these students. The teacher went to the
test with my daughter and let her use
his car FOR FREE! It said in the advertising
that people could rent the class car
for the test, but we are kind of poor
and the teacher knew that. He was
one great guy. He didn't charge one penny
for his time or car at the test. Now,
I'm not saying that he'd do that for everyone.
He'd go broke otherwise, but he does have
a soft charitable kind, kind heart.
Hey, though, if you are scheduled for
a practice drive....you better be there
at the pick up on TIME. He has NO patience
for people being late. He'll drive off
and forget about you. His time is totally
booked so getting another time is totally
hard.
beck

Luxemburg, WI

#3 Dec 22, 2008
We are being scammed by the desination driving school. They refuse to give us the rebate that was promised they don't return calls and now they are in the paper do to fraud.
erpaimly

United States

#4 Dec 22, 2008
Are we talking the same school? I can hardly
believe this.
Maybe it is the customer who is being troublesome.
You know, there are tons and tons of people out there that think that businesses as all rich and a perfect target to make bleed.
If you'd like to know, there are so-o-o many on-the-take customers, it is amazing that businesses can even survive.
I just can bet that this rebate thing...there were restrictions on it AND THE CUSTOMERS didn't satisfy the restrictions. It is like stores that require the UPC and original register tape. The customer doesn't send it in, so of course they do not get the rebate.
The the customer says, "You are a fraud!"
When all the time, the customer is making copies of register tapes and cheating, cheating, cutting UPC's off of boxes in the store without buying....YOU name it customers DO THIS and they DO THIS a LOT!

Beck...if you've had problems with this fine school, then I can bet you a lottery ticket that YOU ARE one of those kinds of customers.
drh

Oshkosh, WI

#5 Dec 23, 2008
The owner of this company is committing fraud. He tells you he has rec'd a govt grant which will allow him to reimburse all fees you pay. This is a lie. I talked with the WI DMV today and was told there is no grant (state or fed) and they have told Destination to stop misrepresenting this. We've waited 16 wks for this "refund" and get more lies and run-arounds from smooth talking Dave(the owner), with promises of call backs and action which never come. We are initiating legal action.
erpaimly

United States

#6 Dec 28, 2008
well then, go for it. Legal action in civil cases....you would need to bare the burden of proof.
If you don't make your proof, then you automatically lose. My bet is that you'd never make the proof. You'd be wasting your clerk of court fees and time. You should go and pony up a retainer for a lawyer. You'd probably lose that as well. Go for it. Dare ya.

I guess you never attended any classes nor completed them then and didn't receive anything for your money at all. And if you did go to the business and received something then you had this in your mind that it was totally for free.

When did you ever receive services for free?!?!?

The man works for nothing then and of course doesn't eat anything either and doesn't live in a building and doesn't need to have a coat for the winter. He just is such a great guy that he spends his days laboring all for nothing.

You, dear people, are total idiots to think that you are so-o-o-o holy and wonderful that you deserve such kindnesses.

Grow up and leave the poor dude alone. You most highly and very very probably were totally mistaken and dealing with on-the-take customers like you, really isn't worth anymore of his time. You, dear people, are a complete annoyance to the rest of the realistic world.
worried

Appleton, WI

#7 Jan 21, 2009
I paid for my daughter to receive driving lessons and have not heard from him since I told him she received her temps mid December. There is no longer an answering machine when I call, no one ever picks up and I go there and no one is there. Can anyone help me? Did I lose all my money?
concerned

Green Bay, WI

#8 Jan 25, 2009
If I were you, you may have to question the validity of Erpaimly from Waupaca. Why would a driving school in Oshkosh service the Waupaca area? Heck of a drive! From what I understand they have a office in Chilton and Oshkosh and service those areas and nearby. Waupaca is no where near.

If the guy promised people that he would refund their money when the student completed the course (in effort for them to sign up with his school, and none other) he needs to refund their money.

Anyone with question about the owner needs to check out the website wcca.wicourts.gov and look up Mr. David A. Macomber. He has been found guilty of business fraud before.
toad

Ripon, WI

#9 Jan 26, 2009
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has a form (MV3756) that can be submitted if there is a complaint in regards to any privately owned driving school. http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/forms/mv...
This information was received by the person in charge of licensing and regulating privately owned driving schools. His name is Brian Baneck (sp?) and phone number is not ableto be printed here. Be productive and use the right channels!!!
ldk

Appleton, WI

#10 Mar 9, 2009
I have their original letter stating that they will refund the program fee once my son had completed his road test and got his license. I submitted a copy of his DL back on Oct. and they keep telling me "they're working on it". There is an answering machine when you call. I told him I would be taking him to small claims court and filing complaints. It's sad...I am an insurance advisor and have done the insurance classes for him in the past (no charge, of course) to try and help young drivers and this is the thanks we all get.
ldk Oshkosh WI

Appleton, WI

#11 Mar 9, 2009
By the way...I am in Oshkosh...NOT Green Bay
fub

Pewaukee, WI

#12 May 4, 2009
Dave is a such a scam artist. He lies and scams people. he does not follow thru on his word, false advertising. To have the lies so serious with so many people that they go to the TV to get action, that is pathetic. I can't believe the DOT allows him to keep his Driving school certification for both driving school for cars and motorcyles. These kids are trusting him. I wonder if he even has insurance coverage active on his cars. All these kids want are their drivers license and money is tight for everyone.
Completely Disgusted

Appleton, WI

#13 May 9, 2009
Apparently not only is it bad enough that this guy is not "refunding" the fees to people that followed the procedure that he wanted, it also now appears that he is atleast six months behind in his tax payments to the State of Wisconsin. What needs to happen before this guy loses his license??

Check out this link to the State Courts.....

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;jsessionid=...
interesting

Appleton, WI

#14 Jul 31, 2009
total crook, unbelievable what he is getting away with
Any solution

Princeton, WI

#15 Sep 7, 2009
Yes, we have also been scammed! I did have my child complete the course successfully, and sent the proper paperwork to David...but keep getting the runaround about the rebate. Over 4 months ago. Has anyone actually received the money? My attorney told me that I would win in small claims court, but most likely would not see a dime! Help!!!
A good person

United States

#16 Sep 20, 2009
Over the recent years, I’ve been fortunate to come to know Dave as a very different person than many of you have made him out to be. Each and every one of you should be ashamed of yourselves! Money issues can bring out a very ugly side of people, and you all are very, very ugly….not only my eyes, but in the eyes of the ONE that matters most.
Not that you need to know, but Dave has had an extremely difficult past year, both professionally and personally. You all need to get your facts straight before plastering cruel and hurtful remarks about someone over the internet. It’s clear to see that you all are very angry and unhappy people that have nothing better to do than to knock someone down….someone that has only gone out of their way to accommodate and service people/students like you over the last 10 years. Dave is an honest, caring, personable guy and has taken each one of these attacks very personally. I’m sure that if Dave were to pull each one of your child’s Driving Record file, it would reflect how Dave has gone over and beyond the call of duty to accommodate YOU or your child’s every changing family schedule or personal situation. Dave’s ultimate goal has always been to teach good, safe driving skills to new drivers. Dave not only truly enjoys working with each student (from teens through adults), in both classroom and behind-the-wheel, but also cares about each and every one of his students, and wants them to succeed, not only with his program, but as individuals in the community. He has gone out of his way to accommodate many different family situations and changes that have occurred DAILY in YOUR lives.
After doing my research, and speaking with several parents around the community, I decided with Destination Driving School for my children’s driving instruction because of its 10 year reputation of providing both top quality service, and caring, compassionate and professional instructors……..…… NOT for the money rebate. You’ve all obviously chose to enroll your children for a completely different reason-----money. I, too, have not received my rebate in the mail yet, but what’s more important to me is knowing that my children have received excellent instruction in a fun learning environment, and are now safe & confident new drivers out on the roads today.
We’ve all been affected in some unfortunate way by the downfall of the economy, and neither Destination Driving School nor Dave has been excluded from that affect. Due to the economy and a poor business decision, it’s been extremely difficult for the school to follow through, in a timely matter, its gracious commitment of a rebate back to the student. I say the STUDENT, not the parent, because it’s the STUDENT that’s entitled to the rebate. It’s easy for you all to hide behind a ‘screen name’ and criticize and make horrible remarks about this situation, verbal attacks on an individual, but if you were man/woman enough to post your real names, I can be certain that you are NOT all perfect individuals, and you, too have made poor decisions in the past, and your names appear in CCAP, too, for one reason or another. It’s a fact.
But Dave IS a man of his word. I personally guarantee that each student will receive the rebate entitled to them, in the appropriate amount. Dave continues to issue rebates as funds slowly become available. It’s been a slow process, and he has already issued 10’s of thousands of dollars in rebates to this date. I know that Dave will survive this difficult time, and he will come out an even stronger, wiser, and better human being in the end…..the type of human being that only you nasty, selfish, and heartless individuals can only dream of ever being.
past parent and friend

Neenah, WI

#17 Sep 20, 2009
Perhaps before you become so enthralled with the wonderful side of Dave and commend his honesty and integrity, you should go to wicourts.gov and educate yourself to the other side of this man. His wife is not dead, she left him a year ago because of his behavior. On the outside, he seems to be a great guy. Yes, he was a good instructor. My child easily passed the state test and got his license. However, the downside to this individual far outweighs the good.
knows better

Waupaca, WI

#18 Oct 10, 2009
Past Parent and Friend has hit it right on the money. The "good person" in Green Bay clearly hasn't been burned by the good-and-gracious Dave...YET. He's not who or what he appears to be.
past parent and friend

Neenah, WI

#19 Oct 10, 2009
I think that there is only one person in the entire world that would think of Dave as a "good person" like Green Bay - and that's Dave himself...
I am 15 years old

Jamaica, NY

#20 Oct 31, 2009
My story is the same as the rest of yours,so i will not go into further detail. But let me warn any other persons who may think that this Dave is a nice guy, believe me, he is only nice until he gets your money, then you can never get ahold of him by phone or by going to his office, like i did.
so please do not go to him for a driving course, you will only turn out to be the sorrier. Dave, you are a Fraud And a thief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oshkosh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eric D. Conner sentenced to 33 years in the Men... (Sep '10) Feb '17 Brandala182007 3
News Plea deal for two in glued penis case (Dec '09) Jan '17 Captain Phartington 41
News Four boys arrested in Menasha garage hopping (Jul '08) Dec '16 CaliforniaBoy 4
News Hoffmaster closing Appleton site, cutting 300 jobs (May '08) Dec '16 JPB 9
Frankie hallberg Nov '16 Jenifer 1
News Birthday wishes coming in from all over the cou... Oct '16 jeanasp 2
Oshkosh's African-American Community (Mar '08) Sep '16 know your place 23

Oshkosh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oshkosh Mortgages