Large red sticker on a front door.....

Posted in the Overland Forum

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jun 25, 2013
Wondering

United States

#1 Jun 21, 2013
So a house down the street from where I live has a huge red sticker on their front door. Looks like it is some kind of notice.

Anybody know what it might mean?
Maybe the

Florissant, MO

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
So a house down the street from where I live has a huge red sticker on their front door. Looks like it is some kind of notice.
guy who posted the thing about the FPD knows. I heard that several houses in Flo were 'visited by the cops this week and all of them have red stickers on the front door. Maybe it's a health violation or something but I think those are yellow or green usually. Where they say not for occupancy. The color red in any situation usually means it's something serious.

I think I'll try a search on Flo's site.
JJD

Florissant, MO

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I was just talking to my friend out in O'Fallon and he said out there is means the building/house has been judged unsafe and the sticker means condemned.

That doesn't sound right, but I do know the house I mentioned has been cited a lot of times for health code violations, like piles of trash, etc.

I thought that was the health department's territory. I can see having one patrol officer there when they cite it but five? That seems really excessive unless they had a warrant and expected trouble. Who knows with the house I am talking about, it has always been weirdsville.
Wondering

United States

#4 Jun 21, 2013
I drive by that house a lot on my way back and forth to work. Seems like that place had a ton of people going in and out all the time, because even though there were always a lot of cars in front, they were never the same cars and they didn't stay long.

I think there was a young lady that lived there, probably in her teens, that had a baby. I would drive by and see her out in front with that baby in a stroller while she sat out there and smoked. Well, I haven't seen that baby in ages.

Regardless what happened, I do hope everyone in that house is ok.
I live on Waterford

Florissant, MO

#5 Jun 21, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I drive by that house a lot on my way back and forth to work. Seems like that place had a ton of people going in and out all the time, because even though there were always a lot of cars in front, they were never the same cars and they didn't stay long.
I think there was a young lady that lived there, probably in her teens, that had a baby. I would drive by and see her out in front with that baby in a stroller while she sat out there and smoked. Well, I haven't seen that baby in ages.
Regardless what happened, I do hope everyone in that house is ok.
have for years and that house has always been trouble. Fights, people getting arrested for stolen goods, marijuana selling, switching license plates on cars, health violations. I guess whatever happened was the proverbial last straw because the owner was taken away in handcuffs. A police officer stayed until the girls and the guys (don't know how many) got some of their stuff and left.

One of the guys parked his car a little ways down from our house and slept in it last night. I know they've had plenty of chances to get their act together, but I still don't like to see folks have troubles like that. Especially when there are little ones.
Gen X

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jun 21, 2013
That's my cousins house. Our family will be over Sunday to clean the place up. Keep my cousin in your prayers. Thanks.
I live a few streets over

Florissant, MO

#7 Jun 24, 2013
Gen X wrote:
That's my cousins house. Our family will be over Sunday to clean the place up. Keep my cousin in your prayers. Thanks.
and I have no idea what the problem is/was but I am like that other poster and really hate seeing anyone have troubles. Times are hard now and most of us are struggling to keep things going. I know my house needs work but the money just isn't there what with medical bills and a cutback in hours.

I just wish some people would be a little more understanding and not so critical. Sometimes the story is not what it seems and no one is immune to bad things happening to them or their family.

Being hateful and gossiping is a waste of time. Whatever happened there it can probably be fixed, unlike having someone in your family who is terminally ill. People need to get their priorities in order and stop letting the almighty dollar determine how they react to something.
whatwasup

Florissant, MO

#8 Jun 24, 2013
While the people who lived in that house may have had problems, they kept to themselves and were pretty nice people. I was driving down their street when I realized I had a flat tire and pulled over in front of their house. They were outside and had me pull in the driveway they all came over and pulled my tire off found a nail and plugged it and put me back on the road in 10 min. Just real nice folks. I hope they can get whatever they need done soon so they can go home.
fyi

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 24, 2013
the red stickers state the no one should be living there without an oppupincy permit and inspection.
I agree

Florissant, MO

#11 Jun 24, 2013
whatwasup wrote:
While the people who lived in that house may have had problems, they kept to themselves and were pretty nice people. I was driving down their street when I realized I had a flat tire and pulled over in front of their house. They were outside and had me pull in the driveway they all came over and pulled my tire off found a nail and plugged it and put me back on the road in 10 min. Just real nice folks. I hope they can get whatever they need done soon so they can go home.
I live on Hadwin and when my husband became ill with Alzheimer's they were ready to help look for him when he wandered off. Once he drove his car and abandoned it out by Jamestown Mall and one of the people who live there was kind enough to tell us where it was.

Maybe they made a few bad choices or whatever just like everyone (including myself) does but that does not give anyone the right to start yapping about things they have no proof of. And I agree with the poster who said lots of us would like to do more with our property but don't have the financial ability. I hope it turns out well for them.
No one should

Florissant, MO

#12 Jun 24, 2013
JJD wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just talking to my friend out in O'Fallon and he said out there is means the building/house has been judged unsafe and the sticker means condemned.
That doesn't sound right, but I do know the house I mentioned has been cited a lot of times for health code violations, like piles of trash, etc.
I thought that was the health department's territory. I can see having one patrol officer there when they cite it but five? That seems really excessive unless they had a warrant and expected trouble. Who knows with the house I am talking about, it has always been weirdsville.
"throw stones" unless their own hands are clea. What's the point? So the person can feel like they're better than someone else? Being kind is so much easier than being hateful.

Who knows what sort of troubles other people have to deal with? Better IMO to try and help in such situations instead of acting like a horse's behind.
fyi

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jun 24, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
And without occupancy permits...you can't get trash service. The trash piles up. It's a dumb policy and a double edged sword. You gotta get the trash out to make it liveable. I had this problem when I was rehabbing my old Florissant house on Allen Drive. I needed the trash to go out for all the construction waste. Luckily I had a pickup truck...others do not.
i dont see a double edged sword at all. you dont want someone living next door to you in an unsafe house do you? i know i dont. and if your rehabing a house you get a dumpster droped off. your not supposed to put constuction waste in residential trash servise.
I do not see how it

Florissant, MO

#14 Jun 24, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>i dont see a double edged sword at all. you dont want someone living next door to you in an unsafe house do you? i know i dont. and if your rehabing a house you get a dumpster droped off. your not supposed to put constuction waste in residential trash servise.
could be an unsafe house. There's no broken windows or doors, there's no roof falling in or gutters hanging. They do have quite a bit of stuff in the garage, but I know lots of people who can't put their cars in the garage because of it being full of stuff they haven't gotten rid of.
I think the city has a grudge against them, I really do. I don't know them at all, but I've seen them ticketed by the police for something when other people in the area have done the same. For example having a vehicle with expired plates. There's at least four other cars in driveways in about an eight block area from that house that have the same thing. And one with a huge RV parked by the house sitting in mud up to the hubcaps.
Anyway, I think some of the posters on here are full of baloney. There was never a police tape around the property and never a ruckus either. If you don't know the truth, don't be making stuff up.
whatwasup

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2013
Gen X wrote:
what's wrong with the house? I woul like to lend a hand if I could
Man

Florissant, MO

#17 Jun 24, 2013
Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want trash in front of my neighbors house...the condition of the inside is the problem of the owner exclusively. And I'll rehab a house anyway way I feel fit. I don't need you to tell me how to do it. Waste is waste...it all goes to the same place. Limiting removal of trash hurts those around that person. So why do that?
Just get a dumpster you tight ass, know it all, bullshitter.
st jean

Florissant, MO

#19 Jun 24, 2013
was it 925 st. jean? saw one on that foor for a month now
red sticker

Florissant, MO

#20 Jun 24, 2013
So instead of all the bullshit speculation, why not answer the question.

Red sticker is "unfit for human occupancy". If you want more detail than that call city hall.
Totally agree

Florissant, MO

#21 Jun 25, 2013
red sticker wrote:
So instead of all the bullshit speculation, why not answer the question.
Red sticker is "unfit for human occupancy". If you want more detail than that call city hall.
All the posters yakking about a crime scene or whatever should be ashamed of themselves. What has had happened to caring about your neighbors or just caring about people in general? Does it make some people feel better to put down anyone even strangers? For those who do, you must have a very sad life.

There are numerous reasons for having such a sticker on your home. They could have had a small fire or storm damage or maybe a water pipe broke and flooded the basement or most anything.

Even so, why is it anyone's business if it doesn't affect them. I bet a lot of the negative posters have quite a few skeletons in their own closets.
You are a really

Florissant, MO

#22 Jun 25, 2013
whatwasup wrote:
<quoted text>
what's wrong with the house? I woul like to lend a hand if I could
kind person and I wish everyone thought the way you do.

I live on the street and the people who live in that house have extended family and friends so the do have help. I don't know what the problem is, but I do know that not one of us is immune to troubles.

I wish the negative people would just stop and think how they would feel if someone made the kind of remarks some of them have made if it were members of their own family or themselves.

As I said in another post, they were very kind to my husband when it got ill even though he and they had, had a few disagreements over the years. So, I really hope it all works out well for them. Just because someone made mistakes in the past does not mean they are not decent people. Some of the things said are true but they happened probably twenty years ago when a couple of the sons were young and got into trouble with the police. To me that is not a big deal! Lots of us mess up when we are in our teens and twenties, some even longer. What's important is that we learn from our mistakes and give others the same opportunity to change for the better instead of "trashing" folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Channon Christian, Christopher Newsome MURDERED... 5 min No Justice 3
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 7 min xxxrayted 1,399
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 15 min I can read 1,851
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 16 min Responsibility 250
Press freedom under fire in Ferguson - ColumnPr... 28 min bottlecap 1
18-year-old shot dead by Missouri cop: witnesses 46 min smarty pants 866
Powerful Photos Blast The Media's Portrayal Of ... 57 min neveratfault 231
•••
•••
•••