Write another Gun Control Law ,If it were only that easy .....

Posted in the Oswego Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Subject....If it were only that easy ..... by Johnny Appleseed ----Tuesday, January 22, 2013
If it were only that easy,just make A new law regarding guns, and but an end for all time to crime violence. If it were only that easy to stop the killings and other crimes, by more gun laws to stop humans from killing each other it would seem that we would have by now, with all the present laws we presently have regulating gun ownership,that we would have reached a new level of peaceful civility in which people only died from old age and illness but such is not the case and violence towards our fellow humans is a common occurrence.
Gun regulations intended to stop crimes of killing and robbery of others hasn't stopped people intent on committing such crimes from doing so.
According to a book written in 2006-07 by Gregg Jackson there were already more than 20,000 existing federal gun laws in place at that time and most likely more gun laws have been written since then but to no avail.
The lefists have "consistently opposed more stringent programs and penalities for repeat gun offenders..." why would the leftist gun control advocates/democrats, oppose placing "stringent programs and penalities.." on criminals if their true purpose was to stop property crimes and killings.
What could be the reason for government and the leftists wanting to take the right to possess guns away from the citizens, to disarm them....?
"while the Hollywood elites and liberal intelligeentsia in washington-many of whom have armed bodyguards and live in homes protected by iron gates and security systems- call for more restrictive "gun control" laws -including registration and confiscation- they ignore the 3 million times each year Americas use firearms to protect themselves.
How many would be violently attacked, raped or killed if they were disarmed."
What could be the reason for government and the leftists wanting to take the right to possess guns from the citizens, to disarm them, maybe its, as the book author wrote," it would leave a nation's citizens unable to "defend themselves and more susceptible to a tyrannical government," maybe this is the reason leftists want to regulate away the right of gun ownership from private citizens.
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Appleseed wrote:
The lefists have "consistently opposed more stringent programs and penalities for repeat gun offenders..." why would the leftist gun control advocates/democrats, oppose placing "stringent programs and penalities.." on criminals if their true purpose was to stop property crimes and killings.
Source please. There are both federal and Illinois laws that increase penalties for crimes committed while using a gun. Please offer examples where "leftists" opposed such laws.
Anonymous

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Source please. There are both federal and Illinois laws that increase penalties for crimes committed while using a gun. Please offer examples where "leftists" opposed such laws.
....]I am not going to be lead off,to go wonering off into the woods of minutiae as you would like for me to...
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Justthis2 wrote:
<quoted text>....]I am not going to be lead off,to go wonering off into the woods of minutiae as you would like for me to...
This is not minutiae. This is a substantive question and point. Both Illinois and Federal Law contain provisions for severe penalties when guns are used in the commission of a crime. You have made/repeated an allegation which in my mind is incorrect. You have attempted to lay blame at the feet of those who have pushed for and more importantly adopted the provision for which you now seek.

So, come clean. When did the "leftists" argue against stiffer penalties for crimes committed with guns?
oswegoan

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Eric, you effectively ended this topic!:)

They got nothing!!
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

oswegoan wrote:
They got nothing!!
This guy whom Johnny cited is an extremist. But, I can't even find where he made the allegation that Johnny posted.
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

oswegoan wrote:
They got nothing!!
Don't count on it.
oswegoan

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

oh, so you are going to give the source johnny? im waiting....
oswegoan

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

oswegoan wrote:
oh, so you are going to give the source johnny? im waiting....
Oh Johnny, where are you?? posting all over but yet, no response to this, just as i said eric, you ended this one fast! haha
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I have found that Johnny is not one of the most ethical posters. He will string together unrelated partial quotations to try to give credence to his positions. When you look at the entire quotation, the meaning is oft times the complete opposite. For example the Bill Clinton quote on the tea baggers.
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Eric wrote:
I have found that Johnny is not one of the most ethical posters. He will string together unrelated partial quotations to try to give credence to his positions. When you look at the entire quotation, the meaning is oft times the complete opposite. For example the Bill Clinton quote on the tea baggers.
I have found that Eric is fast to cast aspersions and innuendos,about posters that don't see things the way that he does.
In regards to the Clinton Quotes, Are you saying, that the quotes I gave of Bill Clinton's weren't his actual words he used.
Those were direct quotes of his that I posted.
Also, It seems that you are suggesting that Bill Clinton's words he used weren't reflective of his true intentions but he was using words as a smoke screen to cover up his true intentions and meanings.
If this is so its not a very favorable opinion you have of democrat Bill Clinton, to suggest that he meant to deceive.
Perhaps though, this Is indicative of how democrats conduct themselves when dealing with the citizens, that the words democrats use are not necessarily what their true intentions really are.
"We all know here that the law is the most powerful of schools for the imagination. No poet ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer interprets the truth.
Author Unknown
democrats are Lawyers or former Lawyers "ergo democrats are loose with their "interpreting the truth."
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I meant exactly what I said. Your partial quote about the tea baggers masked the true meaning of Pres. Clinton's words that was evident when one looks at the entire quote. You are unethical.
oswegoan

West Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

unethical and STILL havent disclosed your resources
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Eric wrote:
I meant exactly what I said. Your partial quote about the tea baggers masked the true meaning of Pres. Clinton's words that was evident when one looks at the entire quote. You are unethical.
You posted,"Your partial quote about the tea baggers masked the true meaning of Pres. Clinton's words..." Why don't you give us the entire quote and we'll make up our own minds what Bill Clinton meant in reference to the Tea Party.You posted,"Your partial quote about the tea baggers masked the true meaning of Pres. Clinton's words..." Why don't you give us the entire quote and we'll make up our own minds what Bill Clinton meant in reference to the Tea Party. I postedthe following in regards to Bill Clinton's Quote about the Tea Party,
"Well, first of all, I think that a lot of the voters who are voting for the tea party candidates have really good impulses....." Bill Clinton.
Bill Clinton was, Like Obama, good with word manipulations, his words, subject to interpretation... ie "Bill Clinton..." It Depends on what the meaning of the word is, is...."
Johnny Appleseed

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

oswegoan wrote:
unethical and STILL havent disclosed your resources
Corrected reply to Eric below.

You posted,"Your partial quote about the tea baggers masked the true meaning of Pres. Clinton's words..."
Why don't you give us the entire quote and we'll make up our own minds what Bill Clinton meant in reference to the Tea Party. I posted in regards to Bill Clinton's Quote about the Tea Party,"....Bill Clinton Quote...."Well, first of all, I think that a lot of the voters who are voting for the tea party candidates have really good impulses....."
Bill Clinton was, Like Obama, good with word manipulations, his words, subject to interpretation... ie "Bill Clinton Quote..." It Depends on what the meaning of the word is, is...."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Oswego Discussions

Search the Oswego Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 4 min the plain truth 1,833
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Sugar Grove police reports (Jul '08) 13 hr Randy 102
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 18 hr newpoly 3,820
Potholes, patches & hubcaps (Jan '08) Sat over paid 9
Anti-Abortion Tour Returns to Shorewood on Friday Sat Hypocrites 1
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 11 rdarbin 641
•••
•••
•••
•••

Oswego Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Oswego People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••