Florissant police department
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I believe you might have

Florissant, MO

#48 Apr 4, 2013
Frank Saint wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I like your post! You're awful fast to go on the defensive and point the finger in the other direction. Which raises red flags when someone has simply asked the opinions of others on how the department is ran.
Maybe it is his business even though he might not live here. Did you stop to think that he might own a business here and live elsewhere? he might be a single parent whose children attend your schools. Why would you imply that he broke the law and received a citation? And I don't see any allegations in his post. And seriously? You've lived here for 40 years and not one time ever, in that 40 years have they ever messed up or done anything wrong? Not even by accident? Lol nothing huh? Sounds to me that this is an attempt to divert attention away from the question asked and the answers implied. Your instantaneous defensive posture, as any psychiatrist will tell you, indicates that you're trying to hide something or protect someone.
Just saying ;)
I've lived here almost that long and never had a problem with the FPD or any police department. Why? Because I believe in obeying the law. My kids have gotten tickets or did when they lived here, and they had to own up to the fact and pay it.

I don't know what the guy's problem is with the police or yours. But you are accusing someone with no proof just like the person you are responding to did. So how does that make you different?

Aside from that let's use your logic and ask you why you are so argumentative about his or her opinion? Why can you not believe there are people (I'll bet lots of them) that have never had a problem with the police no matter where they live?

Using your logic, your statement about "red flags" could definitely apply to yourself.
Concerned

Wentzville, MO

#49 Apr 4, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't Lake St. Screwy have its own forum? Question 1, why are you posting here? Question 2, what are you trying to insinuate here with your rhetoric? Is this a race baiting commentary on your part or is it an effort to claim your area is crime free? Which is it?
I used to work there as though it matters, no insinuation no commentary just facts
Maybe just me

Florissant, MO

#52 Apr 6, 2013
Concerned wrote:
You should take note of several things that are going on not only in Florissant but North County in general. Look at Jamestown Mall, Northwest Plaza, and the Mills is next. The question is why?
Face the statistical truth. The police departments have not changed but the face of crime has! The school districts have changed, the shopping areas have changed, the types of stores have changed, from large retail stores to small mom and pop stores. The products that are being sold has changed. More pawn shops, Chinese restaurants, used car dealers, etc.
When shopping who are the sales staff? Look around see for yourself, what's going on. What are the traffic patterns, who is being arrested for the majority of the crimes, what is the racial makeup of the schools, and the neighborhoods?
These questions are self evident and all have the same answer, judge for yourself.
Add FAKE hair joints and Beauty Supplies shops to the list. Just how many of these places does Florissant need?
just curious

Troy, MO

#53 Apr 6, 2013
Maybe just me wrote:
<quoted text>
Add FAKE hair joints and Beauty Supplies shops to the list. Just how many of these places does Florissant need?
are these the type of places that persons of an african culture might indulge in?
Tim

Florissant, MO

#54 Apr 7, 2013
I believe you might have wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lived here almost that long and never had a problem with the FPD or any police department. Why? Because I believe in obeying the law. My kids have gotten tickets or did when they lived here, and they had to own up to the fact and pay it.
I don't know what the guy's problem is with the police or yours. But you are accusing someone with no proof just like the person you are responding to did. So how does that make you different?
Aside from that let's use your logic and ask you why you are so argumentative about his or her opinion? Why can you not believe there are people (I'll bet lots of them) that have never had a problem with the police no matter where they live?
Using your logic, your statement about "red flags" could definitely apply to yourself.


Lol, this is so funny! What are you hiding? And who are you trying to stick up for and protect?

I just moved here and there is a serious stigma around the police. After hearing about the chief passing out in his car, thats all I need to hear. But you dont have a problem with that either do ya?!

;)
ha ha

Saint Peters, MO

#55 Apr 8, 2013
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, this is so funny! What are you hiding? And who are you trying to stick up for and protect?

I just moved here and there is a serious stigma around the police. After hearing about the chief passing out in his car, thats all I need to hear. But you dont have a problem with that either do ya?!

;)
It was a Captain, not the Chief. The Captain resigned shortly afterwards.
So move

Florissant, MO

#56 Apr 8, 2013
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, this is so funny! What are you hiding? And who are you trying to stick up for and protect?
I just moved here and there is a serious stigma around the police. After hearing about the chief passing out in his car, thats all I need to hear. But you dont have a problem with that either do ya?!
;)
No one is forced to live here or anywhere. Interesting that you "just moved here" and are already bitching about the FPD and probably any and every thing you can find to complain about.

How could the poster be "hiding' something? You have to be the proverbial drama queen. Stigma? Really? If there is one thing this city doesn't need more of it's people like you, charter members of the moan and groan club. Hope to see you gone very, very soon.
Frank Saint

Florissant, MO

#57 Apr 10, 2013
I believe you might have wrote:
<quoted text>
I've lived here almost that long and never had a problem with the FPD or any police department. Why? Because I believe in obeying the law. My kids have gotten tickets or did when they lived here, and they had to own up to the fact and pay it.
I don't know what the guy's problem is with the police or yours. But you are accusing someone with no proof just like the person you are responding to did. So how does that make you different?
Aside from that let's use your logic and ask you why you are so argumentative about his or her opinion? Why can you not believe there are people (I'll bet lots of them) that have never had a problem with the police no matter where they live?
Using your logic, your statement about "red flags" could definitely apply to yourself.
This is hilarious..
"you are accusing someone with no proof"
- What did I accuse him of?

"Why can you not believe there are people (I'll bet lots of them) that have never had a problem with the police no matter where they live?"
-I didn't say anything to that effect!

"Using your logic, your statement about "red flags" could definitely apply to yourself"

Okay, using my logic pertaining to my statement about "red flags."
I stated,
"You're awful fast to go on the defensive and point the finger in the other direction. Which raises red flags when someone has simply asked the opinions of others opinion on how the department is ran."
I wasn't being defensive untill now by pointing out through observation, with references cited, the fact that your entire post is a grasp at straws, makes no sense and has no legitimate argument.

"Don't try and church it up, son. Don't you mean Joe Dirt?"
Well you

Florissant, MO

#58 Apr 11, 2013
insinuated he was "hiding" something, that would sound accusatory to most people. You also insinuated he or he was trying to protect someone or something so that's not an opinon that's an accusation.

As for the "red flags" he or she was obviously commenting about the entire post not just a portion of it. The poster also said they had not had a problem with the police department. They didn't say anything about there not being problems. All police departments and government agencies in generaly have problems of all sorts.

Of course you had to pick a post from almost two years ago just to stir up [email protected]@@ and no other reason. That police captain (not Chief) resigned soon after the incident. So before you start trashing people and the city and behaving as if you have all the answers...think again!

BTW, I agree with whomever said...anyone who doesn't do a little research about a place they are going to move to doesn't have any right to complain. And of course you can always leave..hint, hint.
some truth

United States

#59 Apr 11, 2013
Well you wrote:
insinuated he was "hiding" something, that would sound accusatory to most people. You also insinuated he or he was trying to protect someone or something so that's not an opinon that's an accusation.
As for the "red flags" he or she was obviously commenting about the entire post not just a portion of it. The poster also said they had not had a problem with the police department. They didn't say anything about there not being problems. All police departments and government agencies in generaly have problems of all sorts.
Of course you had to pick a post from almost two years ago just to stir up [email protected]@@ and no other reason. That police captain (not Chief) resigned soon after the incident. So before you start trashing people and the city and behaving as if you have all the answers...think again!
BTW, I agree with whomever said...anyone who doesn't do a little research about a place they are going to move to doesn't have any right to complain. And of course you can always leave..hint, hint.
Yes it was a captain, but, what people don't realize, is that the then mayor and chief, both, covered up for this captain on numerous occasions with his problem. instead of offering him employee assistance to fix his problem, they covered up, allow to happen, covered up multiple accidents the captain had in his police car, and hid the truth. then when they could not cover up any more, they threw the captain under the bus. i guess former mayor lowery forgot how then mayor eagan save his butt when he got in trouble. eagan saved his friend, lowery and the chief did not save their long time friend, and employee. don't be fooled, this is a huge cover up.
Oh really

Wentzville, MO

#61 Apr 11, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
Big deal who isn't corrupt that works for the government?
It's moronic sentiment like this that got us where we are today with a Keynesian Socialist as POTUS.
Oh really

Wentzville, MO

#63 Apr 11, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
I don't think so. It's people like me who look skeptically at everything they do. I didn't vote for Obama.
Sure you didn't.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#65 Apr 11, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
OK man. I guess if I cared. I'd be offended.
and if you had any brains you'd be dangerous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Crimes in Florissant (Jun '17) 52 min Doctor Taco 323
News Arnold Officer Ryan O'Connor Shot by Handcuffed... 1 hr Doctor Taco 18
An honest discussion on race (Oct '16) 1 hr Gone girl 54
solution to florissants negro problems 3 hr Hardhead 8
Democrats in Chaos (Nov '16) 4 hr Marcus Welby 179
Income Tax Reform 5 hr Marcus Welby 3
Illegal Immigration Versus Black Employment (Feb '14) 7 hr Marcus Welby 16

Overland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Overland Mortgages