Lightning may have sparked Bucks fire

Lightning may have sparked Bucks fire

There are 3 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Lightning may have sparked Bucks fire. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A million-dollar Bucks County home was destroyed by a fire last night that investigators say may have been caused by a lightning strike.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Amused

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2007
This is quite a tragic loss, but I personally would NOT have a $1.2 million home without any fire hydrants around. I hope they rebound well from this but also learn that owning such an expensive home not near any hydrants is not a wise thing.
Only In PA

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jun 29, 2007
Amused wrote:
This is quite a tragic loss, but I personally would NOT have a $1.2 million home without any fire hydrants around. I hope they rebound well from this but also learn that owning such an expensive home not near any hydrants is not a wise thing.
Hydrants are the responisbility of the fire department - not the home owner. You obviously haven't been in that area of the township either - none of those houses have public water/sewer services. Its a remote location. Also,$1.2 million INCLUDES 23 acres of prime Bucks County property in addition to the home and horse barn.
Prez

United States

#3 Jun 29, 2007
Only In PA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hydrants are the responisbility of the fire department - not the home owner. You obviously haven't been in that area of the township either - none of those houses have public water/sewer services. Its a remote location. Also,$1.2 million INCLUDES 23 acres of prime Bucks County property in addition to the home and horse barn.
Hydrants are not the responsibility of the fire department. It is the townships. If this is a rural area, it may not be feasible to put in hydrants for several reasons. Having hydrants are no guarantee of protection. They can malfunction, have low water pressure plus if the fire had a good enough start, all the water in the world isn't going to save it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ottsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastor says he asked Fonder to leave church Unn... (Oct '08) Jul 16 kathy 37
ottsville firehouse stop and shop april 17th 11... Mar '16 mama2nash 1
Upper Black Eddy Music Thread (Jul '14) Mar '16 Musikologist 4
do you need an xmas loan (Oct '13) Oct '15 bernarlyn villamor 2
News Motorcyclist hit by truck in fatal Bucks County... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Agreed 55
News Police officers fall down elevator shaft (Oct '08) Feb '15 Start new 55
Local Politics Do you approve of Diane M. Ellis-Marseglia as C... (May '12) Oct '14 Bucks resident 2

Ottsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ottsville Mortgages