First Prev
of 2
Next Last
frisbee

Florissant, MO

#1 Feb 13, 2013
I just heard that the city of florissant put part of their new frisbee golf course on private property, outside Dunegan Park. Now there is a lawsuit filed by the owners, who had the property surveyed and hired an attorney. Who is in charge in florissant? Your tax dollars at work.
admit your error

United States

#2 Feb 14, 2013
The City made a major error and don't want to admit it. Just come clean and fix it.
(ps: there was no survey)
Wrong Info

Florissant, MO

#3 Feb 14, 2013
frisbee wrote:
I just heard that the city of florissant put part of their new frisbee golf course on private property, outside Dunegan Park. Now there is a lawsuit filed by the owners, who had the property surveyed and hired an attorney. Who is in charge in florissant? Your tax dollars at work.
The suit is against Gateway the company that built the course not the City of Florissant. Gateway Sports is the defendant and as noted in at the council meeting and elsewhere the company is fully insured and has it's own legal counsel.

I suggest you know what you "talking" about before making such comments. This is another good example of people being half-way informed and making assumptions rather than learning facts. Just like the so called "subsidized" complex that people claimed was for unmarried mothers and who knows what else. The reality is the complex is for senior citizens and will/is handled just like St. Patrick's apartments. Seniors pay rent based upon their income, some pay the full amount, some do not. No doubt that upsets a lot of you doom and gloom posters but facts are facts.
blame someone else

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2013
just like the president, blame someone else.
What

Florissant, MO

#5 Feb 14, 2013
blame someone else wrote:
just like the president, blame someone else.
OK, since you know everything explain how the city can be responsible for an alledged mistake made by a company that bid on the project, is insured, has its own legal rep, and has agreed to arbitrate the issue?
The fact is there has been no lawsuit filed and it hasn't even been determined if there is a problem. If you yappers would go to a council meeting you would know that. But you prefer to sit on your butt and whine.
By your reckoning if someone for instance installs a fence on your property and they damage your neighbor's property or go over the property line it is your responsibility to pay for the damage. Yeah like you would let that happen.
When a company bids on a project anywhere/anything and they sign the contract to do that project all the responsibility lies with the company itself. Whether it is damaging property, an injured person/employee, missed deadlines, whatever it might be. So I suggest you people learn something about the topic and quit stirring up BS where there is none.
you fool

Florissant, MO

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Wrong Info wrote:
<quoted text>
The suit is against Gateway the company that built the course not the City of Florissant. Gateway Sports is the defendant and as noted in at the council meeting and elsewhere the company is fully insured and has it's own legal counsel.
I suggest you know what you "talking" about before making such comments. This is another good example of people being half-way informed and making assumptions rather than learning facts. Just like the so called "subsidized" complex that people claimed was for unmarried mothers and who knows what else. The reality is the complex is for senior citizens and will/is handled just like St. Patrick's apartments. Seniors pay rent based upon their income, some pay the full amount, some do not. No doubt that upsets a lot of you doom and gloom posters but facts are facts.
You are wrong about the subsidized housing bucky. It will be nothing like St. Patrick's.
St. Pats don't allow residents to have other family members (aka city monkeys) live with them. Get your facts straight before you shout bullsh@t.
Really

Florissant, MO

#7 Feb 14, 2013
you fool wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong about the subsidized housing bucky. It will be nothing like St. Patrick's.
St. Pats don't allow residents to have other family members (aka city monkeys) live with them. Get your facts straight before you shout bullsh@t.
Another person who has no idea what he is talking about. The complex is for Seniors only not families not people with teens. People who do not go to council meetings, who do not read the updates sent out by the city every month have no clue what they are complaining about.

I bet you don't even know which complex the poster was referring to, now do you? Where is it? When was it opened or is it even finished? Who built it? Who runs it? Come on now bright guy show us what you know.
you fool

Florissant, MO

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Another person who has no idea what he is talking about. The complex is for Seniors only not families not people with teens. People who do not go to council meetings, who do not read the updates sent out by the city every month have no clue what they are complaining about.
I bet you don't even know which complex the poster was referring to, now do you? Where is it? When was it opened or is it even finished? Who built it? Who runs it? Come on now bright guy show us what you know.
I do go to cc meetings log-head.
I do go to ex meetings.
I read the newsletters brain-fart.
You do know those newsletters are put out as nothing more than a brag rag for the mayor.(no you probably don't)
Might I suggest you talk to Mark .. you know the previous owner of the property in question. He's at all the meetings too. Front row.
You will have to pull your head out of the mayors ass far enough so you can hear what is said. Never mind people like you are incapable of it.
OK so

Florissant, MO

#9 Feb 14, 2013
you fool wrote:
<quoted text>
I do go to cc meetings log-head.
I do go to ex meetings.
I read the newsletters brain-fart.
You do know those newsletters are put out as nothing more than a brag rag for the mayor.(no you probably don't)
Might I suggest you talk to Mark .. you know the previous owner of the property in question. He's at all the meetings too. Front row.
You will have to pull your head out of the mayors ass far enough so you can hear what is said. Never mind people like you are incapable of it.
which senior complex is the poster referring to? You didn't bother to answer that one now did you. If you really knew what it was about you wouldn't get all worked up and act like a 14 year old. You'd simply answer the question...Which one was she or he talking about?
A hint

Florissant, MO

#10 Feb 14, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, since you know everything explain how the city can be responsible for an alledged mistake made by a company that bid on the project, is insured, has its own legal rep, and has agreed to arbitrate the issue?
The fact is there has been no lawsuit filed and it hasn't even been determined if there is a problem. If you yappers would go to a council meeting you would know that. But you prefer to sit on your butt and whine.
By your reckoning if someone for instance installs a fence on your property and they damage your neighbor's property or go over the property line it is your responsibility to pay for the damage. Yeah like you would let that happen.
When a company bids on a project anywhere/anything and they sign the contract to do that project all the responsibility lies with the company itself. Whether it is damaging property, an injured person/employee, missed deadlines, whatever it might be. So I suggest you people learn something about the topic and quit stirring up BS where there is none.
You are under the mistaken idea that your are conversing with people who have some knowledge of the subject. If you post here enough you'll find out that a lot of posters are just malcontents with no facts or understanding of an issue. They are easily spotted because they always (I mean ALWAYS) resort to childish retorts and name calling. They never answer a direct question nor present any factual counter arguments. So, you are wasting your time trying to explain anything to them, especially if you use words with more then one syllable.
you fool

Florissant, MO

#11 Feb 14, 2013
OK so wrote:
<quoted text>
which senior complex is the poster referring to? You didn't bother to answer that one now did you. If you really knew what it was about you wouldn't get all worked up and act like a 14 year old. You'd simply answer the question...Which one was she or he talking about?
You really are a dimwit. How many fu@king senior complexes in Florissant are in the planning stages? Come back when you get a little more info from the mayors colon gastrointestinal tract. You are so uninformed you're not worth wasting time on.
we need shooting range

United States

#12 Feb 14, 2013
They should install a modern shooting range at the Park. They would be swamped with business, it would be a money maker.
show some love

Florissant, MO

#13 Feb 14, 2013
we need shooting range wrote:
They should install a modern shooting range at the Park. They would be swamped with business, it would be a money maker.
build section 8 apartments there. them people need homes too. quit being your white honkey selfish self. to your way of thinkin there'd be no vacancies left. win win for the new culture warriors infiltrating the area. embrace it cause it aint goin away you fool.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Feb 15, 2013
show some love wrote:
<quoted text>build section 8 apartments there. them people need homes too. quit being your white honkey selfish self. to your way of thinkin there'd be no vacancies left. win win for the new culture warriors infiltrating the area. embrace it cause it aint goin away you fool.
i got a better idea, put a big cage in the middle up there and put any thugs the police catch in it and the citizens can go buy and throw darts at them when ever them feel like it.
Told you

Florissant, MO

#15 Feb 15, 2013
you fool wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a dimwit. How many fu@king senior complexes in Florissant are in the planning stages? Come back when you get a little more info from the mayors colon gastrointestinal tract. You are so uninformed you're not worth wasting time on.
People who don't know what they are yapping about never answer a question they just throw back juvenile comments and act like a bigshot.

If this guy really knew what he was talking about he wouldn't evade the question he'd be able to answer it easily. Pretty obvious he doesn't know a darn thing.

And he also admits to reading the monthly news letter although he considers it BS and going to council meetings although he considers them the same. Either he is lying (a good bet) or ? Why else would someone waste their time reading and going somewhere that they so disagree with?

Baloney is baloney no matter how you slice it!
you fool

Florissant, MO

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Told you wrote:
<quoted text>
People who don't know what they are yapping about never answer a question they just throw back juvenile comments and act like a bigshot.
If this guy really knew what he was talking about he wouldn't evade the question he'd be able to answer it easily. Pretty obvious he doesn't know a darn thing.
And he also admits to reading the monthly news letter although he considers it BS and going to council meetings although he considers them the same. Either he is lying (a good bet) or ? Why else would someone waste their time reading and going somewhere that they so disagree with?
Baloney is baloney no matter how you slice it!
Pick a name and stick to it. You got at least three now.
I'll try to make it a little bit simpler for your tiny brain. Can you look up
... C A R L A space D R I V E? Now go google that dimwit. Don't forget the space blow-hard.
OKEY DOKE

Florissant, MO

#17 Feb 15, 2013
you fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick a name and stick to it. You got at least three now.
I'll try to make it a little bit simpler for your tiny brain. Can you look up
... C A R L A space D R I V E? Now go google that dimwit. Don't forget the space blow-hard.
Actually we (there's more then one of us) don't care about the frisbee course, the lawsuit if there is one or apartments, houses, etc.
We just like to post stuff on here to watch you old farts get all worked up and foaming at the mouth.
It's a great way to pass the time and it never fails. All you have to do is disagree with any of you and you go ballistic. Just proves what the real problem is with society.
'Til next time...
you fool

Florissant, MO

#18 Feb 15, 2013
OKEY DOKE wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we (there's more then one of us) don't care about the frisbee course, the lawsuit if there is one or apartments, houses, etc.
We just like to post stuff on here to watch you old farts get all worked up and foaming at the mouth.
It's a great way to pass the time and it never fails. All you have to do is disagree with any of you and you go ballistic. Just proves what the real problem is with society.
'Til next time...
Got shut-up didn't you. Can't argue when confronted with the truth. Or did your daughter take your computer away.
Now hurry down to the barber shop so you can spout some more bs. Don't look behind you though because the are all rolling their eyes.
frisbee

Florissant, MO

#19 Feb 17, 2013
This frisbee issue went WAY off track. So I did some more homework and there is no lawsuit filed (yet) but a lawyer has contacted the city. But gateway golf built to the specifications given to them by city and they claim NO liability. They were told they owned the property and where to put the course. Somebody dropped the ball, and somebody is going to have to pay.
for the greater need

United States

#20 Feb 18, 2013
The city can just take it, emminant domain.

at least they cleaned up that mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
18-year-old shot dead by Missouri cop: witnesses 5 min James 1,176
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 11 min xxxrayted 720
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 12 min James 4,034
Ferguson, Clive Bundy, and the Second Amendment 15 min Squach 364
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 24 min xxxrayted 1,311
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 54 min SevenTee 3,439
It's not black or white , it's legal or illegal... 55 min Jim Beam 7
Overland Dating
Find my Match

Overland Jobs