High School Student Hit by Car in fro...

High School Student Hit by Car in front of school

Posted in the Oswego Forum

Oswego Mom

Oswego, IL

#1 Dec 10, 2009
Does anyone know who the student was that was hit for a car in front of the school. She apparently ran across the street and was hit and thrown. We are hoping that she is okay.
wembly

Angola, IN

#2 Dec 11, 2009
Look both ways before crossing the street.
Daniela Romo

Montgomery, IL

#3 Dec 13, 2009
Her name is Maggie Brawner she was at our crystals rehearsal she ran across the street and the car hit her the lady got out and prayed with her all maggie could say was im sorry. She broke her leg for now she's fine she'll be back at school on monday or tuesday
fed up too

Melrose Park, IL

#4 Dec 14, 2009
good news... thanks im glad she is ok other than the leg

Since: Dec 09

Mumbai, India

#5 Dec 14, 2009
friends take care while crossing the street
Maggie Brawner

Oswego, IL

#6 Dec 19, 2009
Thank you to those who have cared about me, I am very blessed to have your support and love. However, I have to say, while it is good advice and very important to know, I believe it is very disrespectful to tell me to "look both ways before crossing the street." You were not there when it happened. I DID look both ways, I just did not see the driver coming, she was blocked by another car that waved for me to go. The next time YOU get hit by a car I'll be the one telling YOU while you're recovering from a serious leg injury to "LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET."
ilmomof4

Brookfield, IL

#7 Dec 20, 2009
Maggie-
I'm so glad to hear you are ok. I can't imagine how the driver must feel, the guilt must be awful-every parent's nightmare to either hit a kid or have your child hit by a car....hope your leg heals soon.
Maggie Brawner

United States

#8 Dec 20, 2009
Thank you very much. I have to say the emotional a mental struggle on everyone's part is much worse than the physical pain. My condolences go out to the driver, she is a good person and this never should have happened to her. It was pretty hard on my parents, but we're all coping very well. Thank you again for your support.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oswego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News List limits booze sales for Illinois city's hab... 5 hr unclesam 4
Too Many Youth Football Programs (Jan '12) Aug 25 FootballFanatic 43
Beware of Tuffy 135th St Plainfield Aug 22 Terry 1
Aurora panhandling on rt 34 and rt 30 near the ... (Jul '13) Aug 19 keef richards 10
News Kendall County crime report Aug 19 Raylin 1
Ernesto Nat Garza Aug 16 Paul 2
News Scandal reveals different side of man known as ... Aug 14 Mary 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oswego Mortgages