Electric wheelchairs in store's

Electric wheelchairs in store's

Posted in the Overland Forum

Just about stuff

Ashburn, VA

#1 Dec 22, 2013
I just went to Kmart with my husband who had major knee surgery a few months ago. He has trouble walking distance without causing pain.We went to get a wheelchair but only one and it was dead. We went toward the back of store and here is a kid maybe 12 yrs old on one wheeling around . . I said' that's why there are no wc for people who need them.. Her mother heard me and said You need to keep your comments to yourself.'That's my daughter ,her ankle hurts. ( Really) No brace ,splint or anything on either ankle. Not even socks so could see clearly it didn't appear major. I think the DMV should give an ID card for people who have placards to show for those carts or at least store to monitor who gets them. Lazy isn't a medical reason.
great idea

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2013
Great idea. Send you idea to senators and state reps.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#4 Dec 23, 2013
you should have complained to the store manager.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#6 Dec 23, 2013
no parenting is the problem here. what happened to the days when you would get up and give a lady your seat or someone else in need? the mother should have gave the kid a smack and yanked the kid out of the wheel chair. were they shopping for banana's by chance?
Just about stuff

Ashburn, VA

#7 Dec 23, 2013
Thanks. That's the way we were raised too. That's what's wrong with our society today. It's like on the metro, which we seldom ride. These kids dare offer their seat to older adults. My husband could get an electric chair but needs ramp thing to haul it.More trouble than its worth. He will be doing better in a few months hopefully and won't need one.

Merry Christmas
hardhead

Florissant, MO

#8 Dec 24, 2013
i've seen alot of people abusing the handicap parking spots in florissant too!
no enforcement

AOL

#9 Dec 24, 2013
hardhead wrote:
i've seen alot of people abusing the handicap parking spots in florissant too!
So what, it's cold outside, and those spaces are amost always empty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disgusting POTUS. (Dec '15) 48 min Marcus Welby 158
News Sick of college protesters 2 hr ThomasA 11
Burning the American Flag 13 hr WhiteSatan 40
what happened on Parker Rd 15 hr Fleuri 3
News Ken Poteet Leads Sterling Bank Event In Raising... (Jan '13) 22 hr King Of Eastwood 12
sharon krabbenhoft Sat MIKE MARTIN 1
Quote Of The Week (Mar '15) Sat Marcus Welby 250

Overland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Overland Mortgages