Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Problem is laws like this can be used and abused. The law was intended to eliminate junk vehicles.
If you have a classic car, show car, race car that is nicer then the rest of the car's on the block, doesn't matter, they can ticket you and force you to get rid of it. I lost a 57 Cadillac Convetible,
not a scratch or dent on it. It needed ball joints to pass state inspection and I didn't have the bucks and was forced to JUNK it.
I had to license a 3 year old race car,
(that wasn't really street legal.)
Niether car was what the law was intended for.
They make laws without foresight to how they will be enforced.
Now you need to adjust your rental contrqct to cover yourself.
Car Collector

Troy, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

NoLogic wrote:
Problem is laws like this can be used and abused. The law was intended to eliminate junk vehicles.
If you have a classic car, show car, race car that is nicer then the rest of the car's on the block, doesn't matter, they can ticket you and force you to get rid of it. I lost a 57 Cadillac Convetible,
not a scratch or dent on it. It needed ball joints to pass state inspection and I didn't have the bucks and was forced to JUNK it.
I had to license a 3 year old race car,
(that wasn't really street legal.)
Niether car was what the law was intended for.
They make laws without foresight to how they will be enforced.
Now you need to adjust your rental contrqct to cover yourself.
If you didn't have the bucks for ball joints for that Caddy, you didn't deserve to have a classic like that in the first place. Now some lucky bastard has a nice car that some hoosier from north county couldn't afford to maintain. Good going.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

as long as the car is not an eyesore with flat tires, you should be allowed to keep it in your driveway. now that being said, way to many people have good intentions and never do anything with the car and it sits there and rots. rodents love to build nets in cars. you have to have laws to keep people from having a junk yard in their front yards. whole different thing if you have to put an engine or transmission in and you're actively working on the car and it's not torn apart for months. i already have people around me that have a number of cars sitting there with no plates. enough is enough, clean up the city. while i'm at it ,what about the people who just stack box springs and other crap up on the side of their homes. way to much junk sitting around this city. START WRITING SOME TICKETS!
Lady in Red

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Thank you Healh Dept for leaving a notice for my dunsy husband to "MOVE" his crap off the property!!!! Even though we have been married for 50 yrs he never ever listens to what I have to say or even what I think. We fight all the time about bringing (excuse my French) Crapola home from work. I have OCD I guess because I love tidiness and he just "loves a mess".
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

our we ever going to start enforcing the city ordinances?
you are

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously...you let that car go over ball joints? That's a cheap part and easy to replace yourself. I keep my unregistered projects in my GARAGE. Because it's hoosier and makes you look like a fucking idiot to have non-running unregistered cars outside of your house. I live right over the line in 63031 and St. Louis County just tows them off after leaving a notice for 7 days. We don't really have that problem in our neighborhood though.
such an a@@.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

Reverend Vegas wrote:
And when left to mother nature...will fall in like any house would. The neighborhood is being turned over to a demo that has less money than the older folks. Less money comparatively from when YOU were younger. The same opportunities just aren't there. People need to live somewhere.
Its not just mother nature that is doing those old FLOMO houses in, its baby momma, her boyfriends, nephews, nieces, cuzzins, they all be stayin there.
Every week when I go back to my old FLOMO crib to do the yard work and maintenance, my neighbors have somebody new living there. A couple of those houses are getting to be like a bus station or something. I can't believe they have that many relatives!!!
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

TTU wrote:
<quoted text>Its not just mother nature that is doing those old FLOMO houses in, its baby momma, her boyfriends, nephews, nieces, cuzzins, they all be stayin there.
Every week when I go back to my old FLOMO crib to do the yard work and maintenance, my neighbors have somebody new living there. A couple of those houses are getting to be like a bus station or something. I can't believe they have that many relatives!!!
yep,this is the way it's getting to be around me also. there is no way there should be that many people living in one house.
will i am

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

Judged:

hardhead wrote:
<quoted text> yep,this is the way it's getting to be around me also. there is no way there should be that many people living in one house.
that funny white boy. you chosed to stay in da hood. now soak up the sights sounds and smells of ghetto life and get the 4uck over yourself. only a hard headed honkie would be such a fool to stays in the middle of the new north st louis and thinks everything gonna be alright.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Overland Discussions

Search the Overland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 59 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,848
street cleaner 6 hr Marcus Welby 2
Jamestown Mall Rebuild REC PLEX / Family Arena 10 hr hardhead 13
Message to the Mayor and the Council (Jul '11) Thu Grandeur 160
Best Mayor for Future of Florissant (Dec '13) Thu press 1 for English 331
Don Houston for State Representative Dist. 74 Thu good luck 18
Steve Stenger for County Exec Wed Who are you kidding 16
•••
•••
•••
•••

Overland Jobs

•••