Michigan Saves - alternative energy incentives, etc.

Posted in the Oscoda Forum

chiliman

Dearborn, MI

#1 Aug 21, 2009
All,

The State of Michigan is beginning a program to utilize some stimulus funds in order to provide Alternative Energy resources to Michigan.

The formulization of a plan is beginning next week in the form of an Advisory Committee.

The first meeting is in Lansing but there is also a Webinar and you can listen to the meeting via a Toll-free number. The Webinar will allow you to see the presentation material via the internet (high-speed recommended).

Here is the link for more information including the webinar information:

www.michigansaves.org

The lovely 'Mama' and I will be attending the meeting in person.

If you have any interest in lowering your electric or hot-water heating bills I urge you to participate.

As individuals we will be the ONLY representation residents will have in this planning process.

You can bet the Utilities will attempt to control the process. Without active participation by the citizenry Michigan Saves will definitely favor the Utilities.

If you cannot attend but would like to have some areas of information clarified, I will try to get answers if you just post them here or at http://www.infonortheast.com/forums/ .

Please be aware this is the first meeting so I do not believe the discussion will get into much detail.
Oscodadreamer

Oscoda, MI

#2 Aug 21, 2009
I'll have to put that on my calendar and try to make it. Have done the webinars before. It's a useful tool
Interested

Oscoda, MI

#3 Aug 29, 2009
Chiliman promoted this and was planning to attend in person, are there any impressions of the August 26 event to share?
chiliman

Oscoda, MI

#4 Aug 29, 2009
This is in the earliest stage.

It seemed that there were only 2 home owners in attendance (at least as far as I could tell).

The Web page will contain opportunity for anyone to participate in the Advisory Group.

If homeowners do not participate, the Business Owners and Utilities will get to frame this program. It is unlikely it will then be in the best interest of the consumer.

What was covered was programs in other localities and the methods with which repayment ocurred as a basis for discussion.

There will be additional meetings of the Advisors (that can be any of us) with a fairly aggressive time frame (end of year 2009).

There is a realization that there are at least three general categories to be considered:
1. Institutional (Hospitals, Government, Schools, etc.).
2. Business (including landlords).
3. Residential

Within these categories are likely to be at least 3 groups of potential product:

1. Appliances
2. HVAC and audited improvements (recommended as a result of an energy audit).
3. Alternative energy (wind, solar, etc.).

NONE of the above has been decided nor have the goals of this program. That will be a result of the work done by the advisors followed by a review.

There will be legislative and legal support available to assure the plan is sound legally and has a good opportunity to be legislatively acceptable.

There is also support for assuring the economic viablity of the Advisor's proposal.

I intend to continue working in this effort because I believe this can be a very good thing for the citizens of Michigan but I also believe that unless citizens are involved this could end up not being as attractive.

I hope other residential homeowners will join in the early process.
chiliman

Tawas City, MI

#5 Jul 21, 2010
COntractors in the Oscoda area.

This is beginning to move forward. Right now it is only the lower 1/3 of the state but early 2011 will see expansion.

This is an opportunity you may not want to miss. This is definitely the way of the future and the state and federal Government together are providing gthe incentives along with Michigan Companies.

If you want to get involved as a contractor go here and check this out:

http://www.michigansaves.org/contractors.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wishing Oct 8 tawaseast 1
mcardle PC DEN Sep 26 Mc Ardles PC Den 1
unlicensed mechanics Sep '14 maattd2345 1
Oscoda Historical Museum Sep '14 Out of town visitor 1
Travis Sanitation (Oct '08) Sep '14 Disgruntled 23
Debate: Gay Marriage - Tawas City, MI (Jul '10) Aug '14 SheepForSale 22
Oscoda Villages Forum (Aug '11) Aug '14 lookin to buy 29
Oscoda Dating
Find my Match

Oscoda Jobs