Woman's arrest no surprise to some --...

Woman's arrest no surprise to some -- Crime, Law and Justice

There are 42 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Woman's arrest no surprise to some -- Crime, Law and Justice. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Former Springfield Township Police Chief Robert Bell was hardly shocked by Mary Jane Fonder's arrest Tuesday in the January murder of Rhonda Smith at a Bucks County church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“You call THIS civilization??”

Since: Mar 07

Orefield, PA

#1 Apr 3, 2008
Wouldn't you love to know what's buried in that little "sacred" patch of trees she protects? What a nut job.
here we go again

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2008
why didnt the tree trimmers bring up the "sacred patch" until now. Especially since her father was missing?
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Apr 3, 2008
I'm willing to bet that something is (or was) buried in that "sacred patch" which had to do with her fathers' disappearance; maybe even her father is buried there? "here we go again," I'm also wondering why all of these stories are coming to light now about her behavior; did any of these people talk to the police when her father went missing?(of course if that wasn't given much publicity at the time, maybe they didn't know...) Very, very weird. She needs to be kept locked up.
American rights welostm

King Of Prussia, PA

#4 Apr 3, 2008
This shows how mentally ill people walk the USA and the sane can not get them help. My friend has a son that when he does not take his meds he loses it. Per the law nothing can be done with him until he hurts someone. Isn't that too late?

Since: May 07

Allentown, PA

#5 Apr 3, 2008
Patrn44 wrote:
Wouldn't you love to know what's buried in that little "sacred" patch of trees she protects? What a nut job.
My thoughts exactly. Hopefully the police are checking out that "sacred" place.
Puddles

Fairport, NY

#6 Apr 3, 2008
I think almost everyone knows a lady like this (not murderous, just plan crazy). Goes to church all the time to tell herself she's a good christian, but realy is full of anger and jelousy for the rest of the world going by her. Single and old, she has nothing realy to do other than church activites. Suddenly one of her church associates gets a little attention and praise from the community and she can't handle it (Especially if that person is new to the community). I know a few peolpe like this at my church. Now they wouldn't go and kill someone, but I see very simular qualities.
RonMania

Easton, PA

#7 Apr 3, 2008
American rights welostm wrote:
This shows how mentally ill people walk the USA and the sane can not get them help. My friend has a son that when he does not take his meds he loses it. Per the law nothing can be done with him until he hurts someone. Isn't that too late?
The "do-gooders' don't want you to know their dirty little skeletons, so they lobby for stupid "privacy" laws. Then the public gets burned & killed! Change the laws!
ABE-5980

Mount Aetna, PA

#8 Apr 3, 2008
I bet the police will be in the market for an excavator real soon. Wanna bet that when they find the dad's body it has bullets in it that match the gun from the lake?
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#9 Apr 3, 2008
American rights welostm wrote:
I see your point - and if authorities try to step in, they're accused of violating peoples' rights. Never mind the rights of the people that might be hurt as a result, I guess.
tucker

Bangor, PA

#10 Apr 3, 2008
Looks like this woman never got over her menopause. I have a sneaky suspicion that Daddy is buried under a big oak tree. I'm sure that there will be some excavating going on in the "sacred spot".
Steve

Allentown, PA

#11 Apr 3, 2008
Patrick:

Nice article. Informative and well-written.
Mary

Slatington, PA

#13 Apr 3, 2008
tucker wrote:
Looks like this woman never got over her menopause. I have a sneaky suspicion that Daddy is buried under a big oak tree. I'm sure that there will be some excavating going on in the "sacred spot".
Daddy probably verbally, physically or sexually abused her for many years. You don't know and neither do I what made her this way! I am sure it has nothing to do with menopause!
memyselfandi

Allentown, PA

#14 Apr 3, 2008
Wow....the commenters in here are quite the Columbos eh?

Do ya think there is something under those trees? Do you think crazy people do bad stuff? Really? Do ya?

Wow....a real insightful bunch!
Knowledge

Baltimore, MD

#15 Apr 3, 2008
Oh no, not Beulah Balbricker!

Where did she go wrong?

Seriously, this lady was quite delusional for her to take the life of a person and totally ruin her own life.
Butterbean

Newark, DE

#16 Apr 3, 2008
That lady should give her wig to that guy in the suit standing behind her.
Puddles

Fairport, NY

#17 Apr 3, 2008
memyselfandi wrote:
Do ya think there is something under those trees? Do you think crazy people do bad stuff? Really? Do ya?
rather have us not post on this story?
Mary

Slatington, PA

#18 Apr 3, 2008
Butterbean wrote:
That lady should give her wig to that guy in the suit standing behind her.
Why do you care if she wears a wig? Maybe she had to go through chemo, maybe she lost her hair. What is wrong with you? Are you bald and jealous?
MLA

Schnecksville, PA

#19 Apr 3, 2008
memyselfandi wrote:
Booo! Don't read the comments then! Do you have something insightful to add?
memyselfandi

Allentown, PA

#20 Apr 3, 2008
Puddles wrote:
<quoted text>
rather have us not post on this story?
Post with something worth saying. Like "I knew this woman" or "sorry for the victim" or "It's Bush's fault"....

But posting to say:

"Seriously, this lady was quite delusional for her to take the life of a person and totally ruin her own life."

Really?....was she delusional? Cause the way I read the article, she was sane, her plan was logical, and well thought out....

Nevermind.
ImJustSayin

Easton, PA

#21 Apr 3, 2008
I have to say that I think the investigation was conducted professionally and that whether the police caught a break or not they were diligent enough in their efforts to solve the case. Good to see that justice was done. Sad to see that it was a mixed up jealous older woman. At least she'll be away from the community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastor says he asked Fonder to leave church Unn... (Oct '08) Mar '16 anonymous 35
ottsville firehouse stop and shop april 17th 11... Mar '16 mama2nash 1
Upper Black Eddy Music Thread (Jul '14) Mar '16 Musikologist 4
do you need an xmas loan (Oct '13) Oct '15 bernarlyn villamor 2
News Motorcyclist hit by truck in fatal Bucks County... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Agreed 55
News Police officers fall down elevator shaft (Oct '08) Feb '15 Start new 55
Local Politics Do you approve of Diane M. Ellis-Marseglia as C... (May '12) Oct '14 Bucks resident 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ottsville Mortgages