Spending down, but taxes up in Oshkos...

Spending down, but taxes up in Oshkosh school budget proposal

There are 3 comments on the Oshkosh Northwestern story from Jul 15, 2011, titled Spending down, but taxes up in Oshkosh school budget proposal. In it, Oshkosh Northwestern reports that:

Spending down, but taxes up in Oshkosh school budget proposal Comments Oshkosh school district proposed 2011-12 budget Total spending: $112 million, down 6 percent from $120 million in 2010-11. Tax Levy: $42 million, up 6 percent from $41 million in 2010-11 Tax Rate: $8.85 per $1,000 of equalized property value, up 2.6 percent from $8.63 in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oshkosh Northwestern.

Oshkosh, WI

#1 Jul 15, 2011
Anytime debt is reduced is good. Accelerating
debt payments from three years done to one means
interest cash is money saved.

I'm not crazy about any tax increase in a deep recession, though. That amount of prop tax increase,
will translate into a few local jobs disappearing...poor casualties of the times.

Distressed business will not be paying that prop tax
increase at all....they WILL take it out of some employee's pocket. They always do.
AND then they make the remaining employees work harder and longer.(Another bunch of casualties
of the times.)

So, when the federal gov republicans demand NO NEW TAXES,
and the dem party insists that this means that the rich aren't paying their share...well
understand this:

When taxes are raised, the low man on the pole gets
the hack. Republicans ARE thinking about the little guy when they say NO NEW TAXES...'cause the rich just take any new tax out of the poor guy's hide.

Oshkosh, WI

#2 Jul 16, 2011
I've got another comment about this tax increase:

The lottery credit can only be "reabsorbed" by so many fractions of the property tax bill.

Now, if the school district gets it all slide over to their camp, that should mean then that the tech school and the city or townships can't slide any into their coffers without people actually realizing cash-out-of-pocket's net effect.

I'm pleased that the state did the very difficult job of not only saving Wis from tax increase across the board, but also put the future finances in order. There was no kicking the can down the road in Wisconsin, unlike Delaware and a host of other states led by democrats.

Times are tough, totally tough. And Wisconsin will get through this better than most.

Good job Hopper~! Good job Walker! I'd vote for you any day in a flash!

Oshkosh, WI

#3 Jul 16, 2011
And now my comment about Jessica King:

I view her as a rubber stamp for the beginning of communism.

Recently, on the federal level, Obama signed the Dodd-Frank law into being. It was suppose to stop any future crash like what just happened, however, it doesn't do that. Read any blog anywhere and you'll see that no one expects this legislation to do the job. Even Dodd and Frank say this.

So, why did the law become law? Because the liberal left wanted CFPB to come into being.
It is the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
that basically states that now the government has the right to have an office in banks, and dictate what banks can and cannot do. The CFPB will issue regulations without any Congressional oversight all on their own and have the power to make banks lives a living hell if they move in any way different from what the CFPB says that they can move.

The bad thing about the CFPB, is that Washington liberals are calling this agency a model, or format agency. That means communism is on its way into our country if these democrats are not reigned in.

I think Wisconsin in this state senate district has a very great opportunity to tell the liberal outsiders who are flooding our recall elections with cash to upset democracy in our state, to regain powerful, cash-flush control of us....we need to send them a message....a loud message:

This is a democratic country and state...not communistic!
The will of the American majority will not be silenced! The Dodd-Frank will be repealed!

I think poor Jessica King should receive this message directly as a very active member of the liberal left with a total, smashing defeat on August 9th! Voicing your opinion starts at the curb and migrated up to Washington.

If you love America...if you love your state....then you should rise up and speak for democracy in total action.

Don't vote for King. Don't rubber stamp communism in the making.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oshkosh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winnebago Mental Health Institute plagued by ne... (Sep '07) Sep '17 BellaL0213 58
Darcy at KC Aug '17 Droke Road Rat Man 3
Aurora Clinic in Neenah (Oct '07) Jun '17 Dan 19
News Eric D. Conner sentenced to 33 years in the Men... (Sep '10) Feb '17 Brandala182007 3
News Plea deal for two in glued penis case (Dec '09) Jan '17 Captain Phartington 41
News Four boys arrested in Menasha garage hopping (Jul '08) Dec '16 CaliforniaBoy 4
News Hoffmaster closing Appleton site, cutting 300 jobs (May '08) Dec '16 JPB 9

Oshkosh Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oshkosh Mortgages