Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

frisbee wrote:
This frisbee issue went WAY off track. So I did some more homework and there is no lawsuit filed (yet) but a lawyer has contacted the city. But gateway golf built to the specifications given to them by city and they claim NO liability. They were told they owned the property and where to put the course. Somebody dropped the ball, and somebody is going to have to pay.
it will be the the people of florissant that end up paying for something we don't even need. i hope you frisbee people like having your cars broken into while your playing frisbee up there. this is surely going to happen alot. better hire an armed guard to watch over your stuff.
I Know

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

For those who appreciate the facts, on Friday, April 20, 2012 Mayor Tom met with, the Parks director and Dave Mccormick (the disc developer/builder). The mayor was provided a demonstration of this new sport and immediately fell in love with it. The council meeting on April 23, 2012 the mayor was highly motivated to announce this new venue of which he personally highly supports. While at that time he could not provide further information to the council but he assured the council that this was going to be a great thing. In fact he quoted that a good course would be around $11,000 and he was personally recommending a course on the scale of Bell Reeve which would cost the city $15,000. The Mayor wanted a premier course out doing St. Louis County’s course at Sioux Passage. Now the Mayor walked the park with the (chosen) builder (NO bid requests were sought after). This is the same Mayor who bragged about being THE City Engineer for one year before being asked to resign, who supposedly has a degree in engineering, and who requests endorsements from old military buddy in New York to state what a great SURVEY team member he was laying out Vietnam Hwy #1 - 750 foot long bridge over Cau Do River.
Now tell me why this city did not require a set of plans for the layout, or why they did not provide the builder a boundary Survey of their park which they have on the shelf? A resident CANNOT get a permit to install a fence on their property without first submitting a survey. The mayor himself needs to take personal responsibility of this major screw up, plain and simple. Just watch and see what he does, he will pass the buck and blame someone else. As a city employee we know what’s going on. Challenge these facts.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

is the city paying for this pack?$11,000, how about repaving my street? screw the stupid park. this is what i mean by spending out tax dollars wisely. what a waste.
Mayor Narcistic

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Mayor Narcisitc owes the people an explanation. Hopefully, he comes clean and tells the TRUTH at the next council meeting. If the park cost us $15,000 to build, and now $1 million to defend and make right, the citizens and taxpayers need to know.
Tee He

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

hardhead wrote:
is the city paying for this pack?$11,000, how about repaving my street? screw the stupid park. this is what i mean by spending out tax dollars wisely. what a waste.
I tend to agree that streets need to be fixed but the City hasn't been doing too bad on that front.
Having come here over 40 years ago from a rural area, paving of any sort looks better than the gravel that ran past my parents house.
$11,000 is not much in the big picture of the City budget.
Spending that kind of money on amenities, especially ones that might be attractive to young families, is not wasted money.
The plaques on St. Francois are more of an actual waste. They won't attract many people if any. They are more to stroke the egos of the city "dignitaries".
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

i'll tell you what a waste really is, $1200 a month for each council member.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 26 of26
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Overland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Overland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance