Wolves on Oscoda's Seven Mile Hill?

Wolves on Oscoda's Seven Mile Hill?

There are 10 comments on the Oscoda Press story from Mar 7, 2006, titled Wolves on Oscoda's Seven Mile Hill?. In it, Oscoda Press reports that:

WOLF TRACKS? - Oscoda's Shirley Sharick said she came face to face with two gray wolves in her Seven Mile Hill backyard on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oscoda Press.

Rosemary and Don Jack

Auburn Hills, MI

#1 Mar 10, 2006
Dear Editor, The lady seeing wolves on Bissonette Rd., this week is not seeing dogs as DNR suggests. As lifelong residents on Bissonette Rd. my husband and I seen a wolf in the middle of Bissonette Rd., two years ago, in late winter. It was four miles west of her sighting. We took photos of wolf tracks last fall on a fireline to the north of our home,two miles away. We seen where a pair of them tore the fireline up considerably after a rain, while the road was still damp and Don got good photos and matched them to wolf tracks on internet. Other neighbors have also seen them, so it is no secret. A hunter from Alcona county told of seeing them in that area, also. The DNR won't admit to cougar, sightings either, and many of us have seen them in this area. The people should be aware of these facts for theirs and their childrens protection. Our Govt., agencies seem to have the same aversions to the truth that our current Administration has. Thanks, Rosemary and Don Jack 440 Bissonette Rd., Oscoda, Mi.
Rick St Peter

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 9, 2006
Just found this site. I too have seen a wolf on my property near Poorfarm rd. It was Nov. 2002.
Shirley Moore

Novi, MI

#3 Apr 13, 2007
I haven't seen any wolves as of yet, but I HAVE seen Bob-cat the size of my standard poodle many times. I did not know that they grew that big. I have to say that I was mesmerized by their size here.
Carrie Moore

Oscoda, MI

#4 Apr 29, 2007
I have seen wolves, I've chased them from my yard last year, and a pack had devoured my childrens rabbits, and the neighbors pet duck down the road. And this was in chippewa landing of Oscoda. So yes, we have wolves!!
Philip lincoln mi

United States

#5 Jun 19, 2011
I now that is what I saw
Out In The Tundra

Oscoda, MI

#6 Jun 20, 2011
Well, I've seen coyotes near the city limits. Many of my neighbors have seen them also, heading down towards the Villages of Oscoda. Saw a DNR truck parked outside Glens last fall with a coyote cage/trap in the backbed. Must be a problem, just not letting residents know. The DNR should at least issue a warning, for public safety, saying these animals have been spotted or seen in the area. Come on, now.
poacher

Swartz Creek, MI

#7 Jul 25, 2011
call jennifer at the atlanta field office, shes' in charge of documenting wolves in the lower pen. the d.n.r. doesnt deny wolves in the lower. there are wolves in the wilderness state park, douglas lake area, black mtn north of onaway and pigeon river area all documented by the d.n.r.
tawassailor

Lubbock, TX

#8 Jul 26, 2011
the DNR has been hiding the wolf pack for a number of years, including the others like bobcat and cougars.

Years ago I saw a wolf west of Marquette Michigan in the UP and the DNR officer looked at me and stated there were no wolves in the UP or lower.

a few years later I saw the wolf on display in St Ignace Welcome station on the north side of the Mac Bridge, that had been hit on I-75. It was hit 2 years before I reported my sightings to the DNR.

so they do lie. Wolves do exist in the lower. Bobcats on Tawas Point (screaming in my backyard during mating in 1993, etc, etc, etc.

Also, could be wolf / malemute mixes that were lost years ago. There was a family south of Tawas that had a 100% Alaskan Timberwolf for breeding purposes that they let roam.

the coyotes are far more dangerous to dogs and kids. Wolves normally shy away from people. If one approaches you, you've got bigger issues than the lies of government.
Nick

Alpena, MI

#9 Dec 9, 2011
wolf and cougars.. as far east as lixey fish market.
wolves i've seen in the neighborhood of lakewood shores many times. behind the base too.
why is dnr hiding them any one know why?
Philip lincoln mi

United States

#10 Dec 11, 2011
Do not know maybe to protect us or them who knows

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Info on Christine Beardsley (Jan '12) Aug 31 Daisy123 77
Lakewood Shores (May '08) Jul '15 Fire4effect 25
wishing (Oct '14) Jul '15 Anonymous 2
Please help me score in Oscoda. Jul '15 Anonymous 1
Thomas Benjamin - Designer - Hale - DO NOT USE (Nov '07) Jun '15 old house lover 6
Houses or Apartments for Rent in East Tawas? (Aug '07) Jun '15 WeTheSheeple 17
Debate: Gay Marriage - Tawas City, MI (Jul '10) Apr '15 salemblack1980 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oscoda Mortgages