don't make a difference when it is time to vote.
Grinch

Saint Charles, MO

#127 Apr 9, 2014
Low voter turnout decided the election. I was shocked that when I voted at my polling place at 6:15 last night that I was only the 120th person to vote there all day.

The winners were able to get their supporters out and the losers didn't. If your candidate didn't win, what did you do to help him? Did you vote? Did you campaign for him or volunteer to drive someone to the polls?
union guy

Florissant, MO

#128 Apr 9, 2014
Labor got their members out with bully tactics. I got a personal phone call telling me how important it was to get out and vote for our guys. I feel sorry for these guys and wish the club would wise up and stop listening to mayor tom and his whining.
Sirius Lee

Saint Louis, MO

#129 Apr 9, 2014
Had Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody used any dirty tricks, not even Mayor Snyder. If people didn't like the mailer, they should have gone to voted for the incumbents. Seems like all the whining is from a small group of people who don't make a difference when it is time to vote.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
If people get a mailer that is full of lies about a candidate and it comes a day or so before the election, they must go out and search for the facts and they will only do that if they have suspicions.
You reasoning is as idiotic as the mayor's.
Lazy Voters

United States

#130 Apr 9, 2014
Lazy Voters cause Grib and Stinnett to loosed.

Only about a 12% voter turnout overall.
Moving forward

Littleton, CO

#131 Apr 9, 2014
What an exciting night! Although this forum is obviously a popular place for the few people that supported Grib, it's also a perfect place to say congratulations to the hard work that Jones and Henke put into their campaigns. Great work guys. It was a well deserved win for two good men that put countless hours into getting to know their neighbors. Hard work and dedication pays off, clearly. Now stop wasting time grumbling and let's get off our butts to work together as a team for our community. Don't be sore losers. It's over! Moving forward for Florissant makes sense.
sprinkler fitr

Florissant, MO

#132 Apr 9, 2014
Moving forward wrote:
What an exciting night! Although this forum is obviously a popular place for the few people that supported Grib, it's also a perfect place to say congratulations to the hard work that Jones and Henke put into their campaigns. Great work guys. It was a well deserved win for two good men that put countless hours into getting to know their neighbors. Hard work and dedication pays off, clearly. Now stop wasting time grumbling and let's get off our butts to work together as a team for our community. Don't be sore losers. It's over! Moving forward for Florissant makes sense.
correct! now it time to focus on continuing the move forward for tom schneider next april.hard work and dedication of labor always pays off. next year will be another one of those times. go tom!
Better half

Florissant, MO

#133 Apr 9, 2014
sprinkler fitr wrote:
<quoted text>correct! now it time to focus on continuing the move forward for tom schneider next april.hard work and dedication of labor always pays off. next year will be another one of those times. go tom!
I saw many of you labor idiots at the polls. You really don't know how stupid and ignorant you look do you? Don't think it will be the increase in the number of blacks that will cause me to move.
election over

United States

#134 Apr 10, 2014
Welcome to new electees.
Time to get along and get something done.
Time to move forward.
nope

Florissant, MO

#135 Apr 10, 2014
election over wrote:
Welcome to new electees.
Time to get along and get something done.
Time to move forward.
You took to steps backwards. You must have loved Lowery too. What an ass.
it is over

United States

#136 Apr 10, 2014
the reelection was for both Grib and Stinnett to loose, and they did. All there supporters stayed home.
Mark B

Florissant, MO

#137 Apr 11, 2014
I would like to congratulate John Grib and Pat Stinnett for their years of public service, community service, and friendship. Both gentlemen ran a very respectful campaign of which everyone can be most proud of. I look forward with continuing to work with both of men on the many Florissant community organizations and charities that continually need assistance and volunteers. Thank you so much.
Congratulations; to Tim Jones and Gerard Henke for successfully being elected to the City Council. It is a difficult and awkward position (politics) when people who know one another have to choose sides,“people in this case”, for an elected position. Growing up we were always taught, that “while in public” it is not proper to discuss (religion-sex-politics). Fortunately I’m not that quiet type -- I took an active role, got involved, and publicly voice my support. Gentlemen you were successful, I do CONGRATULATE both of you and look forward in also working with both of you in the near future. I attend virtually all of the council meetings and workshops. I look forward in talking with you after council meetings as well as shaking your hand. I realize over the past few months (as the campaigns were starting) there were public comments made that were statements coming from the mayor’s comments. We, openly discussed my opinions and interpretation - pertaining to these remarks. You have now been elected by your constituents to have (Firsthand Opportunity) at what the previous UNIFIED 9 council members have to discuss. I Trust you will do what is in the best interest for the constituents of Florissant.
Mark
Jimmy Boy

United States

#138 Apr 11, 2014
Had Enough wrote:
<quoted text>
It's SCHNEIDER you ignorant hillbilly.
Jimmy Boy

United States

#139 Apr 11, 2014
Mark B wrote:
I would like to congratulate John Grib and Pat Stinnett for their years of public service, community service, and friendship. Both gentlemen ran a very respectful campaign of which everyone can be most proud of. I look forward with continuing to work with both of men on the many Florissant community organizations and charities that continually need assistance and volunteers. Thank you so much.
Congratulations; to Tim Jones and Gerard Henke for successfully being elected to the City Council. It is a difficult and awkward position (politics) when people who know one another have to choose sides,“people in this case”, for an elected position. Growing up we were always taught, that “while in public” it is not proper to discuss (religion-sex-politics). Fortunately I’m not that quiet type -- I took an active role, got involved, and publicly voice my support. Gentlemen you were successful, I do CONGRATULATE both of you and look forward in also working with both of you in the near future. I attend virtually all of the council meetings and workshops. I look forward in talking with you after council meetings as well as shaking your hand. I realize over the past few months (as the campaigns were starting) there were public comments made that were statements coming from the mayor’s comments. We, openly discussed my opinions and interpretation - pertaining to these remarks. You have now been elected by your constituents to have (Firsthand Opportunity) at what the previous UNIFIED 9 council members have to discuss. I Trust you will do what is in the best interest for the constituents of Florissant.
Mark
Well said ...
Had Enough

Florissant, MO

#140 Apr 13, 2014
Mark B wrote:
Mark
Marky B - what took you so long to make a post after the election? People reading this know you were dealt a big blow Tuesday night. Now you have to firgure out how to win when two incumbents couldn't beat the Labor Machine. Quit now, you won't stand a chance next year.
Mark B

Florissant, MO

#141 Apr 15, 2014
Had Enough; my congratulatory remark was posted Friday morning 54 HRS after I heard the unofficial results. I find it hard to accept your comment “what took you so long”. As for as your comment (I) was “dealt a big blow”, is inaccurate as well. I supported - 3 to be reelected at Hazelwood and they were,- I supported three for F/F board and 2 were elected,- I supported 2 for Flor council and they did not win,- I supported 4 four Hazelwood city council and they all won,- supported BlackJack council and Arnold won,- I supported BlackJack Fire District B-E both propositions won,- Ritenour school dist I supported Michael and he lost, I supported River View Fire Prot Dist prop A and that won,- I supported Shonte Young Moline Acres she won, I supported O’fallon Fire Dist Matt Simmons huge win,- supported Orchard Farm Board member Casey Otto huge win.
If You are trying to suggest that I needed John and Pat to win in order for me to run a successful election next year, I do not view it that way. Sure, It would have been nice to of had them still on council but I must have confidence with/in Jones and Henke. I am man enough to publicly and sincerely congratulate both of them here on TOPIX multiple times as well as my personal face book page. If Tim and Gerard are half the persons I think they are they should also understand that the race is over, and now it is time to get back focused on the city at hand. There is a tremendous amount expected from these council people and the pressure is on them, not me.
As for as (quitting) I do not know what you are trying to imply. I’ve never quit a thing and do not plan to start. I’ve had face to face conversations with very credible people about next year’s election, most of which are involved directly with labor. Ironically these people are not anonymous ghosts. It’s very difficult to take whatever you may say with any credible meeting, sorry. Mark

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
18-year-old shot dead by Missouri cop: witnesses 6 min smarty pants 845
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 33 min Adolf Fan 47
Summer 2014 Was the Worst Ever 35 min Go Blue Forever 2
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 36 min Le Jimbo 1,366
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 38 min Go Blue Forever 229
Eric H. Holder Jr., in Ferguson, shares pain ov... 39 min Le Jimbo 219
Bridgette From Cardholder Services 41 min Marcus Welby 3
•••
•••
•••