fed up too

West Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 26, 2009
is the oytf still screwed up....like when albright,bagley, hively were there...or are things better

“Proud Football Mom”

Since: Nov 07

Oswego Illinois

#2 Aug 26, 2009
I have no complaints from the three years we have been involved with OYTF
Jaa

Oswego, IL

#3 Aug 26, 2009
My daughter just started high school, but was in oytf for four years. It was not really very organized when she was in it. I remember hearing about the imbezelment of monies, 200.00 to join, and honestly, what do they get? I appreciated all the hard work from the coaches, but for the cheer side, they needed to get people in there who have experience in coaching cheer. I was a head coach for 2 years and you know,I did not know diddily , but they needed a coach, I did it for the girls. In my opinion, if they restructure the whole organization, which maybe they have, it would be good. Please don't get me wrong, the girls have fun, as do the boys, but for the cheer side, it needs to be a bit more professional, not so laid back.
fed up too

West Chicago, IL

#4 Aug 26, 2009
who took the money?

“Proud Football Mom”

Since: Nov 07

Oswego Illinois

#5 Aug 26, 2009
We don't have experience with the cheer program but the org is all volunteer based and the quality of coaching for both football and cheer is only as good as the volunteer's experience with coaching. We have been very fortunate in having great coaches for our son's team.
Jaa

Oswego, IL

#6 Aug 27, 2009
Not sure exactly who took the money, but they promised to fix the problem and they did. You are right, the teams are only as good as the coaches, that is why through experience, they should get volunteers who have at lest some experience. I loved coaching, but I sort of felt like a glorified babysitter, if you know what I mean.
Panther Mom

AOL

#7 Aug 27, 2009
Wow, times have changed. When my kids did OYTF it a was about $85. And that was when you had the pom squad and cheerleeding squad separate.This was nice because the girls only needed to focus on just one area of cheer....and master it well. My daugjhter quit when they decided to combine the cheer/pom squads. But we sure enjoyed our days with OYTF...lotsa good memories!
Sstra

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Aug 31, 2009
Yes I do know what you mean , The parents who stayed to help and take an intrest and then the parents who did a drop fly by . We had a wonderful expierience other than lack of some parents partisipation .
fed up too

West Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 31, 2009
it was always the same faces doing everything....i cooked, announced, chains, water etc.....when we were in 90% of the board members sucked....mostly when white team added....that Stan was a creepy dude....he left his wife for the white cheer director....and she left her hubby to be with this scum bag....what does that teach the kids that are supposed to look up to this a-hole and ho.....
Jaa

Oswego, IL

#10 Sep 1, 2009
Don't get me wrong, we had fun, my daughter had fun, but i just think it could have been a bit more organized, and to be so expensive. My daughter was a cheerleader for four years, and the uniforms were so old, and dingy, they finally got new ones her last year in. I can say there were a lot of good memories, I think it gives some kids confidence, that may otherwise not have it. I volunteered for three years as a coach, the last year we had some family health issues and I was not able to help. they do need more parent volunteers, not just drop off and go. The one thing I had a problem with was that you had to be at every game every weekend, it was hard to show up to every game, and the paperwork we had to get to let my daughter go with another person, I know it was for safety reasons, but it is kind of extreme. Good Luck to all the OYTF teams including the cheerleaders and have fun!!!!
Teen

Montgomery, IL

#11 Sep 1, 2009
fed up too wrote:
it was always the same faces doing everything....i cooked, announced, chains, water etc.....when we were in 90% of the board members sucked....mostly when white team added....that Stan was a creepy dude....he left his wife for the white cheer director....and she left her hubby to be with this scum bag....what does that teach the kids that are supposed to look up to this a-hole and ho.....
The same thing you teach them with your foul mouth! Clean it up loser!
fed up too

West Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 2, 2009
I never taught those kids anything u a-hole....it just that two people with influence over children not their own openly show their low morals...these two are the lowest kind of scum
WoW

Montgomery, IL

#13 Sep 2, 2009
fed up too wrote:
I never taught those kids anything u a-hole....it just that two people with influence over children not their own openly show their low morals...these two are the lowest kind of scum
Nothing like the teen leading the teen! Heeee Heee Heeee
HilltopHitter-Il liniPride

Batavia, IL

#14 Apr 9, 2014
This thread is very encouraging. New to the area, and had signed up for oytf, now I'm wondering if that was the right decision. Pop Warner out here doesn't even respond to calls/emails.... The move west doesn't look good for the kids so far
OYTF is much better

United States

#15 Apr 12, 2014
In 2013 OYTF got a brand new board and the 2013 was the best that I have in the couple years that I have had my son playing OYTF. It was such a great experience that I am having my daughter cheer for them and my son play football for them in 2014. My son also was able to get his friends to come play OYTF in 2014 tha played in other area football teams because they have heard how great the changes are with the program is.

Plus, I am very excited to hear that all coaches must complete the USA Football Head's Up Coaching Certification in order to coach in 2014. They are focusing more than ever on creating a safer progam for our children. They also made stricter guidelines that the coaches will have to follow in 2014. If a coach doesn't sign their 2014 code of conduct they cannot coach.

The program is definitely going in the right direction and I am glad that my kid wasn't playing in 2009 when this forum first came out.
Happy OYTF Parent

United States

#16 Apr 12, 2014
HilltopHitter-IlliniPride wrote:
This thread is very encouraging. New to the area, and had signed up for oytf, now I'm wondering if that was the right decision. Pop Warner out here doesn't even respond to calls/emails.... The move west doesn't look good for the kids so far
My son is going to be playing his 3 season this year with OYTF and it has been great. I too have heard the horror stories but when they got rid of the board President, Vice President, and Secretary at the end of the 2012 season, there was vast improvemets. I know having another year under their belt will only make it better.
Heb7263839349

Oswego, IL

#17 Mar 23, 2016
fed up too wrote:
who took the money?
They pocket the money for their selves

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oswego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert to plead gu... (Oct '15) Aug 25 Meow Meow Meow 7
Anybody know what Happened to Franz gym? Aug 15 !!! 2
News After confrontation, pickup truck drives throug... Aug 14 Bowlingball4u 3
Poll What restaurant do you want to come to town? (Jan '08) Aug 4 Theresa Branstone 84
News Metra scrutinizing Hastert earmark for Oswego e... (Jun '15) Aug 4 Sheila B 2
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Aug 4 Sheila B 47
Review: Apple A Day Pediatrics - James Webb MD (Sep '09) Jun '16 SammyDee 25

Oswego Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oswego Mortgages