Missouri city misplaces 1959 time capsule

Jun 22, 2009 Full story: www.upi.com 24

Residents of Overland, Mo., say they can't find a time capsule buried in 1959 that was to be used for a local celebration.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yeah

Pulaski, TN

#21 Jun 22, 2009
Uh Clem wrote:
Dateline Redmond, Wash, 2059
City officials today opened the time capsule buried 50 years ago. The time capsule information, stored on a Windows Vista computer, was unreadable since Vista support had been discontinued 46 years earlier. Attempts to contact the Supreme Emperor's Advisory Council at Microsoft's World Government Command Headquarters were unsuccessful. The Ambassador to Technical Services suggested purchasing Windows 2K59 along with 10 terabytes of memory and a minimum 500 petabyte hard drive.
Windows sits on top of D.O.S. and believe it or not D.O.S. is the backbone that supports even the most advanced versions of Windows because even military applications of Windows can be networked (the default wizard) with D.O.S. systems, even with WFWG.

Hence the problem. D.O.S. is B.A.S.I.C. electronic circuitry patterns, switches, stops, blah blah, and will be such until those who are not afraid of being killed produce an electronic circuit that is not i386 D.O.S. based.

That is what is going on is technology is not advancing to get off of a "circuit" but are forever employing "software" to combat the use of a circuit which has proven an abysmal failure since at least when D.O.S. was publicly marketed.

50 years from now...

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#22 Jun 23, 2009
girlbinbad wrote:
I dug it up and hid it under my bed for safe keeping!!
But shhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone...
why? only time will tell

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23 Jun 23, 2009
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Windows sits on top of D.O.S. and believe it or not D.O.S. is the backbone that supports even the most advanced versions of Windows because even military applications of Windows can be networked (the default wizard) with D.O.S. systems, even with WFWG.
Hence the problem. D.O.S. is B.A.S.I.C. electronic circuitry patterns, switches, stops, blah blah, and will be such until those who are not afraid of being killed produce an electronic circuit that is not i386 D.O.S. based.
That is what is going on is technology is not advancing to get off of a "circuit" but are forever employing "software" to combat the use of a circuit which has proven an abysmal failure since at least when D.O.S. was publicly marketed.
50 years from now...
dos is as antiquated as the quill pen..
da_word

United States

#24 Jul 6, 2009
Elvis and Liberace stole it a few weeks ago .. saw them diggin' around and took off in a pink Caddy. Elvis was say Liberace wasn't nuthin' but a hound dog that peed on his blue suede shoes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 min redeemer 3,937
Charges on blacks lying under oath 25 min no fatties 4 me 1
Darren Wilson's account of Michael Brown shooti... 47 min Truth 26
New evidence supports officera s account of sho... 50 min Truth 4
Furguson is toast 58 min Truth 2
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 1 hr The Man 1,232
White people are our natural enemies. 1 hr purestblood 829
Overland Dating
Find my Match

Overland Jobs