Florissant City Council Could Vote on Lowering Nature Lodge Rate

Feb 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Monday night, the Florissant City Council will have its second reading and possible final vote on whether to reduce the residential rental fees of the Behlmann-Zykan Nature Lodge.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
use as learning center

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

set up some outdoor learning center there.
teach some history classes or host a story teller time. Great place to talk about Lewis and Clark and the Corp of Discovery, they passed this point over 200 years ago.
I am sure the Seniors could put this place to good use.
Invite the Conservation Dept to host a few things or the Audobon Society.
Possibilities endless.
John Engelmeyer

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

use as learning center wrote:
set up some outdoor learning center there.
teach some history classes or host a story teller time. Great place to talk about Lewis and Clark and the Corp of Discovery, they passed this point over 200 years ago.
I am sure the Seniors could put this place to good use.
Invite the Conservation Dept to host a few things or the Audobon Society.
Possibilities endless.
Elmhurst: Thank you for your comments. I will attempt to call Peggy (?) at the senior office and if I may use your idea as a suggestion for the use of the building. I know the group of citizens who devoted, time, MONEY and effort to make this "lodge" happen. John
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

what's it cost to rent this place out now. did the city of florissant pay for this? i thought this was funded by a small group of citizens. why not rent it out for party's and make some use out of it?
Volunteer

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

You may call the Parks and Recreation department at the Eagan center for pricing. This facility has been rented out previously for, wedding showers, football game watching parties, corporate meetings, and school district meetings. So it is being used just not as much as it could be. This facility was established by a private nonprofit organization called the (Florissant Parks Foundation), in collaboration with the city under Mayor Lowery.
I have used the lodge

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

hardhead wrote:
what's it cost to rent this place out now. did the city of florissant pay for this? i thought this was funded by a small group of citizens. why not rent it out for party's and make some use out of it?
for a company get together and it was very enjoyable. Plan on doing the same for this years event. It is convenient, clean, comfortable and scenic and a great place to have a large or small gathering. Even considering having a family reunion there whenever we can all decide on a date.
eddie

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Do they take food stamps?
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

i forgot it was even there. it would be good for b. party's. is there bar-b-que pits there or is it carry in only? no idea what it costs?
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

How about the occasional sunset party with some wine and cheese and a little music. Maybe some tikki torches and friendly discussion. Charge a reasonable fee--$25?

Hardhead, I vote we put you in charge of the first one.

Or do some coffee klatches.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

TTU wrote:
How about the occasional sunset party with some wine and cheese and a little music. Maybe some tikki torches and friendly discussion. Charge a reasonable fee--$25?
Hardhead, I vote we put you in charge of the first one.
Or do some coffee klatches.
you know this does sound like a good idea, but it should be free,it's in a city owned park. this is a very nice spot at sunset. we used to play up there when we were kids. can you have wine and beer in the park? yes, and maybe a little one man band kinda thing. this could really work ,what a good idea.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

if you charge you will most likely keep the older people away and that's not good.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

red wine please!
no free lunch

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

hardhead wrote:
<quoted text>you know this does sound like a good idea, but it should be free,it's in a city owned park. this is a very nice spot at sunset. we used to play up there when we were kids. can you have wine and beer in the park? yes, and maybe a little one man band kinda thing. this could really work ,what a good idea.
I didn't think you were on the "entitlement" bus.

Nothing is free. Free things are always on the backs of someone else.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

our tax dollars pay for the parks and being a resident you should be able to use the parks. you already paid for it. normally when someone says something free there's a catch, but our tax dollars pay for our parks,so it's not free. but i would fly a rebel flag at the event.
The area itself is

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

hardhead wrote:
our tax dollars pay for the parks and being a resident you should be able to use the parks. you already paid for it. normally when someone says something free there's a catch, but our tax dollars pay for our parks,so it's not free. but i would fly a rebel flag at the event.
free. You can go there and picnic outside, bike, hike, do all kinds of things. If you want to use the lodge facilities for a party or meeting you have to pay a fee. That is nothing unusual the same applies at all the county park rec halls or whatever you want to call them. You can't expect taxes alone to pay for the upkeep of the grounds, utilities, and so forth that's not possible.

The fees are reasonable and you have your choice of areas like the Fireplace room is only $75 for four hours. Our company chose the top floor which has a big deck seating for 60-70 and a fantastic view for $350 for 5 hours. So it's not like it cost a fortune. Try getting that size a place, that kind of scenery, that relaxing an atmosphere cheaper than that. Unless of course you are lucky enough to have a place on the Bluffs or something.
TTU

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

hardhead wrote:
if you charge you will most likely keep the older people away and that's not good.
Okay, make it free and BYOB/W with pot luck for food. The oldster can just bring their meals on wheels and take the FLERT bus--won't cost them as cent and they'll still have money for the slots.

And its in walking distance to my FLOMO crib so I don't get a DWI going home. It'll be great!

How about calling it the FLOMO First Annual Robert Lowery Nature Lodge DrunkFest

You're in charge.

TTU

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Reverend Vegas wrote:
<quoted text>
That's FloMo stylee. Car port, keg and lawn chair high.
Don't forget the washers game.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

whiskey for everyone!
Get a life

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

hardhead wrote:
The park is free as someone said. There are many things to do that do not cost anything. If you want one of the rooms for a banquet, reunion, meetings whatever you pay a fee. Every single rec/community center charges for the use of rooms by private parties, and for pavillions in the parks. Anyone who is dumb enough to think they pay enough taxes to cover a city's amenities... swimming pools, rec center gym equipment,meeting rooms, kitchens, utilities, employees, maintenance of grounds and buildings and a multitude of other things needs to go live in a cave. What kind of idiots would thing these things should be free for their own personal, family or business usage? That's a rhetorical question, the answer is some of the clueless people on here.

Obviously you are one of those people that you criticize for wanting free rides. As for your rebel flag comment, that certainly isn't surprising considering the source. Not only are you a racist and a bigot you are also a miser.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

chill out, really rattled you cage didn't i. what we started off talking about is a city event, not a private party. you are the clueless one go back and read the posts from the start. no one every mention free for private use. what kind of moron would start bitchin about something that never took place? and yes it's a free country and i would still fly a rebel flag.
Hmmm

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

hardhead wrote:
chill out, really rattled you cage didn't i. what we started off talking about is a city event, not a private party. you are the clueless one go back and read the posts from the start. no one every mention free for private use. what kind of moron would start bitchin about something that never took place? and yes it's a free country and i would still fly a rebel flag.
Actually people were talking about parties and such in the begining. As far as events they have to be sponsored by the City. You can't just get a bunch of people together to use the lodge. But, you can use the grounds without paying, except I think they charge a fee to use a pavillion if you aren't a resident or don't have a resident card.

Personally I would never fly a flag from a losing side. But that's just me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Fire Warning for St Louis County was issued at April 16 at 4:14AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Overland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Overland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE