Columbus man sentenced for Delaware C...

Columbus man sentenced for Delaware County shooting-center thef...

There are 17 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 31, 2009, titled Columbus man sentenced for Delaware County shooting-center thef.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Columbus man has been sentenced to five years in prison for breaking into the Black Wing Shooting Center in Ostrander and stealing guns, knives and ammunition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Big Hank

Cleveland, OH

#1 Dec 31, 2009
It is dumb @#$%^ like this that put a lot of unlicensed guns in the hands of the punk thugs doing so many of the crimes we read about here. Max their sentences, just in anticipation of the crimes that will be committed with the unrecovered weapons.
Total value

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 31, 2009
Seems like a very low total value. 30000 divided by 200 is $150. They obviously didn't steal 200 firearms.
Skye

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 31, 2009
Total Value,
That was 200 items, could have been 5 dozen knives, 6 dozen boxes of ammo, etc.
You almost were right, but you need some help in Math! I do agree with Hank, more weapons in the wrong hands does add to crime.
Skye
Balls Deep

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 31, 2009
Good to hear they were caught. Too bad about all the guns that weren't recovered. I'm sure those will be used in crimes all around central ohio for years to come!

“Can't we all just get along? ”

Since: Dec 09

Home is where you make it.

#5 Dec 31, 2009
I always try to defend the west side. Did they have to put their addresses? Another mark against the Hilltop for public perception.
my peeps

Lebanon, VA

#6 Dec 31, 2009
another mark on the hilltop??? LOLLOLOLOL.....the dispatch is not trying to dis your area.....your area seems to be living up to its rep....!!!! thugs thugs thugs...if they lived in dublin/bex their address would be posted too....silly
Big Hank

Cleveland, OH

#7 Dec 31, 2009
Fire-and-Ice wrote:
I always try to defend the west side. Did they have to put their addresses? Another mark against the Hilltop for public perception.
You a public defender? Perception is all too often reality.
JustACitizen

Dayton, OH

#9 Dec 31, 2009
Five years doesn't seem like much to me. Maybe they should have allowed them to see the items, then the feds could get them for tax evasion and send them away.
JustACitizen

Dayton, OH

#10 Dec 31, 2009
I meant "...to sell the items..."
Columbus Resident

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 Dec 31, 2009
This kid is not 43 years old as it says in the reports, he is a 23 year old kid who got mixed up with a couple of low life losers and went along with them and made a bad choice. He is not a bad criminal, and he certainly does not deserve 5 years in state prison. Of course I am upset that now there are guns in the hands of losers that hurt people like you and me, but I know my brother has a good heart and he never thought of it that way. He has had a rough life and no one seems to give a damn about that. As for the other losers that was behind this, you cant hide behind the scene forever. You all know Davey is a good kid and he does not deserve this. What a sorry waste of life you are!
Big Hank

Cleveland, OH

#12 Dec 31, 2009
Columbus Resident wrote:
This kid is not 43 years old as it says in the reports, he is a 23 year old kid who got mixed up with a couple of low life losers and went along with them and made a bad choice. He is not a bad criminal, and he certainly does not deserve 5 years in state prison. Of course I am upset that now there are guns in the hands of losers that hurt people like you and me, but I know my brother has a good heart and he never thought of it that way. He has had a rough life and no one seems to give a damn about that. As for the other losers that was behind this, you cant hide behind the scene forever. You all know Davey is a good kid and he does not deserve this. What a sorry waste of life you are!
23 is old enough to vote, drink, die in the service of your country - and have common sense. Blame his "hard life" and he is a "good kid" all you want. He was stupid and old enough to have known better. And how many people may die as a result of his "bad choice" in the coming years as a lot of unregistered weapons have landed in the hands of people like the "bad crowd" he joined up with in this little endeavor. Excuses are like bungholes, my friend. Maybe after 5 years in the pen, he will still be a good person, realize the enormity of the stupidity he took part in, and be a productive part of society? Odds say no, but MY OWN brother made a "bad choice" and ended up in Joliet for a few years. He now works every day and has a family and put that in his rear view a long time ago. Here's to hoping your brother can do the same! The price to pay is what it is. Whining about how good he is in a public forum where most people choose to abide by the laws that govern us is not a very smart decision on your part.
from Delaware

Delaware, OH

#14 Dec 31, 2009
Point of accuracy: Black Wing Shooting Center is not in Ostrander.
Gary Bman

Lewiston, ID

#15 Dec 31, 2009
"Authorities said the two men stole 200 hunting rifles, shotguns, assault weapons, tactical knives and some ammunition with a total value of more than $30,000"
seems that the dispatch got a few things wrong, but, if the above is true, then you could buy these at any gun show. They are not "registered", and what I've been reading for weeks, most crimes are being done with handguns.
Not saying that the shitheads needed to be steeling weapons or anything else for that matter!
614 HILLTOP

AOL

#17 Jan 2, 2010
THATS MY BIG BROTHER DAT GOT 5 YRZ, YEA HE WAS HANGIN AROUND THE WRONG PPL THEN BUT I BET WHEN HE GETS OUT HES GONA STRAIGHTIN UP, N I DONT THANK HE DISURVES 5YRS 4 SOMTHIN HE GOT BLAMED 4, IF THEY AINT GOT PROOF HE DID IT THEN WHY SHOULD HE HAVE 2 DO THE TIME 4 IT... YEA HE MADE A BIG MUSTACE, LIKE NOBODY ELS HAS, WELL NOW HES GOTA LEARN FROM IT CUZ ALL U SNICH'N ASS BITCHS, JUST NO, WAT COMES AROUND GO'S AROUND, N ALL U SNITCH'N ASS BITCH'S ARE GONA GET WAT COMES AROUND 2 ALL U, BRAD MANERD, LIL BILL, N THE REST OF YALL, I NO WHO DA FUCK YALL ARE, YALL'S GONA GET WAT COMES 2 U, ITS JUST THE MADDER OF TIME...
614 HILLTOP

AOL

#18 Jan 2, 2010
I FEEL SORRY 4 YALL WHEN MY BROTHER GETS OUT......
Lock em up

Grove City, OH

#19 Jan 2, 2010
You're right Columbus Hilltop, the doesn't deserve 5 years...He deserves 10 years! And 614 Hilltop....you spelled 3 words correctly. Good job for being an ignorant idiot. Maybe you should go to prison with your brother and learn some english!
Columbus Resident

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Jan 21, 2010
Big Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
23 is old enough to vote, drink, die in the service of your country - and have common sense. Blame his "hard life" and he is a "good kid" all you want. He was stupid and old enough to have known better. And how many people may die as a result of his "bad choice" in the coming years as a lot of unregistered weapons have landed in the hands of people like the "bad crowd" he joined up with in this little endeavor. Excuses are like bungholes, my friend. Maybe after 5 years in the pen, he will still be a good person, realize the enormity of the stupidity he took part in, and be a productive part of society? Odds say no, but MY OWN brother made a "bad choice" and ended up in Joliet for a few years. He now works every day and has a family and put that in his rear view a long time ago. Here's to hoping your brother can do the same! The price to pay is what it is. Whining about how good he is in a public forum where most people choose to abide by the laws that govern us is not a very smart decision on your part.
Too bad you dont know how to read. You took what you wanted out of my post and that is ignorant of you. I never said my brother should not be punished for what he has done.. no matter what sort of life he has had. Go read it agian and try to process that through your small mind. What I was saying is that a 5 year prison term is very harsh for a young man that has never been in trouble. And most important...to the people who are making a lot of ignorant and immature "jokes" about prison. I have said it once nad will say it agian...you all (THE LOSERS MAKING JOKES) are a bunch of very bored, small minded idiots!! Get a freaking job..or a real life and stop harassing people you know nothing about. If you believe this post is about you "Big Hank"...then toughen up and stop whining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ostrander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote for Donald J Trump 11 hr Big B 8
To the dudes dressed as women at the Toys R Us ... (May '16) Sat USN Atheist 3
Speeders in the ville Mar 23 Bill 3
George Norcross Arrested for Corruption Mar 20 RICO 1
News May trial set for woman who spat in deputy's face Mar 20 Betty Lou 1
Does he Still Love Me (Jul '10) Mar 15 your loss 2
Trump vs Clinton------DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAS CHANGED Mar 13 HENRY 2

Ostrander Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance