First Prev
of 2
Next Last
checker148

Florissant, MO

#1 Sep 25, 2013
I own 5 homes in Florissant. 4 of these homes are rentals. I recently received a ticket from the City because one of my tenants had a car parked in her carport with expired plates. I called City Hall to find out why they sent me the ticket. I was told that I am responsible. I have never heard of such a thing. I was also told that "You might as well put the house up for sale. You have been tagged, and will be cited for each and every violation we find from now on, No warnings" !?! What!!! It turns out that they sent the tenants a warning ticket, but they didn't send us one. I told them if they had sent a warning ticket to us, we would have seen to it that the tenants either got the plates renewed or had them remove the car! I took it as a threat from City Hall and a real bad case of discrimination. I have owned this house for about ten years and it has been a rental property the entire time. We have never had any kind of problem whatsoever with the City of Florissant. I do not understand how they can justify this type of behavior. They had the "Too Bad, So Sad" attitude with me. I would like to know where I can get a copy of the City Ordinances. I would like to read them all.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#2 Sep 25, 2013
i don't know how they can give you a ticket, it's not your car. on the other hand the city has had problems with slum lords not taking care of their properties and letting them run down. i would like to see the city limit the amout of rentals in this city. nothing personal, but have seen way to many run down piles of crap bringing my house value down. i wish the city would go around and look at some of the ordinance volations and start writing more tickets to people with all this junk piled up everywhere. right now i have two homes with three cars without any plates on them and haven't been moved in months. the nitwit next door has got firewood stacked on the ground eight foot tall and lawnmowers and other junk piled up around his house. the black gal behind us cuts here grass twice a year weather it needs it or not, what a joke this city has become. they use to write tickets for blocking driveways and parking on the grass, but it goes on all the time now. it's the beginning of the end of the city when no one follows the laws and the cops drive right on by.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#3 Sep 25, 2013
by the way, of the sec. 8 bullshit too!
comeon

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 25, 2013
They don't have to give anyone a warning before issuing a ticket. You should be a better landlord by being aware of things like this going on at your properties. You own the house, so yes, you are ultimately responsible. Landlords like you and many others in Florissant need to step up big time and stop letting your properties drag the city down. Be proactive and take care of things, and you probably won't have to complain about getting ticketed.
Pop

Cape Girardeau, MO

#5 Sep 25, 2013
The key word in your post was "her carport" meaning single mom. Find a family consisting of man and wife.
checker148

Florissant, MO

#6 Sep 25, 2013
comeon wrote:
They don't have to give anyone a warning before issuing a ticket. You should be a better landlord by being aware of things like this going on at your properties. You own the house, so yes, you are ultimately responsible. Landlords like you and many others in Florissant need to step up big time and stop letting your properties drag the city down. Be proactive and take care of things, and you probably won't have to complain about getting ticketed.
I'm sorry but having a car parked in the carport with expired plates
does by no means drag the city down! Really???
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#7 Sep 25, 2013
it's just the start. unkept yards, trash sitting around, no need for any of it. the only person making good on this deal is YOU! i bet your house is sec. 8 and the rater is a black single momma with a number of baby daddys hanging around. this site is all to common in this city anymore and the residents need to change the laws to stop it. i hope i'm wrong, but there is where i'm putting my money.
lis

Florissant, MO

#8 Sep 25, 2013
checker148 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry but having a car parked in the carport with expired plates
does by no means drag the city down! Really???
Hey slum landlord hope they use a whole pad full on your ass.
intheknow

Florissant, MO

#9 Sep 26, 2013
I have no pity for you.
You have been a landlord for enough time to know the rules.
Expired plates in a rental or non rental deserve the ticket.
ha ha.

Saint Peters, MO

#10 Sep 26, 2013
You received the summons because it is a property related violation, not a traffic violation. Property owners are responsible for all such violations. Not the occupants; the owners are responsible. All ordinances are online via the city web page.
BST

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Sep 26, 2013
The car was in the driveway, not on the street. That is a bullshit ticket. And Hey POP I was single
father after my wife died.
Checker148

Florissant, MO

#12 Sep 26, 2013
hardhead wrote:
it's just the start. unkept yards, trash sitting around, no need for any of it. the only person making good on this deal is YOU! i bet your house is sec. 8 and the rater is a black single momma with a number of baby daddys hanging around. this site is all to common in this city anymore and the residents need to change the laws to stop it. i hope i'm wrong, but there is where i'm putting my money.
Good thing you didn't bet. You would have LOST! My house is NOT a Section 8 and IS Not rented to a single black Momma with a bunch of baby daddy's hanging around. Are you daft or what?
Checker148

Florissant, MO

#13 Sep 26, 2013
intheknow wrote:
I have no pity for you.
You have been a landlord for enough time to know the rules.
Expired plates in a rental or non rental deserve the ticket.
I agree that expired plates deserve a ticket. But I also think that the person that is the registered OWNER of the vehicle should get the ticket!!
Checker148

Florissant, MO

#14 Sep 26, 2013
lis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey slum landlord hope they use a whole pad full on your ass.
Where do you get off with "Slum Landlord?" This house is in a very nice neighborhood. All are well kept. There is nothing "Slum" about it. And furthermore, any tickets and court costs will be paid by the tenants!
ha ha.

Saint Peters, MO

#15 Sep 26, 2013
Checker148 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that expired plates deserve a ticket. But I also think that the person that is the registered OWNER of the vehicle should get the ticket!!
As valid as your argument is, per the ordinance , the property owner is responsible. Now, if the car were operating, and got pulled over, then the driver would be cited. Parked on property, the property owner gets cited
ha ha.

Saint Peters, MO

#16 Sep 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="ha ha. "]<quoted text>As valid as your argument is, per the ordinance , the property owner is responsible. Now, if the car were operating, and got pulled over, then the driver would be cited. Parked on property, the property owner gets cited[/QUOTE]
The violation is not "unregistered vehicle" per se, it is. "Unlicensed vehicle in an in enclosed area. "
I thought they did amend the ordinance to allow for carports, you may want to check. Or, was the car in the driveway, not a carport?
BST

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Sep 26, 2013
The dumbasses the run the city do not enforce the laws properly or equally. It is who bitches to whom, whose friends wants some black run out of the city.
Checker148

Florissant, MO

#18 Sep 26, 2013
[QUOTE who="ha ha. "]<quoted text>
The violation is not "unregistered vehicle" per se, it is. "Unlicensed vehicle in an in enclosed area. "
I thought they did amend the ordinance to allow for carports, you may want to check. Or, was the car in the driveway, not a carport?[/QUOTE]
The car was parked in the carport. And as of yet, they have not amended the ordinance to include carports. I went to court and paid the court costs.(The tenants have gotten rid of the car) The tenants had to pay the exact same court costs. That didn't seem kosher to me either. But trying to ask any questions was a joke. The have pre-printed answers for all questions you may have. It just wasn't worth the frustration.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#19 Sep 26, 2013
Checker148 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing you didn't bet. You would have LOST! My house is NOT a Section 8 and IS Not rented to a single black Momma with a bunch of baby daddy's hanging around. Are you daft or what?
well this is normally the way it is around florissant anymore and if you talk about rentals here this is what everyone is going to assume. and if you say is true ,it's very rare.
Pop

Cape Girardeau, MO

#20 Sep 26, 2013
BST wrote:
The car was in the driveway, not on the street. That is a bullshit ticket. And Hey POP I was single
father after my wife died.
You know what I meant. This town is being overrun by single moms.Single moms that have never been married.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pit bulls 1 hr jtkluempers 57
Lacy Clay 1 hr Marcus Welby 23
News Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... (Aug '14) 2 hr Afrikan American 6,504
Water color 12 hr deeze nuts 5
When is Presidents' Day in 2017? Sun Marcus Welby 38
More rentals coming to Florissant Sat Taco of Totality 20
Behlmann Hazelwood School Board Feb 18 Flo Res 21

Overland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Overland Mortgages