The Women's Fund may be pro-abortion

The Women's Fund may be pro-abortion

Posted in the Oshkosh Forum

limapie

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2011
I received a mailing from The Women's Fund.
It stated their street address in Oshkosh, WI and
their web page for more information.

The fund's mailing was vague so I went to
their site to read about them.

http://women.oshkoshareacf.org

One of their mission goals according to the web page was women's health care.

Also, I saw that they were liberally salting
the web site with subtle reference to Catholics.
There was a testimonial from some parents whose
children were in Lourdes Academy and news stories
of charity to Father Carr's.

So, I wrote an email to the contact, directly asking if the Women's Fund was anti-abortion and pro-life.
The reply came back not answering my direct question and danced around providing a direct answer.
Their short answer said that their focus is on helping women and girls reach their full potential.

So, the possibility exists ---because the Women's Fund refuses to declare ---that The Women's Fund could be used for abortion.

Whenever any organization indicates women's health care as a mission---this COULD mean that they are interested in providing abortions because in THEIR view this would "help women reach their full potential."

I personally suspect that the Catholics being used to salt the Women's Fund's site may not know for sure---just as me---and may be being misled...maybe on purpose.
To me on the surface, this organization "appears" to be all kind, Christian, and charitable, but in fact may be or could be a front for pro-abortion activities which is anything BUT kind, Christian, and charitable.

It would be really great if this organization would declare itself so that people can make informed decisions.

I'm here today to caution people to really take a look at any organization before they plunk down cash. And if their own personal philosophies conflict with that of the organization's, or if a person cannot determine because the organization is purposefully vague---then maybe
they should go away from them.
limapie

United States

#2 Dec 13, 2011
So I received another email and the Women's Fund
contact person told me that she must have misunderstood. No, the Women's Fund isn't pro-abortion, she declared.

So, I was thinking. It must be hard trying to mold oneself according to which ever way the wind blows. The situation is this:
There are 100% possible number of the people out there that may be willing to contribute. If the fund declares for or against abortion right away, then that automatically cut's that 100% possible number to only those people who agree similarly
with their stand. So, why not bend the way any particular contributor may want? To one, they may be pro, to another they may be against....besides the main focus of the whole charity is far removed from abortion to begin with.

But one of the missions according to the Women's Fund themselves is "women's health!"
And in this society "women's health" is concerned
with reporductive issues !

And I still contend...even though this woman flat
out TOLD me that abortion wasn't in their plan,
it was not in formal writing. It was not in their mission statement. Vebal hear-say in this day in age means nothing legally! I could be locking my contributions up and one day, I might find out that
they were hauling off and providing money for abortions. Would I be angry? You bet I would.
But, what leg would I have to stand on legally?

If this fund wished, they could remove "women's health" out of their mission statement and then
there would be no bother then!
But as long as they have "women's health" in their mission statement, then the possibility exists that they would be providing abortion funding one day. Unless they qualified IN WRITING that health didn't include anything to do with reproductive health.

I still feel that people should always be watchful for themselves. A bit of thought beforehand, never hurt anyone. Caution in this day in age
is ALWAYS a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oshkosh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aurora Clinic in Neenah (Oct '07) Jun 19 Dan 19
News Winnebago Mental Health Institute plagued by ne... (Sep '07) May '17 Jude5575 55
News Eric D. Conner sentenced to 33 years in the Men... (Sep '10) Feb '17 Brandala182007 3
News Plea deal for two in glued penis case (Dec '09) Jan '17 Captain Phartington 41
News Four boys arrested in Menasha garage hopping (Jul '08) Dec '16 CaliforniaBoy 4
News Hoffmaster closing Appleton site, cutting 300 jobs (May '08) Dec '16 JPB 9
Frankie hallberg (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jenifer 1

Oshkosh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oshkosh Mortgages