United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Judged:

Word has it that Dr. Lucas's office (2175 Charbonier) was raided yesterday by a bunch of federal agents. What's going on??
Pale Dago

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

Couldn't find anything in any local media regarding this inquiry.
JWM

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

Judged:

My wife had an appointment scheduled with Dr. Lucas for this past Friday. On Thursday, she received a phone call that her appointment was cancelled and she should call the office this week to reschedule.
Joe

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

Judged:

Yup, that there shopping plaza is bad mojo. First Copperuz now the doctors office. Tax evasion. Next stop is the shop n save
Mary

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

I know someone who works there and it's not tax evasion at all. There's an investigation going on in regards to Medicare fraud. I don't think he's been officially charged with anything at this point.
Randy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Judged:

I am a patient and happen to know that there was no raid. There was an insurance company doing audit on Medicare. An unhappy employee turned in a bogus fraid case. They found nothing. This is all gosip, find something else more valid to talk about!!!
Trisha

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Randy wrote:
I am a patient and happen to know that there was no raid. There was an insurance company doing audit on Medicare. An unhappy employee turned in a bogus fraid case. They found nothing. This is all gosip, find something else more valid to talk about!!!
What an idiot! Insurance companies don't run audits on Medicare. Medicare is a government run program, therefore the government investigates all claims regarding medicare fraud. To answer the initial question, he is being investigated by the "GOVERNMENT" due to valid complaints from several patients.
Just 4 U

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot! Insurance companies don't run audits on Medicare. Medicare is a government run program, therefore the government investigates all claims regarding medicare fraud. To answer the initial question, he is being investigated by the "GOVERNMENT" due to valid complaints from several patients.
Medicare does run audits and so does other Insurance company's.I have worked in the medical field for over 20+ yrs .This is done yearly and sometimes fraud is done unknowing because of the way its documented or coded. Some may do it on purpose,I dont know. Many doctors are getting in trouble for this and are very good doctors.Office coders are used to monitor this but some hire coders that have no experience or dont go to yearly updates.They may not have coders in their office at all.Lets not talk trash about a doctor until we know the truth.Not guilty until proven.
I dont know him but have heard of him.
Who Cares

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

Really, Who Cares
T bridges

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr Lucas best dr ever very thorough saved my life this office knows its stuff!'
JMS

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the allegations are real. Where there is smoke, there if fire. Such a shame, I heard he was a good doctor but evidently he enjoyed the "good" life too much and got greedy which led to stupidity.
hardhead

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

was this the son or the old man?
JMS

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

I understand this all started when an employee left or was fired, however with that said, the feds still must have found enough evidence to accuse them of fraud. There is no son or father, this is Lucas not Knapp.
Colombo

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Randy wrote:
Word has it that Dr. Lucas's office (2175 Charbonier) was raided yesterday by a bunch of federal agents. What's going on??
ST. LOUIS A Florissant doctor, his nurse practitioner and his clinic were indicted in federal court here Wednesday and accused of padding their medical bills and claiming to have provided medical services when the doctor was out of the country.

The indictment claims that from June 2008 to June 2011, the Patterson Medical Clinic Inc. billed Medicare, Tricare and private insurers for more X-rays than were actually taken. The clinic had X-ray equipment in-house.

The indictment also claims that from 2008 to 2011, the clinic billed for the services of osteopath Mel E. Lucas' services on 573 occasions when he was actually out of town or in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

Insurers were also billed for Lucas' services examining patients on Fridays, when he did not work, the indictment says. The patients had their vital signs checked by medical assistants, received injections or had their blood drawn, and Lucas reviewed the records when he returned and billed insurers as if he had examined the patients, the indictment says.

Patterson, Lucas and nurse practitioner Robyn Levy also billed insurers for a FDA-approved drug when Lucas had actually bought a non-approved version in Canada for hundreds of dollars less, the indictment says.

Both Lucas, 60, and the Patterson Medical Clinic Inc. were indicted on 15 charges: eight counts of health care fraud and seven counts of making false statements relating to health care matters.

Levy, 57, faces two fraud counts and three counts of making false statements.

The clinic office manager responded to a reporter's call Thursday morning with a statement that read: "The Patterson Medical Clinic, Mel Lucas, D.O. and its employees are proud of their history of providing quality medical care. We have cooperated with the federal authorities in their investigation and are reviewing the charges returned by the grand jury. We believe that we have always acted in good faith and that we have complied with all legal requirements. These charges will not interrupt the quality care we provide and we look forward to continuing to serve you.
Colombo

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Don't mess with the Feds ! Billing Medicare and Medicaid for Services you didn't do is a big Nono. Is this why were Broke !!!
Ps, how was Mexico ? I am sure it wasn't worth it Mel. Enjoy the private room the goverment will give you. It's free too.
Rice

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

I'm sad he will no longer be my doctor I went threw over five doctors and he was the best. I went to him the same day he was suppose to turn hisself in and he was pretty frustrated and angry. I wish the best for him despite of that situation
Lisa

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Does anyone know if the office is still seeing pts??
Rice

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Lisa yes the office is still opened there are new doctors on duty now
bballsulli

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Randy wrote:
Not true! He and a PA were indicted for Medicare fraud in many more cases than just one unhappy employee. I do not know when the trial is but there was an article in Post-Dispatch a couple of months ago regarding the indictment. It is not gossip it is true about an indictment but there still needs to be a court case.
Colombo

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Does anyone know when the trial will be ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Overland Discussions

Search the Overland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 5 min RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 94,980
hazelwood fireworks 43 min broke 15
slurry seal and rocks 5 hr flodaddy 47
One night stand 15 hr Just wondering 4
Message to the Mayor and the Council (Jul '11) 17 hr Mark B 128
website Tue Rev 4
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Mon CLUE 6,893
•••

Flood Warning for St Louis County was issued at July 09 at 9:50PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••