Maggots found in food at two Ohio pri...

Maggots found in food at two Ohio prisons

There are 20 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 7, 2014, titled Maggots found in food at two Ohio prisons. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Food and serving equipment contaminated with live maggots have been found at two Ohio prisons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

guyDATurWIFEwant z2SCREW

Galena, OH

#1 Jul 7, 2014
john boy kaySICK iz a maggot......Baby!

maggot ::: the soft limbless larva of dipterous insects, esp the housefly and blowfly, occurring in decaying organic matter,. a fancy or whim,,,Maggots tend to be good natured and are usually harmless due to the high concentration of alcohol in their systems but on occasion do argue when the heated "Black Sabbath vs Led Zeppelin" debate arises. Such arguments may lead to fisticuffs but usually resolve with a vigorous Soul Man handshake and ordering a couple more beers.''A maggot, is a person who is a complete tard. They are really stupid and no-one likes them. Maggots mostly consist of 12 year olds who don't know jack shit about real music and just listen to Slipknot in a pathetic attempt to seem cool.
rhymes with faggot.

guyDATurWIFEwantz2SCREW
Eat More Insect Larvae

Cantonment, FL

#2 Jul 7, 2014
Chock Fulla Extra Protein!!

Maggot Sandwich IS Legend

Cantonment, FL

#3 Jul 7, 2014
When punk was rock, and This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb.
doesnt matter name

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Jul 8, 2014
The news reported is not the truth. My daughter is in the womens prison and the food was and is still being served. I know it for a fact !! It is a cover up. My daughter herself became sick after eating bolongy sandwich but no use in going to nurse for help or make a report because they don't care.
The big shots came in last week after being on the news and getting caught but its happening again today. One of the higher ups was more worried about getting flowers planted in the front of the grounds to make the property look better because of all the news media.
There is a lot of CRAP and illegal stuff that goes on behind those closed doors that isn't even reported to the media.
Board of health should go and talk to inmates themselves [oh wait, they cant do that either because of the backlash to the inmates]. The inmates are disrespected, and not properly cared for.
I could go on forever but don't believe the news when you here that the food issues are taken care of.
Concerned Taxpayer

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jul 8, 2014
This is beyond ridiculous! We would be standing a protest if animals were treated this way but it obviously is okay to allow it to happen human beings. It's not like they can go out and get something to eat elsewhere. They depend on this facility to feed them and we pay dearly to get them fed. I do not accept the idea that it's being handled with multiple cases documented. If the company we contracted cannot handle the task then by all means lets find a company that can. I'm sure for $110 million we should be able to get safe, edible food and clean conditions. The reports from CIIC (the government agency assigned to inspect these facilities) "filthy conditions" is listed in their previous inspections. They have not released or completed the 2014 inspection reports yet but I'm sure that hasn't changed. If ongoing concerns of this nature have not been corrected previously then why are we not getting the Ohio General Assembly's oversight committee (CIIC) to be held responsible!!!! Each inmate costs the public an unbelievable amount of money to house and maintain. I truly feel we are being scammed, where is all the money going to? Food with maggots surely couldn't cost much. Not cleaning the facility surely couldn't cost much. Not attending to medical concerns in a timely manner surely couldn't cost much. I guess we as a society need to get more involved in monitoring these concerns. Most of the women at ORW are non violent offenders doing mandatory sentences (which since imposed have in some cases been severely decreased in length through state and federal legislature) and regardless of these facts the administration could find a more humane way of caring for them.
I am extremely upset by these shortcomings in care and would really like to see someone get involved and see through to a change that can be verified.
guyDATurWIFEwant z2SCREW

Galena, OH

#6 Jul 8, 2014
Rikers Island is New York City's main jail complex

The jail complex, operated by the New York City Department of Correction, has a budget of $860 million a year, a staff of 9,000 officers and 1,500 civilians to control an inmate population of 12,300.

The NYC IBO (Independent Budget Office) determined that the city is spending $167,000 per inmate annually

FAIL

guyDATurWIFEwantz2SCREW
Who cares

Proctorville, OH

#7 Aug 5, 2014
Who gives a crap. They are worthless scum. Why should they get free food for committing crimes? That's the problem with this world, prisoners give up their "rights" as soon as they break the law. We should feed them dog food instead. Or just dont feed them at all. ;) I'm gonna go do something illegal so that I don't have to work, I get free food, a free place to stay and I have no bills or anything to worry about. Stop funding prisons and start sending more funds to the more important people, yanno, like our soldiers?
A Concerned Family Member

Bellefontaine, OH

#8 Aug 5, 2014
I also have a family member in this facility and I completely agree with you!!. The maggots have been a DAILY issue for a while now!!!. And if the inmates say anything about it they are punished!!!. One girl was put in the "Hole" today for telling other inmates there were meale worms in her oatmeal!!. Really!!?... This is ridiculous!!!. These inmates may have gotten themselves into trouble to get where they are but they are still people!! They deserve to be treated as so!!. The staff at this facility is no better than the inmates and should stop acting as if they are!!. I don't know how many concerned people have to contact the news and media before something is actually done about this situation??.. If anyone that reads this is in a position to help in anyway, please take the time and do so!. These girls are literally starving in this facility and need someone on their side!!.
doesnt matter name wrote:
The news reported is not the truth. My daughter is in the womens prison and the food was and is still being served. I know it for a fact !! It is a cover up. My daughter herself became sick after eating bolongy sandwich but no use in going to nurse for help or make a report because they don't care.
The big shots came in last week after being on the news and getting caught but its happening again today. One of the higher ups was more worried about getting flowers planted in the front of the grounds to make the property look better because of all the news media.
There is a lot of CRAP and illegal stuff that goes on behind those closed doors that isn't even reported to the media.
Board of health should go and talk to inmates themselves [oh wait, they cant do that either because of the backlash to the inmates]. The inmates are disrespected, and not properly cared for.
I could go on forever but don't believe the news when you here that the food issues are taken care of.
Who cares

Cleveland, OH

#9 Aug 7, 2014
These woman are in prison for committing crimes. I don't really care if they find a few maggots in their food. I am sure the prison staff is working to resolve the issue , if you don't want to have maggots in your FREE prison meals then don't commit crimes that send you to prison.
Molly

Amherst, OH

#10 Aug 14, 2014
In reply to "Who Cares": Do you know these women? Do you personally know they are scum? Apparently not, because I know for a fact they are not ALL scum. Some have made a very poor decision that has ultimately led them to this present circumstance, but have learned a very hard lesson and do not intend to repeat the behavior. Please become informed about the topic you are commenting on.
fart butt

East Liberty, OH

#11 Aug 16, 2014
fart butt fart butt
Who Cares

Proctorville, OH

#12 Aug 18, 2014
Well, Molly, I do in fact know at least one of the pieces of "scum" that reside there. Her name is Kristen Mcmillian, she is in prison for felonious assault. Wanna know why? She brutally stabbed my father in the chest with a butcher knife, leaving three children without a father. Two of which who do not have a mother because the psycho is in prison. So yes, I do personally know this "scum". I feel no remorse for saying she deserves it because I promise you, that she did not learn too hard of a lesson. So please become informed about the topic you are commenting on. Stupid.
Chris

Mason, OH

#13 Sep 5, 2014
You are correct U was there
Chris

Mason, OH

#14 Sep 5, 2014
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
This is beyond ridiculous! We would be standing a protest if animals were treated this way but it obviously is okay to allow it to happen human beings. It's not like they can go out and get something to eat elsewhere. They depend on this facility to feed them and we pay dearly to get them fed. I do not accept the idea that it's being handled with multiple cases documented. If the company we contracted cannot handle the task then by all means lets find a company that can. I'm sure for $110 million we should be able to get safe, edible food and clean conditions. The reports from CIIC (the government agency assigned to inspect these facilities) "filthy conditions" is listed in their previous inspections. They have not released or completed the 2014 inspection reports yet but I'm sure that hasn't changed. If ongoing concerns of this nature have not been corrected previously then why are we not getting the Ohio General Assembly's oversight committee (CIIC) to be held responsible!!!! Each inmate costs the public an unbelievable amount of money to house and maintain. I truly feel we are being scammed, where is all the money going to? Food with maggots surely couldn't cost much. Not cleaning the facility surely couldn't cost much. Not attending to medical concerns in a timely manner surely couldn't cost much. I guess we as a society need to get more involved in monitoring these concerns. Most of the women at ORW are non violent offenders doing mandatory sentences (which since imposed have in some cases been severely decreased in length through state and federal legislature) and regardless of these facts the administration could find a more humane way of caring for them.
I am extremely upset by these shortcomings in care and would really like to see someone get involved and see through to a change that can be verified.
I wish there was a like button. You are right I know I was there
Chris

Mason, OH

#15 Sep 5, 2014
Correction I meant to say I was there not U. You are % right
InoeWATTeweDIDla ssSUMMER

Galena, OH

#16 Sep 5, 2014
anuddaha' example uv gubbiner jon kaySICK failurez on every level imaginable.....Baby!

FAIL

InoeWATTeweDIDlassSUMMER
briggsg

Coraopolis, PA

#17 Sep 19, 2014
Who cares wrote:
Who gives a crap. They are worthless scum. Why should they get free food for committing crimes? That's the problem with this world, prisoners give up their "rights" as soon as they break the law. We should feed them dog food instead. Or just dont feed them at all. ;) I'm gonna go do something illegal so that I don't have to work, I get free food, a free place to stay and I have no bills or anything to worry about. Stop funding prisons and start sending more funds to the more important people, yanno, like our soldiers?
So ur saying ur so perfect that u have never broke the law? Its people like YOU that are scum.
MsDeNiseofAnnArb or

Ann Arbor, MI

#18 Nov 13, 2014
briggsg wrote:
<quoted text>
So ur saying ur so perfect that u have never broke the law? Its people like YOU that are scum.
I agee!
Maggots for da criminals

Akron, OH

#19 Nov 13, 2014
MsDeNiseofAnnArbor wrote:
<quoted text>
I agee!
Da maggots deserve to eat da maggots Baby
ben

Sunbury, OH

#20 Dec 1, 2014
Who cares wrote:
These woman are in prison for committing crimes. I don't really care if they find a few maggots in their food. I am sure the prison staff is working to resolve the issue , if you don't want to have maggots in your FREE prison meals then don't commit crimes that send you to prison.
Easy to judge huh. U r a f.à,g

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ostrander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Honda opens Troy, OH, CNG station (Nov '15) 13 hr Two Dollar Bill 2
Delaware City Logo Sun GTT 1
Any changes at MPL (Nov '15) Sun Closed 26
News Catch a candid reader May 27 freebawllin pharmer 2
News Trolley' service to begin in city May 27 freebawllin pharmer 3
News 2017 Acura NSX rolls off the line May 27 freebawllin pharmer 6
Delaware Stinkz........Baby! (Dec '13) May 24 Lazy Larry 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ostrander Mortgages