Accident at Glens in Oscoda
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Teacher

Alpena, MI

#41 Jan 3, 2010
OscodaGirl wrote:
Does anyone know if there has been a memorial fund or some kind set up in case the family needs anything?...Please let us know on the forum here...thanks
Any funds could be sent to Lincoln Elementary School in Alpena. They would be able to get the funds to her. I don't know of anything else at this point.
Teacher

Alpena, MI

#42 Jan 3, 2010
My husband and I saw Myranda this past weekend. She was moved out of ICU and appears to be doing well. She underwent many surgeries, and it will be a long road to haul, but with God all things are possible and I'm sure she will make a recovery. She still does not know about her sister, which will be something else she will have to face when she is better able to cope with the knowledge. Keep her in your prayers.
Praying For All

Oscoda, MI

#43 Jan 5, 2010
She still does not know about her sister?! Did Kayla have her funeral yet? What is going on with the investigation? Any charges going to be brought on the woman that hit the kids? I've heard she is the mother, or mother-in-law, of the Alcona County Sheriff. Will THAT sway any legal decisions on her part?
amber

Traverse City, MI

#44 Jan 8, 2010
OscodaGirl wrote:
Does anyone know if there has been a memorial fund or some kind set up in case the family needs anything?...Please let us know on the forum here...thanks
if you would like to donate anything to the family you can go to oscoda mcdonalds and ask for cara ash..
amber

Traverse City, MI

#45 Jan 8, 2010
0sc0da 0bserver wrote:
Maybe a rumor but I just heard the 9 year old died of her injuries!
no she did not die.. she is in the hospital still
glad to hear

Huntington, IN

#46 Jan 28, 2010
I heard that ther is a fund raiser on Feb. 13 But that is all i konw! I ALSO HEARD THE 9 yr old is home but can't talk . I am glad she is doing well. I am sure she has a long road ahead of her.
Just Dropping In

Oscoda, MI

#50 Feb 10, 2010
Does anybody know the driver of the car that hit these girls? What's the update on that? Many years ago I drove a GM vehicle that would not stop, kept going faster, because the gas peddle got stuck. Luckily it happened on a not-so-busy road. Sort of like what is happening with the Toyotas today.
chiliman

Dearborn, MI

#51 Feb 14, 2010
I was unable to attend the Spaghetti Dinner benefit for the family.

My life mate and a friend of hers did go (I sent my money with them) and reported the Spaghetti was excellent and the whole event was well run.

They thought it was pretty well attended although they were there pretty early.

I hope a good amount of money was raised.

Kudos to the VFW of Mikado and the folks who put on the benefit.

Please report here if anyone knows of any additional help is being made available to the family.
FiveofFive

Oscoda, MI

#52 Feb 14, 2010
The Jokers MC ran the benefit from start to finish, including cleanup. What a great club and the wives all picthed in to make it happen for that family. Thank you Jokers MC and Freinds.
worried

Ann Arbor, MI

#53 Mar 12, 2010
im so sryy
Jesslynn Bleau

Alpena, MI

#54 Mar 17, 2010
umm excuse me but it was also me and not just Brittany but it was also her to... and i am Kayla's cousin, abd Brittany is one of her close friends.
jesslynn bleau

Alpena, MI

#55 Dec 17, 2010
please tell ur sister thankyou so much for giving my cousin cpr untill help could come. THis is a true hero, even though it'll be a whole yr on december 19th since the horrible accident i thank you all for all your support, they say time heals everything and slowly it is healing us all. so much tears came out of me and so many others this yr. and it has been so hard. Myranda is so much better no more surgeries for a while:) she has her older sister watching out for her. myranda will be able to see people this christmas, she nvr got to see last yr's christmas:(
AaLiyah Nicole

Alpena, MI

#56 Dec 20, 2010
I wanted to say thank you for everyone who prayed for the family, along with the women who hit the children. no one was to blame for this accident, and i know kayla wouldnt want people to be blamed. i saw myranda the other day, she goes to school with my little brother. she is doing wonderful, shes such a bright little girl, the most beautiful person i know. yesterday was one year since we lost kayla..its a rough time for everyone, but shes up there watching over us, and guiding myranda through her recovery. i know everyone is still grieving, but it gets easier with time. especially losing someone who was so loved. i went to elementry school with kayla seeing as she was only a couple years younger than me. she was always such a happy person, and she was nice to everyone. i know that not a day goes by that i dont think about kayla or myranda. and i wish i could have seen her before she died, and i was sooo happy to see myranda, an know she was doing well. and as my mom says we shouldnt always be sad for kayla because she wouldnt want that, she would want people to know shes okay now, and shes with us everyday, even though its okay to cry every once in a while, just remember the happy times you had with her, and if you didnt personally know her, then just know she led a very happy life, and she did what she was put on this earth to do, otherwise god wouldnt have taken her so soon. he took her to help myranda heal. and to give everyone a guardian angel. we will always love and miss you kayla lin. forever and always babygirl.
xoxo. going to see you in a little bit babygirl. so much lovee.--AaLiyah. <33

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Info on Christine Beardsley (Jan '12) Mon Worried 86
Please help me score in Oscoda. (Jul '15) Jan '17 You know it 3
looking for advice on renting (Aug '14) Jan '17 Bet you didnt know 2
huffing (Feb '10) Jan '17 Yes 3
unlicensed mechanics (Sep '14) Jan '17 Yes 3
Clear copy of letter to the editor from Ken Hub... (Feb '11) Nov '16 Sage 13
Thomas Benjamin - Designer - Hale - DO NOT USE (Nov '07) Sep '16 Michael 9

Oscoda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance