Jamestown Mall Memories
Oh really

Troy, MO

#69 Jan 9, 2013
David Duke wrote:
<quoted text>stfu coon or youll be swingin from a tree in TX.
Is that a threat Mr. Tough Racist hater man? As an African American man, I've seen cowards just like you all of my life. It's easy for you to sit in your Momma's basement and type tough and make idle threats that I'm sure you are in no position to follow through on. I imagine that on the street, you run the other way in your community whenever you see someone that looks different than yourself. The truth is, you're a coward, a racist, a bigot, a loser, and a shit bum all rolled up into one. Most black folks with any level of intelligence can see right through backward haters like yourself who thrive on stirring up crap behind a keyboard with Momma up in the kitchen cooking your food for your pathetic little self.
I do not blame you

Florissant, MO

#70 Jan 9, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a threat Mr. Tough Racist hater man? As an African American man, I've seen cowards just like you all of my life. It's easy for you to sit in your Momma's basement and type tough and make idle threats that I'm sure you are in no position to follow through on. I imagine that on the street, you run the other way in your community whenever you see someone that looks different than yourself. The truth is, you're a coward, a racist, a bigot, a loser, and a shit bum all rolled up into one. Most black folks with any level of intelligence can see right through backward haters like yourself who thrive on stirring up crap behind a keyboard with Momma up in the kitchen cooking your food for your pathetic little self.
for getting angry with the illiterates who posts such BS. But, do you really want to bring yourself down to their level. If you read some of their other postings you will notice that their educational and intellectual level is nil.
It's JMHO, and I am certainly not trying to tell you you aren't justified in confronting the cretins, but all they really want is attention any way they can get it. What needs to be done is for every decent citizen no matter their race, economic situation, etc. make a joint effort to better things for us all.
Yeah, I know the Texas guy and the other malcontents are going to post their childish insults and obscenities, but who cares? They are powerless and as you said cowardly all they have is a keyboard and a limited (very limited) amount of gray matter. They should be pitied for their pathetic comments and their even more pathetic lives.
Hardhead

Eureka, MO

#71 Jan 9, 2013
23% or 75% the blacks do 99% of the crimes.oh really writes ( any black folks with any level of intelligence ) that's just it most of them can't even speak english.i'll say it again in fifty years the history books will read the black race was the downfall of America,ruined the country from coast to coast.
laughin on the outside

High Ridge, MO

#72 Jan 12, 2013
Oh really wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a threat Mr. Tough Racist hater man? As an African American man, I've seen cowards just like you all of my life. It's easy for you to sit in your Momma's basement and type tough and make idle threats that I'm sure you are in no position to follow through on. I imagine that on the street, you run the other way in your community whenever you see someone that looks different than yourself. The truth is, you're a coward, a racist, a bigot, a loser, and a shit bum all rolled up into one. Most black folks with any level of intelligence can see right through backward haters like yourself who thrive on stirring up crap behind a keyboard with Momma up in the kitchen cooking your food for your pathetic little self.
you sound upset?? must be an easy task to push your buttons LOl...
Chief

High Ridge, MO

#73 Jan 13, 2013
Oh really wrote:
blah, blah, silly kneegrow your opinion is much like yourself worthless as are brk@ass kneegrows. Just go collecting your ebt , welfare, government subsidies, and entitlements. One thing I never understood about you violent savages is it never seems to be enough. Just be happy the whites go to work each day to pay for your worthless existence .You and your kind are scum on the bootheel of America.
Georgia girl

Newnan, GA

#74 Apr 14, 2013
corn dog wrote:
Anybody remember the name of the corn dog place at jamestown mall in the 80s? They had lemonade as well. I think they were across from the walgreens?
It was called corn dog on a stick. It was my first job!
Emma

Silex, MO

#75 Jul 10, 2013
I remember going to Jamestown as a kid with my parents. Every Halloween my dad would take us kids to go shopping for their anniversary. First stop was Things Remembered. Walgreens for the wrapping and card. Dinner at the restaurant next to Walgreens. Dad taking us to KB Toys to look around. I remember getting some stupid hippo thing there called a Wuzzle. My family moved from Florissant in 96. I had no idea how things were till 2009 when I decided to visit my old neighborhood and swing by the mall. I thought it was closed. No cars in the parking lot. Sears was over grown with weeds. Maybe 8 stores at the time occupied the mall. Its rather sad seeing it in this condition.
FloMo Mama

Saint Louis, MO

#76 Jul 11, 2013
Except for in more well-to-do neighborhoods, the whole mall concept has just died. NW Plaza, Jamestown Mall and Crestwood Mall officially closed yesterday. And if you ever go to the Mills, it's not a bustling mall like they used to be. In this general area, "The Dove" mall and Mid-Rivers Mall are about the only ones what even resemble the malls of yesteryear.
FloMo Mama

Saint Louis, MO

#77 Jul 11, 2013
*that resemble*...sorry
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#78 Jul 11, 2013
lot of good memories at jamestown mall when i was a kid and then took my children there for things. river roads was great too, don't remember the name of the toy store that was ther but i remember rideing the tram that they had in there along the ceiling. what great fun as a kid in there.
Hambone

Pevely, MO

#79 Jan 11, 2015
I remember the cafeteria as a kid and a sit down restaurant at one of the ends with old timey wooden floor. As a teenagerSpencer's, the movie theater, arcade and walking into the tinder box for smokes and the smell of all different pipe tobacco with the two old timers working there. How things change!
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#80 Feb 27, 2015
negro's moved in and ruined it all.
ATVrider2

Bridgeton, MO

#81 Feb 27, 2015
Actually white people left....that's when it fell apart. The "community" as we know it can't sustain itself without income coming in. When you're living off what you "get" the standards go down.
HarleyRider1

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#82 Feb 27, 2015
ATVrider2 wrote:
Actually white people left....that's when it fell apart. The "community" as we know it can't sustain itself without income coming in. When you're living off what you "get" the standards go down.
Yeah so stay there and cry like the bitches that you are. Lot of good thats gonna do.
ATVrider2

Bridgeton, MO

#83 Feb 27, 2015
I'm not just moving down the road like Lake St. Louis or Saint Charles. It's slowly moving that way too. Rural living is the only way to live a clean safe life any more. Learn to be self sustainable BEFORE it falls apart. Keep your eyes open, you might just get run over by one of them with NO insurance. They'll leave the scene and you'll be pissing through a tube for the rest of your life.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#84 Feb 27, 2015
white people left because the kneegrows moved in. i agree the only way to live in a safe place is move to the country. way to many blacks never carry insurance on their cars. this should be where the law comes into play and start stopping and arresting these blacks and impounding their cars .
TTU

Florissant, MO

#85 Feb 27, 2015
hardhead wrote:
white people left because the kneegrows moved in. i agree the only way to live in a safe place is move to the country. way to many blacks never carry insurance on their cars. this should be where the law comes into play and start stopping and arresting these blacks and impounding their cars .
Honestly for me the large black clientele at Jamestown Mall didn't bother me. I stopped shopping there because the stores stopped selling anything that I wanted to buy clotheswise, and the dressing rooms started smelling like urine.

I did not want to buy giant baggy jeans that looked like they were soaked in coffee, and they stopped carrying regular Levis 501s and 505s in my size at Macy's, Dillards, Penney's and Sears. And I did not need or want a baby blue or pumpkin colored 3 piece suit with matching spats.
Marcus Welby

Ballwin, MO

#86 Feb 27, 2015
I could be way off on this but wasn't it Jamestown where they were having problems with people doing the dirty deed in the dressing rooms?
TTU

Florissant, MO

#87 Mar 1, 2015
Marcus Welby wrote:
I could be way off on this but wasn't it Jamestown where they were having problems with people doing the dirty deed in the dressing rooms?
Never heard or saw that at JM. I have seen the deed being done in various NC parking lots, including the lot at the Chain of Rocks bridge. Called the cops each time with the license number and description. One time it was in the car next to mine and the ho was talking to Mr. Johnson while Mr. Johnson's owner was eating a Big Mac and dropping lettuce on her nappy hair. That was part of the description I gave to the dispatcher. We both got a laugh out of that one.

But I personally encountered numerous dressing rooms reeking of pee at JM. I don't know if its a cultural thing or what, but that and lack of suitable clothing options to buy drove me away from JM.
Moved to the sticks!!

Rolla, MO

#88 Mar 6, 2015
Funny how talking about the memories of Jamestown turns into a back and forth about race! I moved to the sticks about a decade ago and I can tell you that a lot of the same crime is being committed, it's just by white people! I was born and raised in Florissant and it is a shame what is happening. The sticks is the way to go, but don't be mislead, there is still crime, not as much, but it's white people doing it not black!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 3 min Le Jimbo 2,472
Think all you welfare moms for putting thugs ou... 32 min Truth Teller 25
"High-Crime" Areas in Florissant (May '08) 11 hr hardhead 460
Classic! 12 hr hardhead 7
When will hardhead leave this board 13 hr hardhead 32
how many blacks died last night ? 14 hr hardhead 46
News Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... (Aug '14) 14 hr Page Turner 6,373
More from around the web

Overland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]