major mayor error
silly irishman

United States

#1 Feb 12, 2013
it is rumored, that the city has crossed property lines at Dunnegant Park when installing their frizbee golf course and encroched on private property. the property owners now want money to fix.
Why would it be

Florissant, MO

#2 Feb 12, 2013
silly irishman wrote:
it is rumored, that the city has crossed property lines at Dunnegant Park when installing their frizbee golf course and encroched on private property. the property owners now want money to fix.
the mayor's error? The area was surveyed by a private company not the city so the surveying company/agents made the mistake. The Gateway Disc Sports did the surveying and the work. Unless the mayor personally went out and layed out the boundaries, dug up the area, and installed all the necessities for a disc golf course. I seriously doubt that happened.

FYI, the company Gateway Disc is insured and has agreed to accept any responsibility caused by their error.
JJT

Florissant, MO

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Why would it be wrote:
<quoted text>
the mayor's error? The area was surveyed by a private company not the city so the surveying company/agents made the mistake. The Gateway Disc Sports did the surveying and the work. Unless the mayor personally went out and layed out the boundaries, dug up the area, and installed all the necessities for a disc golf course. I seriously doubt that happened.
FYI, the company Gateway Disc is insured and has agreed to accept any responsibility caused by their error if there is an error.
Not the City's problem it's the company that built the course. And it still isn't clear if there is a problem. The residents that believe their property was infringed upon may be the ones that made the mistake.
Anyway as you pointed out the responsibility lies with the builder not the city. But, if you post here enough you will see there are some outsiders who have nothing to do except butt into business that doesn't concern them. Ignoring them is the best bet because their opinion isn't worth noting.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Feb 12, 2013
how are they going to keep the frizbee golfers from being held up at gun point at dunnegant park. the blacks have ruined that park also. use to have a nice skate park until the blacks started coming around and gun play started taking place, unless you are going to have armed guards standing by, look for trouble there.
Chloe

Florissant, MO

#5 Feb 12, 2013
hardhead wrote:
how are they going to keep the frizbee golfers from being held up at gun point at dunnegant park. the blacks have ruined that park also. use to have a nice skate park until the blacks started coming around and gun play started taking place, unless you are going to have armed guards standing by, look for trouble there.
racist scum. yep.
cotton picker

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Chloe wrote:
<quoted text>racist scum. yep.
Racist but true. Ask any rational black person, they will tell you what the scum of their race has done for them. They ruin everything that is nice. Those same blacks also seem to have a serious issue with bathing.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Feb 12, 2013
cotton picker wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist but true. Ask any rational black person, they will tell you what the scum of their race has done for them. They ruin everything that is nice. Those same blacks also seem to have a serious issue with bathing.
this is so true! if i am a racist it's because the blacks have made me that way.i try and see everything in an open light but the crime and dirt the blacks bring with them hits you right in the face. i can see what the problem is and so can a lot of other people. it's the black power idiots that's got it screwed up for everyone. if i was black(thank heavens i'm not)i would be mad at these gold teeth, pants down around their ass big mouth jackass's and sit their ass's straight. if taking care of my family,keeping my home and my self clean. acting like i have some common sense while out in public means i am a racist, then i guess i am!
I Know

Florissant, MO

#8 Feb 21, 2013
For those who appreciate the facts, on Friday, April 20, 2012 Mayor Tom met with, the Parks director and Dave Mccormick (the disc developer/builder). The mayor was provided a demonstration of this new sport and immediately fell in love with it. The council meeting on April 23, 2012 the mayor was highly motivated to announce this new venue of which he personally highly supports. While at that time he could not provide further information to the council but he assured the council that this was going to be a great thing. In fact he quoted that a good course would be around $11,000 and he was personally recommending a course on the scale of Bell Reeve which would cost the city $15,000. The Mayor wanted a premier course out doing St. Louis County’s course at Sioux Passage. Now the Mayor walked the park with the (chosen) builder (NO bid requests were sought after). This is the same Mayor who bragged about being THE City Engineer for one year before being asked to resign, who supposedly has a degree in engineering, and who requests endorsements from old military buddy in New York to state what a great SURVEY team member he was laying out Vietnam Hwy #1 - 750 foot long bridge over Cau Do River.
Now tell me why this city did not require a set of plans for the layout, or why they did not provide the builder a boundary Survey of their park which they have on the shelf? A resident CANNOT get a permit to install a fence on their property without first submitting a survey. The mayor himself needs to take personal responsibility of this major screw up, plain and simple. Just watch and see what he does, he will pass the buck and blame someone else. As a city employee we know what’s going on.

It is not the builder developers fault, the responsibility lies on the city administration not doing their job or due diligence. The mayor ordered shortcuts and pushed this project forward. Our city tax dollars will pay for this huge mistake all because of one man's ego and mismanagement.
I Know

Florissant, MO

#9 Feb 21, 2013
The city did not do a survey nor did Gate Way Disc Sports. The survey was performed by Topos, a local Flor. survey company hired by the estate who owns the property to prove that the city cross the line. Course builder was told there was no need for a survey by head city administration. As this situation unfolds watch the MAYOR finger point as to who is to blame. Not to worry though,the truth will come out in the future election cycle.
the blame game

United States

#10 Feb 21, 2013
in this dysfunctional city of who is on first, it's no ones fault. plenty of blame to go around.
the mayor has never managed anything in his life, his is in on the job training, cut him some slack.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cabela's Moving from the Mills?? (Jan '14) 9 hr hardhead 60
Backyard Bird Watching/Feeding 9 hr hardhead 13
Real Estate Prices and moving..... 16 hr TTU 33
Black Labs Matter Mon florissant native 2
Hillary Clinton E-Mails Mon exposing florissant 44
so-cial-ism Mon Marcus Welby 12
News Overland Police Officer Andrew Ringeisen charge... (Apr '10) Dec '15 None of your busi... 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Overland Mortgages