Taco Bell and county standards.

Taco Bell and county standards.

Posted in the Oswego Forum

Kyle Caster

Fulton, NY

#1 Nov 2, 2012
It is rumored around that the Taco Bell we all enjoyed in Oswego years ago was forcibly closed down due to an increase in the county's meat standards. Taco Bell meat is known for its lack of... well, beef. It is widely believed that the county's legal standards are to blame for its absence of Taco Bell.

I have been entirely unable to verify this with any documentation, or anything beyond speculation. Does anybody know the facts on this?
JKKKKK

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2012
I really doubt it. Reason being that school lunches are held to less strict rating than fast food restaurants.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/education...

If Taco Bell were sued they could be hit with a class action lawsuit. School lunches, not so much.
bill

Speculator, NY

#3 May 15, 2014
i dont know for sure but i herd it was cuz the owner wuz buying supplies outside of the mother franchise
Robert Fudge

Oswego, NY

#4 Jul 6, 2014
WE DEMAND ANSWERS AS TO WHY OSWEGO COUNTY LACKS NO TACO BELL. GET OUT AND VOTE PEOPLE
arodbomb7

Mountain View, CA

#5 Sep 1, 2014
I feel Oswego county and their "great meat" is just sticking their nose up to taco bell, when its the peoples decision weather or not they go to taco bell or not. So I see no problem with allowing at least 1 taco bell in the Oswego county region.
unknown122

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jan 31, 2015
It has been confirmed that taco bell will be returning to oswego in the spring.
Lost in line

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 15, 2015
Why does this Taco Bell take FOREVER!!!!
CrazyWVaGal

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2015
b/c they're closed.
frank

Oswego, NY

#9 Mar 4, 2015
Kyle Caster wrote:
It is rumored around that the Taco Bell we all enjoyed in Oswego years ago was forcibly closed down due to an increase in the county's meat standards. Taco Bell meat is known for its lack of... well, beef. It is widely believed that the county's legal standards are to blame for its absence of Taco Bell.
I have been entirely unable to verify this with any documentation, or anything beyond speculation. Does anybody know the facts on this?
Hi, my name is Frank and I managed the Taco Bell in Oswego and Fulton. Your rumors are not true. We closed both shops due to financial reasons.
Amentet

Oswego, NY

#10 Jul 14, 2015
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, my name is Frank and I managed the Taco Bell in Oswego and Fulton. Your rumors are not true. We closed both shops due to financial reasons.
Then we need to do something to get one back out here..so many people want it
wish this was true

Oswego, NY

#11 Jul 14, 2015
unknown122 wrote:
It has been confirmed that taco bell will be returning to oswego in the spring.
Yea, Oswego IL.
Amentet

Oswego, NY

#12 Jul 14, 2015
Bring taco bell back to oswego please..so many people want it..the business would be great for jobs and also everyone would be going there
Taco

Utica, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2015
wish this was true wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, Oswego IL.
Nope, it's our oswego. I spoke to a manager a few months ago. They are going to start construction in the spring, near friendlys.

They are removing three old houses to do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oswego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does Lansing Have a Voice in the Natural Gas Cr... Feb 10 walkerny 1
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Dec '16 Good fella 32
News 5 of the Spookiest and Most Haunted Places in N... Oct '16 Albanyrickster 1
novelis oswego employees (Feb '14) Oct '16 7habits seek2unde... 12
West Genesee High School Football Oct '16 Camills NY 2
buyer beware APD auto (Aug '16) Sep '16 Zero Sauce 3
oswego is a shit hole. (Apr '13) Aug '16 oneida 3

Oswego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oswego Mortgages