Ward 8 Mark Schmidt

Ward 8 somone else

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Florissant Council Races

AOL

#1 Jan 1, 2014
The even numbered Council wards are open and up for election this coming April 2014.
During this month of January, you must get a petition from City Hall and the city clerk and collect at least 200 names from registered voters in that ward in order to get onto the ballot. You have about 2 weeks to get complete.
If you are interested in running for a council seat, this is your opportunity to do so.
Contact City Hall for information.
city council

Florissant, MO

#3 Jan 9, 2014
Whoever gets elected, I just hope they stand up to the mayor like many of the current council is doing.
council

Florissant, MO

#4 Jan 10, 2014
Are hey getting signatures yet? Anyone else running?
labor trying to steal

AOL

#5 Jan 10, 2014
labor is out pushing 2 candidates to try and upset both Grip and Stinnet. They are trying to get council votes for the labor mayor Tom.
Tom can't control his council, so they are trying to get enough votes Tom can get whatever labor wants. Grib and Stinnet have done well representing thier wards and deserve to stay.
council

Florissant, MO

#6 Jan 14, 2014
I met Pat S and he seems like a good guy. And when I heard that he is standing up to the mayor, it makes my choice clear.
union yes

Florissant, MO

#7 Jan 15, 2014
The labor candidates will prevail, and we will take back control of the city. Time for those who did not get with the mayors program to go.
no respect

United States

#8 Jan 15, 2014
Not even the labor candidates respect this mayor. The council unanimously rejected the mayors budget, including Dick Killets son in law, Mark, as well as the other labor supported council persons.
Union Fitter

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 15, 2014
no respect wrote:
Not even the labor candidates respect this mayor. The council unanimously rejected the mayors budget, including Dick Killets son in law, Mark, as well as the other labor supported council persons.
I call BULLSHIT. Labor backs Tom 110%. If you don't believe that, wait until next April. We'll see who supports who. And by the way tough guy, that's Kellett. If you're gonna throw your bullshit around like horseshoes, at least spell the names right. We got your back Tom. Don't pay no never mind to these weaklings.
Old School

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jan 16, 2014
Union Fitter wrote:
<quoted text>I call BULLSHIT. Labor backs Tom 110%. If you don't believe that, wait until next April. We'll see who supports who. And by the way tough guy, that's Kellett. If you're gonna throw your bullshit around like horseshoes, at least spell the names right. We got your back Tom. Don't pay no never mind to these weaklings.
Talk about backing the wrong horse, can't get a stronger candidate to back? Labor cannot find a better person to run? Choices are that limited? Suggesting a modification on thinking and math.
Got your back

Florissant, MO

#11 Jan 16, 2014
Union fitter you claim BULLSHIT? And 15 months from now tom 110%? Let me simply ask you this- weren’t you just one year ago fully supporting Charlie – St. Louis County executive? Aren’t you now supporting Steve S.? After many supported campaigns can you begin to explain why you are dropping Charlie? Or at least (WHO) is telling you to do so.
As far as the two councilman under discussion—NCL strongly, vigorously, supported both of these gentlemen 2011, and again the second councilman the second time during a special election due to a tie. Mr. Dick K obviously likes soldiers. It is obvious the current mayor (is that soldier/puppet). The mayor can not productively or efficiently work with the current city council members -- so the mayor goes to Dick K cries and wines to get (both previously supported) members replaced. How do the two new challengers feel knowing labor is supporting them ONLY to be puppets? Dick K only knows what the mayor tells HIM and or his son in-law mark. Dick K controls the mayor and trusts the mayor would not lie to him. Guess what –the mayor has played Dick K. Three years ago at this time the current mayor sold his soul to Dick, the other candidate Behlman refused to do that and refused to be a controlling puppet. Card carrying members of NCL understand this and do not like what is going on and strongly feel Dick K needs to go. More and more members of the E board are also publicly expressing negatively towards its TOP leadership. When are we going to realize that it’s time for a change from a fitters dictatorship? So while NCL is fighting for council leadership (so labor’s views are carried out) in ward 2 an 6, who is actually caring for those roughly 10,000 residents, who live and paid taxes in this town’s, best interest?
council

Florissant, MO

#12 Jan 18, 2014
That makes good sense to me. If the mayor can't control the council, why not replace them with some mindless idiots who will do what he wants.
do not be fooled

AOL

#13 Jan 18, 2014
Do not be fooled, the Mayor has waged war and begun a destructive campaign on two of Florissant most responsible council persons, John Grib, ward 2 and Pat Stinnet, ward 6. Just because both of these men were wise enough to question the mayors budget proposal and question some fo the cost over runs. Although all 9 council persons had the wisdom and the intelligence to vote to reduce the mayors budget request by a mere .015% overall, the mayor is now waging war on these two responsible persons. With the mayor, it is his way or no way, and he will sick the labor goons on you and try to remove you. Even several of the other labor supported council persons voted no on the mayors budget, but the mayor is choosing to single out and center on both Grib and Stinnet. How cowardly is that? The voters of both Ward 2 Mr. Grib and Ward 6 Mr. Stinnet should be proud of their council reps for representing them first, the voters and the city on the responsible thing to do. Please, support both John Grip and Pat Stinnet and don't be fooled by the deceit that is taking place.
no to mark schmidt

United States

#14 Jan 19, 2014
ward 8 needs new representation,schmidt is useless
defeat labor

United States

#15 Jan 19, 2014
The biggest defeat to labor and the mayor would be to defeat and replace mark Schmidt.
He is the son in law to labor boss dick Kellet. Ward 8 needs new representation.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#16 Jan 20, 2014
unions across this country keep the standard of living up for everyone, not just the members. unions provide good wages and benefits. big bizz would like you to work for nothing if they could get you to do it. without unions we would be a third world country. better look at the history of the unions and see what they have done for the working man and woman.
local

Saint Peters, MO

#17 Jan 20, 2014
hardhead wrote:
unions across this country keep the standard of living up for everyone, not just the members. unions provide good wages and benefits. big bizz would like you to work for nothing if they could get you to do it. without unions we would be a third world country. better look at the history of the unions and see what they have done for the working man and woman.
Hooray for Mr Hardhead. He seaks the truth
ward 8

Florissant, MO

#18 Jan 21, 2014
defeat labor wrote:
The biggest defeat to labor and the mayor would be to defeat and replace mark Schmidt.
He is the son in law to labor boss dick Kellet. Ward 8 needs new representation.
But the problem is, NOBODY is running against Schmidt! Whats the deal in ward 8? He won by less than 10 votes a few years ago, but nobody ran against him 3 years ago and nobody again this year. I hear the labor thugs scared off one potential opponent last time. But obviously nobody in ward 8 cares.
haha

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#19 Jan 21, 2014
ward 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the problem is, NOBODY is running against Schmidt! Whats the deal in ward 8? He won by less than 10 votes a few years ago, but nobody ran against him 3 years ago and nobody again this year. I hear the labor thugs scared off one potential opponent last time. But obviously nobody in ward 8 cares.
labor rules. when will yous ever learn?
Got your back

Florissant, MO

#20 Jan 22, 2014
Union Fitter and haha, right now all you have proven to ME and the other readers is that you are not educated very well with the exception of whatever union affiliation you have. You are that soldier / puppet relaying exactly what you are told to do and say, so you have proven to this group that you take orders very well. To prove me wrong – please discuss what benefits the current mayor has provided in the past three years for the good of the organization? And I do not mean (fixing tickets) for selected soldiers. Your published support for the current mayor up until this point (speaks volumes) to the fact of him providing nothing to the city residents and NCL.
Hardhead – I have been in the union my entire adult life. I have not seen anywhere here that someone is chastising unions. I fully believe in the need and desire to have unions. What I totally disapprove of is, when –(political action groups) claim being sanctioned by unions (otherwise hiding behind) and these self appointed leaders become tyrant dictators at which (the board) totally fears and do not have the courage to unionize amongst themselves. Subsequently the board is collectively bullied and does what that old –outdated - leader dictates. I have a mind of my own and provide respect when respect is offered. No union boss is going to influence me to do something morally and ethically wrong. That is what is going on currently.
the bottom line

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Jan 22, 2014
It is very important that Voters take this opportunity to get to know and to understand who is the best choice for the job. You want to select the best person who understands the city and its needs and someone who will represent the voters and the citizens of Florissant.
The choice you make should reflect what is good and not just someone you were told to vote for.
Make a choice, make the best choice, vote a person that will represent you best interests and not the interests of other influencing powers or groups.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Driving While Black - And Poor 49 min stop the war 46
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 1 hr barefoot2626 319
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 2 hr ailegalcounsel 1,518
8 shoes of Holocaust victims stolen in Poland 2 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 9
For those blacks that can read, read this: 2 hr Maple Resident 1
Be not deceived. 3 hr Gabriel 1
Threat Fulfilled?: Farrakhan Said 'We'll Tear T... 4 hr dirtclod 4
Overland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Overland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Overland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Overland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:10PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West