Snow Causes Major Delays for Florissant Commuters

Feb 22, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 9

What once took 20 minutes took almost two hours. That's the situation some Florissant-area residents found themselves in driving home during Thursday's snow storm.

Full Story
Thank You

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2013
My compliments and a big Thank You to the workers in the City of Florissant for getting our streets back to normal in less than 24 hours. Thanks for working all night and making sure the rest of us could move around. Thank You.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Feb 25, 2013
i must agree the street dept. did a good job. now who's gonna fix all the yards they tore up with the plows?
Spell Check

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Feb 27, 2013
hardhead wrote:
i must agree the street dept. did a good job. now who's gonna fix all the yards they tore up with the plows?
My rental home had the yard torn up and I was told all of the damage was caused by 2 new black drivers.
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Feb 28, 2013
it's hard to drive with monkey paws and holding a 40oz between yourlegs.
getoffyourazz

Florissant, MO

#6 Feb 28, 2013
how much do you wanna bet all this whining about the city tearing up yards is the usual bs. So your lazy azz won't take the time to get your yard right and now want the city to do it for you.
And if they didn't plow you'd be screaming about not getting service for your tax dollars and yo car be stuck. All you whiners think you can have your cake and have somebody feed it to your lazy azzes too.
And just how exactly did your prop. get damaged by a <"blackguy"...you racist> pushing snow? What it ended up in your yard? news flash, thats how you push snow, off to the sides & out of the way...you know, off the STREET! what do you suggest they do, load it in a dump truck and haul it away? Yeah we'll get about two streets cleared a day genius.
It's called a shovel and a hard rake, handyman will be glad to help you pick the right one out and will even advise you on how to fix YOUR problem. Figuring out how to use them shouldn't be to hard, hint....steel side goes in the dirt, wooden part in your lazy hands. We'll discuss how to sharpen a shovel next time
Shovelhead

Florissant, MO

#7 Feb 28, 2013
Whats a quick way to find out who your friends are?
_
_
_
_
_
_
__
_
_
_
_
_
_
_

Hand them a shovel ;-)
getoffyourazz

Florissant, MO

#8 Feb 28, 2013
oh, forgot to say....

Thank you to all our city workers & everyone who removes snow for: being up all hours of the day and night, away from your families, in the cold, abusing your bodies and risking your safety to do the great job you do so the rest of us can drive on safe streets to go do ours.
yourrobeisdingy

Florissant, MO

#9 Feb 28, 2013
hardhead wrote:
it's hard to drive with monkey paws and holding a 40oz between yourlegs.
So they're lazy n*****s when they don't have a job, and still the same when they do? Yep, you might just be a racist.
Irony prevails though, as FPW employees those "monkey paws" likely earn them more than you. lol
hardhead

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Mar 1, 2013
i don't care who's driving the plows. they did some real damage to some people yards. it looks like a bulldozer went though some of the yards. i thank the drivers for doing a pretty good job,i but have never seen what they did to some of these yards before. don't know if they had new people driving the plows this year or not. i'll tell you this i would be mad if they tore up my yard like that. some of the yards i've seen are gonna take some real work to fix and some older people may not be able to do it themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Driving While Black - And Poor 43 min ailegalcounsel 45
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 56 min ailegalcounsel 1,518
8 shoes of Holocaust victims stolen in Poland 1 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 9
For those blacks that can read, read this: 1 hr Maple Resident 1
Be not deceived. 2 hr Gabriel 1
Threat Fulfilled?: Farrakhan Said 'We'll Tear T... 2 hr dirtclod 4
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 3 hr The Failed President 318
Overland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Overland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Overland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Overland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:10PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
Yahoo! Sports 9:51 PM
Seahawks crush Cardinals to take control of NFC West