New York Primary Election Sept 14: Wi...

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Created by Top Mod2 on Sep 13, 2010

3,769 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

liberal

Holyoke, MA

#11130 Sep 26, 2012
He called them scabs because that is what they are. Blood sucking scabs. If you cross a pickit line u should be shot.
Bruser

Bethpage, NY

#11131 Sep 26, 2012
Based on the information published, the Democ-rats should keep their mouth closed on "income Tax".

Harry Reid calmly responds to Romney’s tax release:“He’s hiding something. He’s hiding something!”
posted at 5:44 pm on September 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

Reid’s original claim, of course, wasn’t that Romney was “hiding something” but that a Bain investor had told him Romney hadn’t paid income tax at all for 10 years. We found out a few hours ago that that’s not true if your 10-year window includes 2011, and if you believe PricewaterhouseCoopers, it’s not true for the period from 1990-2009, when he paid an average annual effective rate of 20.2 percent.

Time for an apology, or time to move the goalposts? Longtime Reid-watchers know the answer

WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%
Fire it up

AP File

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and his wife Michelle gave $10,772 of the $1.2 million they earned from 2000 through 2004 to charities, or less than 1 percent, according to tax returns for those years released today by his campaign.

The Obamas increased the amount they gave to charity when their income rose in 2005 and 2006 after the Illinois senator published a bestselling book. The $137,622 they gave over those two years amounted to more than 5 percent of their $2.6 million income.

Romney charitable contributions

Tax year Taxable income Charitable donations Donations as % of income
2010 $21.7 million $2.98 million 13.73%
2011 (est)$20.9 million $4 million 19.14%

Electoral Vote Tracker

Vice presidential candidate Joe Biden, the Democratic senator from Delaware, earned a little over $300,000 last year, tax records show.

Vice presidential candidate Joe Biden, the Democratic senator from Delaware, earned a little over $300,000 last year, tax records show.

BIDEN'S TAX RECORDS
Total income Tax paid Charitable donations
Biden $319,853 $66,273 $995
Source: USA TODAY research

By Matt Kelley, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and his wife gave an average of $369 a year to charity during the past decade, his tax records show.

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama's campaign today released 10 years' worth of tax returns for Biden, a senator from Delaware, and his wife Jill, a community college instructor. The Bidens reported earning $319,853 last year, including $71,000 in royalties for his memoir, Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics.

The Bidens reported giving $995 in charitable donations last year — about 0.3% of their income and the highest amount in the past decade. The low was $120 in 1999, about 0.1% of yearly income.

Over the decade, the Bidens reported a total of $3,690 in charitable donations, or 0.2% of their income.

Nationally, more than two-thirds of U.S. households reported giving to charity in 2004, with average contributions of $2,047 that year, according to a study released in January by the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University. Those households who gave to charity averaged donations of about 3% of their income, says Patrick Rooney, the center's interim executive director
democrat

Massena, NY

#11133 Sep 26, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
don't stick up for unions , unless you own a car built by union workers , and buy everything made by union workers and pay union scale for work done in your house... I see people calling people scabs because they are not in a union , but the same pro union people drive toyotas and hondas , not union built , if you say it live it....
Pal,I live by what I say.I spent my working life in a union.I buy only American cars that are made by a union.Fords and Chevrolets are what I buy.When I buy tools,I look for the union label,if not,I look for made in America,or failing that,made in a country that treats its' workers decent.One example being tv sets.You can no longer buy a tv made in America.So when in the market,I chose a S.Korean made tv over chinese made.For the simple fact that S Korea has decent treatment for their workers.Another example is paint brushes,for a little more,you can buy good quality,American made paint brushes.Channel Lock is another example,they sell a cheap line made in China,but they sell a great line made right here in America.I always buy Union or American,whenever possible.Socks and underwear that are made in America are also available.I back up what I say,with my wallet.
liberal

Holyoke, MA

#11134 Sep 26, 2012
Willard is the head of this cult.
He will make every kid study this crap in school.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11135 Sep 26, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
don't stick up for unions , unless you own a car built by union workers , and buy everything made by union workers and pay union scale for work done in your house... I see people calling people scabs because they are not in a union , but the same pro union people drive toyotas and hondas , not union built , if you say it live it....

You will also get no disagreement from me that people that work union,then drive non union cars,are assholes and traitors to their unions.When I was working for a union,I always told people that bought these cars,that they were not being loyal to union brothers and sisters.If you're looking for an arguement from me in regards to those people,you won't get one.I agree 100% with you.Put your union money,where your union mouth is.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11136 Sep 26, 2012
Nobody,that works in a non union job is a scab.Only people that cross picket lines to take union jobs,are scabs.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11137 Sep 26, 2012
Bruser wrote:
Based on the information published, the Democ-rats should keep their mouth closed on "income Tax".
Harry Reid calmly responds to Romney’s tax release:“He’s hiding something. He’s hiding something!”
posted at 5:44 pm on September 21, 2012 by Allahpundit
Reid’s original claim, of course, wasn’t that Romney was “hiding something” but that a Bain investor had told him Romney hadn’t paid income tax at all for 10 years. We found out a few hours ago that that’s not true if your 10-year window includes 2011, and if you believe PricewaterhouseCoopers, it’s not true for the period from 1990-2009, when he paid an average annual effective rate of 20.2 percent.
Time for an apology, or time to move the goalposts? Longtime Reid-watchers know the answer
WHO'S GREEDY? Obama Gave 1% to Charity, Romney Gave 15%
Fire it up
AP File
Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and his wife Michelle gave $10,772 of the $1.2 million they earned from 2000 through 2004 to charities, or less than 1 percent, according to tax returns for those years released today by his campaign.
The Obamas increased the amount they gave to charity when their income rose in 2005 and 2006 after the Illinois senator published a bestselling book. The $137,622 they gave over those two years amounted to more than 5 percent of their $2.6 million income.
Romney charitable contributions
Tax year Taxable income Charitable donations Donations as % of income
2010 $21.7 million $2.98 million 13.73%
2011 (est)$20.9 million $4 million 19.14%
Electoral Vote Tracker
BIDEN'S TAX RECORDS
Total income Tax paid Charitable donations
Biden $319,853 $66,273 $995
Source: USA TODAY research
By Matt Kelley, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON — Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden and his wife gave an average of $369 a year to charity during the past decade, his tax records show.
Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama's campaign today released 10 years' worth of tax returns for Biden, a senator from Delaware, and his wife Jill, a community college instructor. The Bidens reported earning $319,853 last year, including $71,000 in royalties for his memoir, Promises to Keep: On Life and Politics.
The Bidens reported giving $995 in charitable donations last year — about 0.3% of their income and the highest amount in the past decade. The low was $120 in 1999, about 0.1% of yearly income.
Over the decade, the Bidens reported a total of $3,690 in charitable donations, or 0.2% of their income.
Nationally, more than two-thirds of U.S. households reported giving to charity in 2004, with average contributions of $2,047 that year, according to a study released in January by the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University. Those households who gave to charity averaged donations of about 3% of their income, says Patrick Rooney, the center's interim executive director
If you are going to mention Biden,you should at least mention,that he is one of the few senators to not use his office to turn himself into an extremely rich man.Nor has there ever been the least bit of scandal ever attached to him.He has been squeaky clean,his whole political career,just sayin.
Obams is a FAILURE

Cicero, NY

#11138 Sep 26, 2012
Household Incomes Fall In Aug., Off 8.2% Under Obama
Wed, Sep 26 2012 00:00:00 E A01_A1
By JOHN MERLINE JOHN MERLINE 12655 Beatrice Street

Posted 09/25/2012 03:55 PM ET

In another sign that the economic recovery under President Obama is FAILING gains for average Americans, median household incomes fell 1.1% in August to $50,678, according to a report released Tuesday by Sentier Research.
Obams is a FAILURE

Cicero, NY

#11139 Sep 26, 2012
Obama again is exposed to be a LIAR

Libyan president to NBC: Anti-Islam film had 'nothing to do with' US Consulate attack
Pete

United States

#11140 Sep 26, 2012
democrat wrote:
Nobody,that works in a non union job is a scab.Only people that cross picket lines to take union jobs,are scabs.
I agree , but also if the unions stuck together , the union players would not cross the picket line ....
romney

Holyoke, MA

#11141 Sep 26, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
pete the reat. Only 10% of the work force is union in the usa. So buying union isnt always possible. A scab is someone who crosses a pickit line not the guy that works in a non union shop. The nfl refs are scabs.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11142 Sep 26, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree , but also if the unions stuck together , the union players would not cross the picket line ....
Agree 100%,I was also disgusted when MLB players,who wanted public support for their strikes,never helped out the peanut vendors and others,when they tried to strike for more money.If you can buy union,if you can't,buy American,if neither of these is possible,at least try to buy a product made in a country that treats its' workers decently.Enough of this race to the bottom,workers in America and world wide,are being forced to participate in.
Pol Pot Obama

Hope, AR

#11143 Sep 26, 2012
democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
You also forgot an important part of the equation.You forgot to figure in the cost of the tax cuts.
The more people working, the more people paying taxes, the more people spending money, the more tax revenue.

You liberals with your worthless,easyass liberal Arts degrees are just flat out stupid.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11144 Sep 26, 2012
Pol Pot Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
The more people working, the more people paying taxes, the more people spending money, the more tax revenue.
You liberals with your worthless,easyass liberal Arts degrees are just flat out stupid.
Again,why did we have the great bush 2 recession if tax cuts work?He lowered taxes,had his SEC commissiner,relax the rules on wall street,and rules and regs on everything else.Now what makes you think,rmoneys plan to lower taxes on the uber rich and make everybody else pay more, would work any better.David Stockman,said trickle down doesn't work.The money in the hands of the average joe,does just as much in the hands of working people as it does in the hands of the rich,probably more.People spending money creates jobs.This job creator is just a myth,perpetuated by those who want to get out of paying their fair share of taxes.You are one dumb son of a bitch,who has been totally brainwashed.You saw how it worked under Bush 2,and still think it will work,now that's just plain dumb.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11145 Sep 26, 2012
One more thing,there is nothing wrong with a liberal arts degree.An appreciation for and knowledge of the arts is a good thing.As someone once said,man does not live by bread alone.Arists,writers,sculptors ,etc,etc,are just as important to modern civilization as any engineer is.The soul needs nourishment just as much as the body does.Haven't you ever read a great book,or looked on a fine painting,and just appreciated it,for what it was.
JoeSchmoe

Albany, NY

#11146 Sep 26, 2012
democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to mention Biden,you should at least mention,that he is one of the few senators to not use his office to turn himself into an extremely rich man.Nor has there ever been the least bit of scandal ever attached to him.He has been squeaky clean,his whole political career,just sayin.
I'm sorry what palnet do you come from. He was extremely rich but here is what he did to lose it all..
Joe Biden’s Net Worth
•Employment: U.S. Senator from 1973-2008, Vice President 2009-present
•Average Annual Salary throughout Senate and VP Political Career:$109,988
•Average Annual Salary over last 10 years:$172,770
•Total Salary Earned since 1973:$4,179,550
•Salary Earned in 2010:$230,700
•Net Worth as of 2010: approximately $262,500 (somewhere between -$209,000 and +$734,000)
I thought it had to be a mistake. There’s no way someone with his income history has so little money saved. I went straight to the White House website and looked at his financial disclosure report and by golly this guy is a personal finance idiot.

Joe Biden has been banking an upper-middle class salary for almost 40 years and he has well under a million dollars to show for it. The fact that this guy’s opinion might even be considered on any fiscal matter concerning the United States of America is absolutely terrifying

Did you see democract.. Financial Idiot, it's not that he didn't make bank, it's just he is an idiot when it comes to saving and investing it, so YES he did use his office to make money
http://www.thousandaire.com/joe-bidens-net-wo...
democrat

Massena, NY

#11147 Sep 26, 2012
JoeSchmoe wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry what palnet do you come from. He was extremely rich but here is what he did to lose it all..
Joe Biden’s Net Worth
•Employment: U.S. Senator from 1973-2008, Vice President 2009-present
•Average Annual Salary throughout Senate and VP Political Career:$109,988
•Average Annual Salary over last 10 years:$172,770
•Total Salary Earned since 1973:$4,179,550
•Salary Earned in 2010:$230,700
•Net Worth as of 2010: approximately $262,500 (somewhere between -$209,000 and +$734,000)
I thought it had to be a mistake. There’s no way someone with his income history has so little money saved. I went straight to the White House website and looked at his financial disclosure report and by golly this guy is a personal finance idiot.
Joe Biden has been banking an upper-middle class salary for almost 40 years and he has well under a million dollars to show for it. The fact that this guy’s opinion might even be considered on any fiscal matter concerning the United States of America is absolutely terrifying
Did you see democract.. Financial Idiot, it's not that he didn't make bank, it's just he is an idiot when it comes to saving and investing it, so YES he did use his office to make money
http://www.thousandaire.com/joe-bidens-net-wo...
You moron,he paid taxes on his salary,paid to raise a family and send kids to college,and lived in an area with a high cost of living.Like I said,he didn't use his position to trade on insider info or anything like that to make himself a multimillionaire,like a lot of senators and representatives do.I'd hate to dislike someone so much,that I'd criticize him for being honest,like you just did to Biden.All we ever hear is how corrupt politicos are,and how they use their office to enrich themselves.Then along comes a man like Biden,who certainly has his faults,that doesn't use his power and influence to enrich himself,and you still criticize him.You are just plain hateful and pathetic.
Obama is a LIAR

Cicero, NY

#11148 Sep 26, 2012
Confirmed today, Obama LIED about the attacks on the embassy in Lybia.
democrat

Massena, NY

#11149 Sep 26, 2012
Obama is a LIAR wrote:
Confirmed today, Obama LIED about the attacks on the embassy in Lybia.
Confirmed today,this clowns posts are nothing but partisan lies and hackery.
Ben Gleck

United States

#11150 Sep 26, 2012
Romney Ryan 2012 the team FOR America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oswego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does Lansing Have a Voice in the Natural Gas Cr... Feb '17 walkerny 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
News 5 of the Spookiest and Most Haunted Places in N... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Albanyrickster 1
novelis oswego employees (Feb '14) Oct '16 7habits seek2unde... 12
West Genesee High School Football (Oct '16) Oct '16 Camills NY 2
buyer beware APD auto (Aug '16) Sep '16 Zero Sauce 3
oswego is a shit hole. (Apr '13) Aug '16 oneida 3

Oswego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oswego Mortgages