Country Club Hills speed camera on Lucas - Hunt road

Posted in the Overland Forum

Mike

Tempe, AZ

#1 Jul 13, 2013
So the camera photographed my car going 11 miles over the speed limit of 40 miles. I am not responsible for this ticket. Is anyone familiar with Country Club Hills? If the ticket of $130 is not paid, and then they set a date in their "municipal court," for this non-moving violation (no points deducted from license), will the judge issue an arrest warrant if nobody shows up for court?

Can the judge issue an arrest warrant for failure to appear in muny court even though the speed camera violation is considered a civil violation, not a criminal violation?

Also will they eventually send my info to a collection agency or law firm? If so, how do I handle the collection agency or law firm to avoid any dings on my credit? Thanks. Country Club Hills is ridiculous.
rumor has it

United States

#2 Jul 13, 2013
rumor has it, since red light ticket revenue is dropping in florissant, speed cameras are on the way to help generate more revenue. Be aware, they are coming.
Mike

Tempe, AZ

#3 Jul 13, 2013
By the way, I'm not from Tempe, Arizona. I'm from St. Louis County and I live in St. Louis County, even though it says Tempe, Arizona below my name right now.
Not familiar with

Florissant, MO

#5 Jul 15, 2013
Mike wrote:
So the camera photographed my car going 11 miles over the speed limit of 40 miles. I am not responsible for this ticket. Is anyone familiar with Country Club Hills? If the ticket of $130 is not paid, and then they set a date in their "municipal court," for this non-moving violation (no points deducted from license), will the judge issue an arrest warrant if nobody shows up for court?
Can the judge issue an arrest warrant for failure to appear in muny court even though the speed camera violation is considered a civil violation, not a criminal violation?
Also will they eventually send my info to a collection agency or law firm? If so, how do I handle the collection agency or law firm to avoid any dings on my credit? Thanks. Country Club Hills is ridiculous.
the way the red light ticket enforcement works in CCH but I know for a fact that in Flo they will issue a warrant and they will come looking for you. My neighbor's daughter just ignored the one she got and they showed up at the house with an arrest warrant and took her in. She wasn't gone very long, the judge told her if she paid the fine the warrant would be cancelled. So she paid the fine or her folks did but it was a lot more then the original $100.

I don't think that kind of violation goes on your credit report or anything if you pay it. Like someone else said, make whoever was driving your car pay it. I think ignoring it would not be a good idea at all.
Resident

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2013
I thought some big shot lawyer told the Post Disgrace that people could safely ignore these things?
Resident

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2013
Btw, isn't it odd they can get an arrest warrant for something where they can't prove who was driving? I find it strange that these are allowed to continue without capturing a photo of the driver.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#9 Jul 17, 2013
they have made the yellow lights alittle longer and they have done more to make the intersections safer than the cameras. but if these people would put down the damn cell phones and pay attention to driving their 4000 pound car, that would really make a difference. you are losing more and more of your rights everyday in this country, the elected officals just keep making more laws.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#10 Jul 17, 2013
one more thing, if you don't like getting speeding tickets,just slow down!
I got one

Florissant, MO

#11 Jul 18, 2013
Resident wrote:
Btw, isn't it odd they can get an arrest warrant for something where they can't prove who was driving? I find it strange that these are allowed to continue without capturing a photo of the driver.
My mistake, I admit it and I paid $100 fine because I did a stupid thing.

The has been challenged many, many times and every time the court of appeals has upheld red light cameras in most communities across the U.S. It isn't just the STL metro area that has them.

And there are some red light camera violations where the driver can be identified, like my neighbor's kid. The camera showed her very clearly driving the car and running the light three seconds after it had turned red.

As far as the warrant is concerned those can be easily avoided by just paying the fine and if it wasn't you then get the money from whomever was driving. If a cop had been there the person would probably have gotten a ticket because they broke the law.

Either a law was broken or it wasn't. If you aren't guilty you just go to traffic court,(lots of different times and days you can go, even evenings). Ask theM to run the video and it shows if you are guilty or not. Why make things harder by not facing up to the problem and solving it?
Lots of people are

Florissant, MO

#13 Jul 18, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we should not stand for our country becoming a militarized police state where our every move is traceable and recorded.
It's not just about these cameras or paying a traffic ticket.
anti red light cameras but the fact is they are, for now legal. And like the guy or gal stated, either you broke the law or you didn't.

As far as cameras are concerned, how about the ones they are using in the West End and other parts of the city and just about every metro area? Are you anti those also? It has been proven they help identify perpetrators if not actually deter crime. Is that a violation?

"Traceable and recorded"? When it comes to vehicles they are already on the record, so to speak.. Do cameras bring in revenue? Sure. But if the person didn't commit the act then there is no revenue. It's not a matter of privacy invasion it's a matter of whether or not you are the kind of person that condones breaking the law and getting away with it. Or the kind of person that accepts his or her error in judgment and takes responsibility for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 5 min Captain Yesterday 2,259
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 23 min Silent Echo 5,560
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 1 hr Here Is One 2,372
Wilson Cleard by Feds. Where is AL? 1 hr ineedtoseeadoctor 9
old man fondled.... 2 hr ineedtoseeadoctor 6
Rabidly Anti-Gay Scott Lively Defends Bill Cosb... 4 hr yep 62
2015 April elections. 5 hr Voter 14
Overland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Overland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?