Accident at Glens in Oscoda

Posted in the Oscoda Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
OscodaGirl

Oscoda, MI

#1 Dec 19, 2009
My families hearts and prayers go out to the family who was involved in the accident at Glens...no reason this should have happened...please let the family know we're all praying for them...God Bless
Hayes

Oscoda, MI

#2 Dec 19, 2009
Oscoda Police say twelve year old has past away and two other children have been hospitalized. We will pray for the families and friends that have been involved in this incident. It is a great loss to many and we will pray that god will take care of everything. It is in his hands. God Bless too.
OscodaGirl

Oscoda, MI

#3 Dec 19, 2009
What exactly happened?...All I heard is that someone put their car in reverse instead of drive or vice versa...and hit the kids as they were sitting on the bench in front of Glens...
Mitchell

Oscoda, MI

#4 Dec 20, 2009
What a tragedy! My prayers to the families and the community. This is so sad especially during a holiday season. Does anyone know the names of the families. Even though I have had many tragic experiences this year. I am greatful for what I have/ GOD BLESS!
What Happened

Oscoda, MI

#5 Dec 20, 2009
From WNEM TV NEWS

Grocery Store Crash Kills Child, Injures 2
9-Year-Old Victim Airlifted From Scene

POSTED: 9:23 pm EST December 19, 2009
UPDATED: 9:30 pm EST December 19, 2009

OSCODA, Mich.-- Oscoda Township police said a 12-year-old girl was killed and two other children were hospitalized after a car struck them at a grocery store parking lot.

According to police, the crash occurred shortly before 2 p.m. Saturday at the Glen's Market in Oscoda.

Police said a woman was backing out of a parking spot when she hit the three children. The 12-year-old had been pushing a cart with a 2-year-old boy inside, and a 9-year-old girl was also struck.

Police said the tot suffered non-life threatening injuries, but the 9-year-old girl was airlifted from the scene. Police described her injuries as severe.

The names of the victims have not been released, and so far no charges have been filed.
the lindsay family

Oscoda, MI

#6 Dec 20, 2009
We are sending our prayers and heart to all, may the lord help hold you all up in this need of comfort! I could not imagine . god bless you
OscodaGirl

Oscoda, MI

#7 Dec 20, 2009
Does anyone know if there has been a memorial fund or some kind set up in case the family needs anything?...Please let us know on the forum here...thanks
JeaniK

Deckerville, MI

#8 Dec 20, 2009
What a tragedy. Our prayers are with the families and also with the person who struck the children.
0sc0da 0bserver

Oscoda, MI

#9 Dec 20, 2009
Maybe a rumor but I just heard the 9 year old died of her injuries!
0sc0da 0bserver

Oscoda, MI

#10 Dec 20, 2009
And the families will be in our Prayers too!
Alpena

Alpena, MI

#11 Dec 20, 2009
Those who are asking the young girl that died was from Alpena, her name was Kayla Paad. I don't have information about the other children yet. Please keep the family in your prayers.
Jesslynn-brittan y

Alpena, MI

#12 Dec 20, 2009
Thank you for all your support! We are really having a rough time with all this mess. We are all so very grateful for people like you out there. These are my cousins, kayla paad the (12) year old, and miranda paad the (9) year old. They were walking out of glen's grocery store while a lady trying to go forward ended up backing up into kayla paad and Miranda paad. Kayla paad was crushed into the store's wall.She did not die instantly, she was air lifted and then she was bleeding internaly in the organs. Kayla passed away in the helecopter, while trying to get help. Miranda was by Kayla's side and was also hit by the moving vehicle. Miranda is not doing so well, she was also air lifted to tawas hospital and then recently air lifted to U of M in Ann Arbor. She has many broken bones in her face and her splein was also broken,and also in acolma, Miranda is also suffering with internal bleeding and they are currently trying to stop this. The funeral arrangements are not being made untill they find out what is going to happen with litle Ms. Miranda Paad. We will all be thinking of Kayla and the life she could of had. Kayla was a amazing girl she was a close relitive and really close friend of ours. Kayla will always be remember and always thought of by all of our thankfull people. We are also hoping that Miranda Paad will make it through all of this. If we find further information we will try to let you curious people out there know whats going on. Take care and watch your children around cars, just to be careful. KeepKayla in your prayers cause she will be in ours.
Sincerely..kayla paads close friends,
Brittany & Jesslynn<3
OscodaGirl

Oscoda, MI

#13 Dec 20, 2009
Thank you Brittany and Jesslynn for letting us know what happened and how Miranda is doing...our family as well as many others will be praying for her...I understand there was also a little boy...brother?...that was hurt...is he ok?...
Please accept mine and other families condolences for the loss of Kayla...she is with God now and in no pain...I have older children and grandchildren who live here in Oscoda...and we will definitely watch closer when we come and go from Glens...please take care and God Bless and let the family know that many people here in Oscoda and around the communities are thinking and praying for them...
Praying For All

Oscoda, MI

#14 Dec 21, 2009
Brittany & Jesslynn, thank you for keeping us informed. My heart goes out to the family and friends of these girls. Such a tragic event, and right before Christmas. If a fund becomes available for the family, I would love to know so I can help.

My prayers are also for the woman that accidentally hit them. The pain must be unbearable and excruciating. I wish I could give her a hug and tell her I know it was not on purpose that she hit that the children.

I really wish there is something I could do to help everyone involved. My heart breaks for all involved.
Florance Paad Johnson

Lincolnton, NC

#15 Dec 21, 2009
We are hurting for you and are keeping prayers going for Miranda. There are no words that can ease the pain Kayla's family and friends are experiencing. My heart goes out to you all.
OscodaGirl

Oscoda, MI

#16 Dec 21, 2009
Please start a prayer chain for this family...please post a prayer on here for all the family and friends...may they be blessed by God...
David

Higgins Lake, MI

#17 Dec 21, 2009
I was one of the First Responder who took care of them, and I would like to thank Britanny for the up date. If you would be so kind as to update me on my email so I could let other responders and the hospital staff know It would be greatly appreciated kammda@yahoo.com
Thanks David EMT-P
OscodaGirl

Oscoda, MI

#18 Dec 21, 2009
David please check email ...thanks...
Jan

Owosso, MI

#19 Dec 21, 2009
So sad to hear about this.
Prayers to all involved.
Concerned

Alpena, MI

#20 Dec 21, 2009
any carepage set up for Miranda

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oscoda Villages Forum (Aug '11) 15 hr bobby's friend 34
Looking to rent Oct 22 tawaeast 1
looking to rent Oct 22 tawaeast 1
wishing Oct 8 tawaseast 1
mcardle PC DEN Sep '14 Mc Ardles PC Den 1
unlicensed mechanics Sep '14 maattd2345 1
Oscoda Historical Museum Sep '14 Out of town visitor 1
Oscoda Dating
Find my Match

Oscoda People Search