St. Louis area to keep records center...

St. Louis area to keep records center jobs

There are 1 comment on the KMOV-TV Saint Louis story from Jun 26, 2007, titled St. Louis area to keep records center jobs. In it, KMOV-TV Saint Louis reports that:

A federal records center in the St. Louis area will move to a new facility just 10 miles away, keeping more than 500 jobs in the metro area, Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMOV-TV Saint Louis.

Since: Feb 07

Overland, Missouri

#1 Jun 26, 2007
So, am I reading this correctly? The record center was originally scheduled to close in a cost cutting effort. Now, They will keep it open and and the metro area by building an expensive new facility.

Wouldn't if have been more cost effective to simply remodel / rehab the existing building? I thought Congressman Lacy Clay was supposed to be my representative, but he is taking this facility from my community (and the revenues it generates for Overland) and moving it elsewhere.

In my personal opinion this makes no sense on any level. About the only thing it has accomplished is make my choice at the next congressional election much easier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Cast your vote now for the MOST openly racist p... 3 hr poo tacos 47
The racists have ruined a once great message bo... 12 hr hardhead 25
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 18 hr Son of Man 1,940
Poll Do You Feel Safer Than You Did 7 Years Ago ? Mon hardhead 105
News Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... (Aug '14) Mon ICP2016 6,463
Just keep it up darkies Mon Sick of darkies 1
Florissant is crumbling (Aug '15) Mon olden days golden... 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Overland Mortgages