Oswego police, power company say sire...

Oswego police, power company say sirens sounded; investigation cont...

There are 1 comment on the Post-Standard story from Sep 29, 2010, titled Oswego police, power company say sirens sounded; investigation cont.... In it, Post-Standard reports that:

The alarms on the Oswego River are supposed to sound before the river water rises suddenly, the result of water being released by hydro-electric stations along the waterway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Post-Standard.

Betty Gray

Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 2, 2010
The sirens did go off to give them time to get out because i heard them sound off from in side my apt.at Simeaon Dewitt.They say everybody get out of the river because the water is rise. They say it again again to make sure the people will get out of the water in time. I don't know why they didn't get the message,but i did. My deepest sympathy to the whole family. This is to bad this happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oswego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Mon josephbarkley 20
News Man says he fabricated stories about Holocaust,... Jul 19 Bahahahaha 2
News Coast Guard Investigates Sheen in Lake Ontario Jun 27 sounds safe eh 1
News Coast Guard investigates unknown sheen in Lake ... Jun 27 Fitzpatrick Nuke ... 1
muskies (Dec '14) May '16 lights 4
News County Gears Up For Bicentennial Celebration Apr '16 Sheryl Ann 1
News Nurse Convicted Of Snapping Photo of Unconsciou... Mar '16 Bob 1

Oswego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oswego Mortgages