tax increase, don't vote for this!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rick D

Hume, MO

#23 Jul 26, 2013
It has now been announced that North County Inc.'s Board has also endorsed the tax increase. It seems that the business community, which normally opposes all taxes, believe this one is necessary.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#24 Jul 27, 2013
Rick D wrote:
It has now been announced that North County Inc.'s Board has also endorsed the tax increase. It seems that the business community, which normally opposes all taxes, believe this one is necessary.
they need to go out and talk to the business owners in person. the north county inc's board is a small group of people and they don't speak for every business owner out there, just like the school board doesn't speak for everyone.
hmmm

Saint Louis, MO

#25 Jul 27, 2013
hardhead wrote:
<quoted text> they need to go out and talk to the business owners in person. the north county inc's board is a small group of people and they don't speak for every business owner out there, just like the school board doesn't speak for everyone.
I find it pretty darn funny that you can say that one group doesn't speak for another. This, while you feel comfortable posting your inane blatherings about race, education, crime and whatever else in broad terms that you think apply to every location. Take a hard look at yourself before you continue with your b.s..
Mary

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#26 Jul 27, 2013
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it pretty darn funny that you can say that one group doesn't speak for another. This, while you feel comfortable posting your inane blatherings about race, education, crime and whatever else in broad terms that you think apply to every location. Take a hard look at yourself before you continue with your b.s..
He's a sick ba$tard. I've learned to ignore his asinine race based rants and white supremist lunacy.
Rick D

Waterloo, IL

#27 Jul 28, 2013
North County Inc's Chairman is Ron McMullen of Christian Hospital, DePaul has a representative on the Board. Several municipalities and civic organizations as well as businesses have seats on a board that consists of over 40 members

I think they are a better cross section of the community than one person.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#28 Jul 29, 2013
Rick D wrote:
North County Inc's Chairman is Ron McMullen of Christian Hospital, DePaul has a representative on the Board. Several municipalities and civic organizations as well as businesses have seats on a board that consists of over 40 members
I think they are a better cross section of the community than one person.
all of these people you mention make pretty big bucks and can afford a tax increase, what about the people on fixed incomes ?
knucklehead

Saint Louis, MO

#30 Jul 29, 2013
hardhead wrote:
<quoted text> all of these people you mention make pretty big bucks and can afford a tax increase, what about the people on fixed incomes ?
Who cares about them? They contribute nothing to society. Time to bulldoze their houses and get them out of Florissant.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#31 Jul 29, 2013
knucklehead wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares about them? They contribute nothing to society. Time to bulldoze their houses and get them out of Florissant.
there's something wrong with america when our old folks can't afford their meds, or to heat or cool their homes. you think that's what we should do with them is put them corner and forget about them. the blacks are eating up out tax money.
knucklehead

Saint Louis, MO

#32 Jul 29, 2013
hardhead wrote:
<quoted text> there's something wrong with america when our old folks can't afford their meds, or to heat or cool their homes. you think that's what we should do with them is put them corner and forget about them. the blacks are eating up out tax money.
Not my problem! They knew they were getting old! They knew money would be tight! Why should I have to pay to support them? Old people are just holding our city back and it's time for them to go I say!
TTU

United States

#33 Jul 31, 2013
It looks to me like FFSD has run up against the top of its tax levying ability as a result of falling real estate values.

Voters can vote to allow the levy increase, which will allow the district to hopefully maintain the status quo, or they can vote no, and there will likely need to be some additional cuts.

If they vote yes, I am inclined to believe that they may be more likely to entice transfers from Riverview Gardens and Normandy. If those are largely poorly performing students, that could put the district's accreditation status in jeopardy. If they lose that status, under the new law SB125, the state board can take immediate action to remove the board and administration.

If they vote no, that may force the district to curtail transfers, which could end up saving it from related problems, even though it is operating with lower income.

Taxpayers should keep in mind that the state has zeroed in on these north county districts with the new law for a reason. The St Louis area provides about 40 percent of the state's tax income, and of that a large part comes from the companies in the north county area.

The area around the airport, North Park, the recently cleared Ford plant and Hazelwood represent the state's best locations for attracting new businesses--excellent highway, rail, and air transportation, abundant water and electricity, a skilled workforce, etc.

It is not lost on the state powers, and existing and potential large businesses that the local school districts basically suck, and that high skilled workers are consequently forced to commute long distances to access quality schools.

If this situation is not changed by the locals, and soon, the state will step in and do it for them. This will likely involve consolidation and long term state control or at least close supervision. It will also likely involve charter and magnet academy type programs, shades of what is going on in the St Louis Pub Schools.

The time to take action is at hand.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#34 Aug 1, 2013
i agree,VOTE NO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the DNC Hiding ? 14 min Moved to the stic... 11
Concerns Regarding Keith English @ Dist. 68 1 hr xyz 8
Trolling for losers on Topix (Dec '15) 2 hr captain schmuck 2
Three Black ladies harrased at Toys R Us (Dec '15) 2 hr captain schmuck 3
You're all safe now 3 hr hardhead 2
Poll Do You Feel Safer Than You Did 7 Years Ago ? (Dec '15) 16 hr exposing florissant 174
News 2 years after Ferguson, recriminations roil gov... 18 hr Captain Yesterday 15

Overland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Overland Mortgages