Helicopter Circling the North End of ...

Helicopter Circling the North End of Siesta Key

Posted in the Osprey Forum

Dawn

Sarasota, FL

#1 Jan 28, 2013
Every once in a while a helicopter will circle 900 times over the north end of Siesta Key. It is doing so now. Black and white. Anybody know why it's up there, and why it just keeps going 'round in circles for an hour???
LKC

Rossville, GA

#2 Jan 28, 2013
We were wondering the same thing?
Tara

Sarasota, FL

#3 Jan 28, 2013
I am on lockdown because it keeps shining lights around my house! What is going on out there?
Ghetto bird

United States

#4 Jan 29, 2013
They're probably looking for you, lol
leaving now

Erwin, TN

#5 Jan 29, 2013
lol
blposter

Groveland, FL

#6 May 7, 2013
1 shark, 2 sharks, 3 sharks ...769 sharks ...dang, lost count agin ... 1 shark, 2 sharks, 3...
Dawn Olson

Sarasota, FL

#7 Jun 15, 2013
Doing it again tonight. Annoying as HELL. GO AWAY!!!!!
Louise

United States

#8 Jun 15, 2013
Have you tried call the police department or sheriff?
I agree it is very annoying!
anon

Rossville, GA

#9 Jun 15, 2013
There was a helicopter and many police boats, unmarked boats, and a jetski. Searching for a body most likely. Started about 7 tonight and I just saw a last boat at about 11:30pm. They haven't stopped searching yet. Also saw some people searching with flashlights over at crescent beach at the end next to the whispering sands condos.
Rest in peace
Maggie

Sarasota, FL

#10 Feb 19, 2014
Dawn wrote:
Every once in a while a helicopter will circle 900 times over the north end of Siesta Key. It is doing so now. Black and white. Anybody know why it's up there, and why it just keeps going 'round in circles for an hour???
I

We heard the helicopter from about 5:30 pm. It seemed to be circling around our street. I also noticed it was black and white. I last heard it about 8:00 pm. If there's an issue the neighbourhood should be notified.. Another comment included flashlights, so no open windows tonight.
john w

Sarasota, FL

#11 Feb 20, 2014
Lisa, is that you ?
Boob

Sarasota, FL

#12 Feb 20, 2014
Louise wrote:
Have you tried call the police department or sheriff?
I agree it is very annoying!
Unless I'm mistaken, it's a police helicopter, Louise. They're looking for boob, but aren't we all.
bob

Sarasota, FL

#13 Feb 21, 2014
Idiot, u talking to a post from last year ... was it a good year for you !
Boob wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless I'm mistaken, it's a police helicopter, Louise. They're looking for boob, but aren't we all.
Organmusi

Sarasota, FL

#14 Feb 21, 2014
bob wrote:
Idiot, u talking to a post from last year ... was it a good year for you ! <quoted text>
It's never too late to squeeze a boob.

Since: Jul 14

Sarasota, FL

#15 Jul 14, 2014
I know I am responding a little too late, but these damn Helicopters fly around about 5 or 6 nights a week in constant circles. It absolutely drives my dogs crazy. They bark like mad, then that wakes up my kids.

Summer time isn't as bad as the kids are out of school, but still what's the point? I didn't realize Sarasota County had an endless supply of money to afford FUEL for these types of exercises.

Most of all I'd like to stop feeling like I live in South Central and get a good nights rest!!!

Does anyone know whom to complain to that would actually make a difference? I'm pretty sure if I called the Sheriff's Office they wouldn't do squat.
Lon Spector

New York, NY

#16 Jul 15, 2014
Could they be searching for Casey? The most
important person of our time.
jamie

Sarasota, FL

#17 Jul 29, 2015
Sent navy flares just washed up on shell beach.
WillieGoRoundInC ircles

Sarasota, FL

#18 Aug 1, 2015
DJ Taz wrote:
I know I am responding a little too late, but these damn Helicopters fly around about 5 or 6 nights a week in constant circles. It absolutely drives my dogs crazy. They bark like mad, then that wakes up my kids.
Summer time isn't as bad as the kids are out of school, but still what's the point? I didn't realize Sarasota County had an endless supply of money to afford FUEL for these types of exercises.
Most of all I'd like to stop feeling like I live in South Central and get a good nights rest!!!
Does anyone know whom to complain to that would actually make a difference? I'm pretty sure if I called the Sheriff's Office they wouldn't do squat.
Someone from Siesta Key reported seeing a black person in town that wasn't a dishwasher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osprey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill [Wanker] Warner (Aug '15) Wed anonymous 23
Review: Five Star Brick Pavers (Aug '13) Tue Very mad 17
Review: Family Moving LLC - Sarasota May 1 The Truth 2
Why so many drug addicts, homeless, and stupid ... (Mar '11) Apr 29 The Truth 268
Match.com Scams (May '13) Apr 28 Coley777 69
Bill Warner Private investigator (May '15) Apr 20 ZIONISM IS RACISM 61
Debate: Marijuana - Sarasota, FL (Aug '10) Apr 19 Whythefucknotitis... 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Osprey Mortgages