City faces prospect of 2 audits

City faces prospect of 2 audits

There are 4 comments on the overland-stannjournal.stltoday.com story from Jun 16, 2007, titled City faces prospect of 2 audits. In it, overland-stannjournal.stltoday.com reports that:

Overland residents might be facing an extra expense to find out how efficiently their tax dollars are being spent. via Overland-St. Ann Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at overland-stannjournal.stltoday.com.

Cardsfan

Fenton, MO

#1 Jun 19, 2007
Has anyone even SEEN this so-called petition? Out of everyone I have spoken to,(in various wards)no one has. I am wondering is this just another fake?

Since: Feb 07

Overland, Missouri

#2 Jun 26, 2007
Former Councilperson Knode had a write up about this on his website and suggested people email him for more information about the petition and a group called "Citizens of Overland for a State Audit". Perhaps others had better luck, but I emailed him twice asking for more information and never received a reply.

There is also an ad in the July Localite to call about more information on this group. The number given is former Councilperson Knode's home. I may try to call that number seeking more information though I am not sure I'll bother considering Mr. Knode's poor track record with getting back to me on anything (even when he was my ward's Councilperson).

Finally, at Monday night's City Council meeting Mr. Knode was there wearing a tee-shirt that had "Citizen's of Overland for a State Audit" and "Show me the Money" printed on it.

I can't say if it is a fake or not. I can sa that I have not at this time However as of this writing there was no organization registered with the Missouri Secretary of State with that name. Whether this group / effort is fact or fiction there does seem to be one known local personality who is clearly supporting and promoting it.
Cardsfan

Fenton, MO

#3 Jun 27, 2007
Former Councilman Knode doesn't like to return your emails/calls because YOU like to find out the truth.
If you have a LEGIT reason for such a thing you would think that you would want someone like yourself, Overland Sailor, who is involved with reporting local news, to know the details.
Instead, it's "Call me, so we can play a little game called,'let's see if I can trick you into believing me'"
Getting old, really old.

Since: Feb 07

Overland, Missouri

#4 Jul 10, 2007
Well, I've still never heard from him on this. However, I gave up on it awhile ago. They were on my block the other day seeking signatures. Interestingly, they didn't come to my door.

It Mr. Knode's defense I have seen him at several meetings and could have asked him about it there. However, I'd given up on trying to get information on this issue so I never asked him about it.

I did see him discussing the issue with the new Post-Dispatch reporter so perhaps we will see some details in the Post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
China: Not Playing by the Rules 37 min Marcus Welby 3
News Father of Michael Brown Jr. speaks to MTSU stud... 2 hr F uuuuuu 8
Darkies go away 2 hr F uuuuuu 1
Burning the American Flag 3 hr WhiteSatan 45
monkeyism 5 hr red dawn 2
what happened on Parker Rd 8 hr Nashayna 5
Disgusting POTUS. (Dec '15) 23 hr Marcus Welby 158

Overland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance