Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

United States

#68809 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Then name the state or federal law that backs up your statement.
That should keep the ignorant one occupied for an eternity.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68812 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They did a great job. They hid the most damning evidence against Martin from the defense. They obtained an arrest warrant by withholding evidence. It's not their fault there was witnesses that proved it was self defense.
First, they didn't file the right charges.
Second, they didn't call enough expert witnesses from around the country and from around the state.
Third, they didn't know the applicable laws well enough.
Etc.

They needed to build their case against Zimmerman with lesser charges building up to the more serious charges; instead they went for the most serious they thought they would be able to get against him and didn't understand enough of the lesser charges would have built up to a capital murder case.

Poor strategy; poor research.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#68813 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know, I am free to disagree with the incompetent attorneys representing the state of Florida.
Racial/Political Pressure and Social Engineering, forced an illegal arrest warrant by Angela Corey....That's the one that look's like Ernest Borgnine in pumps and pearls.....
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68815 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that your lack of knowledge about the law is only surpassed by your lack of knowledge of medicine. The fact that he was taking Aderall and Temazepam (legally with a doctors prescription) demonstrated that he was doing the correct things to counteract a physical condition. Now, oh great idiot, please tell me the state code where you can not operate a motor vehicle when you take these prescription drugs as prescribed by a doctor.
Aderall for the condition; Temazepam to combat one of the side effects of the Aderall.

Unfortunately, the combination of the Aderall and Temazepam both had a common side effect thus possible doubling the side effect;
aggression.

I think it is obvious who the real aggressor was. As a result,his medications contributed to his behavior and thus he was not supposed to be carrying his firearm at that time. That is Florida law.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#68816 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They did a great job. They hid the most damning evidence against Martin from the defense. They obtained an arrest warrant by withholding evidence. It's not their fault there was witnesses that proved it was self defense.
It's been fun, fighting the fight alongside you....but, this thread is attracting too many, simply keen on arguing in circles.....like the election....lol...
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68818 Jul 16, 2013
Oddly, I actually take a more conservative approach to gun laws than Zimmerman supporters.

That's why I'm not on Zimmerman's side.

I will never support the passage of laws that make it easier for the citizens to get away with killing one another.

Essentially, that is what the Republicans of the Florida legislature have done in an attempt to fix a problem caused by liberal judges. Unfortunately, they have opened the door to murder in the process.

They should have known better than to pass a law the judges would arbitrarily interpret. That's what they were trying to fix to begin with.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68820 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter since it was only Martin under the influence.
No evidence of that. Lingers for up to thirty days in the system.

Prescription drugs Zimmerman was on though, would have been taken daily.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#68822 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<They hid the most damning evidence against Martin from the defense.
They hid nothing.

You m/f c/s liar.

But we knew that already.

Stopping you from lying would be like asking you to stop breathing, eh?

Location hidden

#68823 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
Under the influence
On two prescriptions- and let's not forget you insisted he was on anything- two prescription drugs for sure combined with at least alcohol.

Not safe to drive but what the heck: he did it all the time.

Location hidden

#68824 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
Yes, it is crystal clear of who the aggressor was.
Yes, the boy was minding his own business, and the pedophile cop wannabe was going to prove to the Sanford Police how'd he would handle strangers that went through his neighborhood.

There is no doubt who the aggressor was.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68825 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, name the law, complete with the code number. Devoid of you being able to do that everybody will continue to think of you as an idiot.
Yes, it is crystal clear of who the aggressor was. Trayvon never once called 911 for police assistance, however, he did call the porker to tell her that a creepy ass cracka was following him. The lack of call for help to the police demonstrated that Trayvon was planning on a physical confrontation.
Spout all the made up crap you wish, however, a couple of pesky facts remain. The State had NO case and or evidence to support any type of manslaughter, let along murder 2 charge. I got a question, are you over 16 years of age? If so, you have got to be one of the most ignorant people ever to post on topix.
The evidence is that Martin remained on the phone with his girlfriend the entire time and was rudely interrupted by Zimmerman.

You forget, Zimmerman's wounds could have been self-inflicted after he shot Martin, or inflicted after he shot Martin by a friend.

Lack of blood on Martin's hands and lack of sever injuries to the back of Zimmerman's skull indicate he was lying about Martin being on top of him and repeatedly bashing his head against the concrete.

Wounds to back of head are minor. No report of Zimmerman having fractured skull indicating wounds were superficial and that Zimmerman and his friendly witness were liars.

Location hidden

#68826 Jul 16, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. To bad Martin was the one under the influence.
Too bad, he wasn't.

Try again, dimwit.

PS: the rapists blame their victims.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68827 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, name the law, complete with the code number. Devoid of you being able to do that everybody will continue to think of you as an idiot.
Yes, it is crystal clear of who the aggressor was. Trayvon never once called 911 for police assistance, however, he did call the porker to tell her that a creepy ass cracka was following him. The lack of call for help to the police demonstrated that Trayvon was planning on a physical confrontation.
Spout all the made up crap you wish, however, a couple of pesky facts remain. The State had NO case and or evidence to support any type of manslaughter, let along murder 2 charge. I got a question, are you over 16 years of age? If so, you have got to be one of the most ignorant people ever to post on topix.
Look them up yourself lazy bum.

Location hidden

#68828 Jul 16, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
The fact that he was taking Aderall and Temazepam (legally with a doctors prescription)
You don't know what he was on.

Not a clue.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68829 Jul 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
On two prescriptions- and let's not forget you insisted he was on anything- two prescription drugs for sure combined with at least alcohol.
Not safe to drive but what the heck: he did it all the time.
If he was mixing the drugs with alcohol it would all make perfect sense. Alcohol is not supposed to be mixed with those drugs.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68830 Jul 16, 2013
The scariest thing is that many of these Zimmerman supporters own guns.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68833 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>First, they didn't file the right charges.
Second, they didn't call enough expert witnesses from around the country and from around the state.
Third, they didn't know the applicable laws well enough.
Etc.

They needed to build their case against Zimmerman with lesser charges building up to the more serious charges; instead they went for the most serious they thought they would be able to get against him and didn't understand enough of the lesser charges would have built up to a capital murder case.

Poor strategy; poor research.
LOL. There was nothing to build a case on it was simple self defense. What lesser charges are we talking. Certainly none of the nonsense you have been posting. You have zero knowledge in the field.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68835 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Aderall for the condition; Temazepam to combat one of the side effects of the Aderall.

Unfortunately, the combination of the Aderall and Temazepam both had a common side effect thus possible doubling the side effect;
aggression.

I think it is obvious who the real aggressor was. As a result,his medications contributed to his behavior and thus he was not supposed to be carrying his firearm at that time. That is Florida law.
Yes we definitely know Martin was the aggressor and the jury agreed. We definitely know that Martin was under the influence. We also know what POSSIBLE SIDE AFFECTS are. We know that means a very small percentage gets them. Obviously Zimmerman was not in that percentage. We also know that Zimmerman was not under the influence and violating his permit. You are welcome. I'm always here to help those in need. You definitely need help in this field.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#68837 Jul 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the boy was minding his own business, and the pedophile cop wannabe was going to prove to the Sanford Police how'd he would handle strangers that went through his neighborhood.
There is no doubt who the aggressor was.
I'm not so sure it wasn't rage based upon the earlier shooting of a white man by a black man in the Tampa area where the black man was relying on the stand your ground law as his defense.

I would have to double check the timeline, but I think the Tampa area shooting was about a week before the shooting in Sanford.
Truth

Rome, GA

#68839 Jul 16, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Aderall for the condition; Temazepam to combat one of the side effects of the Aderall.

aggression.

Also dimwit aggression is an unlikely side effect. Study up dimwit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osteen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Matovina Port Orange Dec 9 Hate Bigmouths 2
Canon XA30 and FCP X-Import Canon XA30 AVCHD fi... (Apr '16) Dec 7 kunta 3
News Sanford shooting victim identified (Apr '07) Dec 6 Amanda 98
Local Politics Do you approve of John C. Masiarczyk, Sr. as Ma... (May '14) Nov 26 Fitius T Bluster 7
News Official: Blight battle in Deltona needs reside... Nov 26 Fitius T Bluster 3
more black on white crime! (Aug '13) Nov 16 normal 119
News Deltona couple facing charges for making up sho... Nov '17 Eugene 1

Osteen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Osteen Mortgages