Dealing with uninsured motorists in S...

Dealing with uninsured motorists in St. Louis County

Posted in the Overland Forum

hardhead

Florissant, MO

#2 May 14, 2013
you know what rev, the brothers will still drive their cars. the should not only take their license, but go to their house and put a boot on the car and take the plates also. better yet give you 10 min. out back of the police station with them and a piece of pipe.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#3 May 14, 2013
this is very good info and thanks for putting it out there. just a hell of a way to find out about it. hope everything works out for you. just remember you can't get what they don't have.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

#4 May 14, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
I've recently had to deal with an uninsured motorist at fault for totaling my vehicle. It can seem like there's little recourse because they'll lie to you and tell you they have nothing. Missouri law states that in the event of an uninsured motorist collision that causes personal injury your insurance is responsible for all medical, they will then go after the other party for compensation. But what about your vehicle? If you just carry liability..your company WILL NOT pay unless you have the extra coverage for uninsured motorists. What can you do?
First, when you find out the claim has been denied, take that denial letter, the police report and proof of loss along with a Form 1140 and file it with the Department of revenue. You can print this from the internet. They will take their license and not reinstate it until they pay you in full. Once this is done, they won't be able to get a license in ANY U.S. State. THEN take them to small claims or circuit court (depending on size of loss) and get a judgement against them in the amount they owe you. This will allow you to garnish wages or anything of value that you can lien on.
It easy to just feel screwed in this situation...but you DO have options in going after the other party responsible for your damages.
I recommend that you have both uninsured and UNDERinsured coverage and quite a bit, in the event that you are seriously injured.

Re the court action that's great if you can get service on them and if they have discoverable wages, bank accounts, etc. And folks can just get a driver's license under another name, its not that difficult. They can put fake temp tags on the ride, and its all good.

I recommend that you either carry collision coverage for your loss, or be prepared to accept the loss as a cost of living in a free world.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#6 May 15, 2013
they should not only take their plates and license, but their freedom, it a law you are suppose carry insurance. just impound their autos. better yet, start cutting their hands and feet off so they can't get behind the wheel any longer and hurt some poor innocent person.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

#7 May 15, 2013
hardhead wrote:
they should not only take their plates and license, but their freedom, it a law you are suppose carry insurance. just impound their autos. better yet, start cutting their hands and feet off so they can't get behind the wheel any longer and hurt some poor innocent person.
People can still drive without hands and feet, with specially adapted controls.

While everybody is supposed to have insurance, it is only $25,000. That does not go very far in a serious accident.

The unfortunate truth is that you need uninsured and underinsured coverage, along with collision, medical, and liability.
VN Vet

Saint Louis, MO

#8 May 15, 2013
Speaking of temp tags, my next doo neighbor has been running one for a year this month. Seems to get a new one every month. It really annoys me that they think this is o.k.
VN Vet

Saint Louis, MO

#9 May 15, 2013
Sorry...that's door not doo
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#11 May 15, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
Speaking of temp tags, my next doo neighbor has been running one for a year this month. Seems to get a new one every month. It really annoys me that they think this is o.k.
is he black? this is how the operate. most likely no insurance either. call the cops on the shit and get him removed from the streets before someone else ends up paying for his uselessness.
typical

Florissant, MO

#12 May 15, 2013
hardhead wrote:
<quoted text> is he black? this is how the operate. most likely no insurance either. call the cops on the shit and get him removed from the streets before someone else ends up paying for his uselessness.
"is he black?" stfu you f'ing piece of garbage. thats all the trash that dribbles from your pie hole.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#13 May 15, 2013
typical wrote:
<quoted text>"is he black?" stfu you f'ing piece of garbage. thats all the trash that dribbles from your pie hole.
got under you skin, huh!
Sluh alum

Florissant, MO

#14 May 16, 2013
hardhead wrote:
<quoted text> is he black? this is how the operate. most likely no insurance either. call the cops on the shit and get him removed from the streets before someone else ends up paying for his uselessness.
Is he black ? U sound fucking stupid,and in the north county area most of the whites are trailer trash,and looked down upon by the white folks out west,and u have the nerve to be on a site trying to be a snob, and u live in florissant,go kill yourself..If the brothers bother u so much,move to a place where they can't..u sound financially frustrated..
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#15 May 16, 2013
why does this bother you? it's true.
taxpayer

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#16 May 17, 2013
hardhead wrote:
why does this bother you? it's true.
youre gay, thats true too.
Maybe Imsure

Garden City, MI

#17 May 17, 2013
The guy works at McDonalds. Hates it when the black employees get promoted to grill and he gets passed over.
Maybe Imsure

Garden City, MI

#18 May 17, 2013
And his best butt friend who started this discussion is too stupid to buy full coverage. Then he cries about on a forum. What an idiot. Must be the lonely man on earth. His one friend is hardhead.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#19 May 17, 2013
a person should not have to over pay for insurance because the blacks refuse to but any. it's the law. lock the monkeys up if they don't want to conform to the laws of the land.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#22 May 28, 2013
people don't get it until it happens to them. some low life runs into you or a family member injures them for life and go about their merry way with no thought to what they have done, leaving you to foot the bills. if you are driving with no insurance you should be arrested and you car impounded. simple as that. we need to do something to keep the lowlife pieces of shit off the roads.
TTU

Ballwin, MO

#23 May 28, 2013
hardhead wrote:
people don't get it until it happens to them. some low life runs into you or a family member injures them for life and go about their merry way with no thought to what they have done, leaving you to foot the bills. if you are driving with no insurance you should be arrested and you car impounded. simple as that. we need to do something to keep the lowlife pieces of shit off the roads.
Insurance laws are far behind reality. Right now, the state only requires $25,000 liability. That would not replace a lot of cars, let alone anyone's serious medical bills.

I tend to agree, we should more severely criminalize driving without insurance, but at the same time increase minimums to some realistic reflection of potential damage, maybe on the order of $250,000 or so.

Maybe we need a car insurance version of Obamacare.
Really

Florissant, MO

#24 May 28, 2013
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>youre gay, thats true too.
Not possible! Neither of them could be gay. Gay people for the most part are educated, intelligent and tolerant of others. Those two are of the other "breed"... hardhead making references to sexual abuse between family members and Rev offering to buy posters ice cream. That says it all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Privilege and Racism: whites are their ow... 10 hr lol 3
News Starbucks faces image crisis after arrest of 2 ... 10 hr lol 1
Reparations 12 hr Marcus Welby 29
Smoke Breaks 16 hr Marcus Welby 1
Criminally Charge Hillary 17 hr Enter Username 55
Poll Paul Volpe of Midwest Cycle dishonest businessman? (Oct '10) 17 hr Bound4revenge 9
Progressive School Districts 20 hr jtkluempers 18

Overland Jobs

Personal Finance

Overland Mortgages