No Christmas bonus for Cooper standard employee's

Posted in the Oscoda Forum

CWM

Saginaw, MI

#1 Nov 25, 2008
After many years of service at the Higbie Baylock-ITT Higbie Baylock-ITT Automotive - and Now Cooper Standard. The Oscoda Plant Manager thinks it would be better for the company if Christmas bonuses where not paid out this year. I no a lot of company's are doing this now days but I never thought this would happen to us. Many Family's depend on this bonus. Not only dose it hurt the family's it also hurts the economy. Yet Cooper Standard is able to sponsor so many local activity's and make large donations to local organizations. But we the employee's the one's who do all the hard work and make the company all of there money are the one's that suffer.
To all of the Cooper Standard Management I wish you a Merry Christmas.
Oscodadreamer

Eau Claire, WI

#2 Nov 25, 2008
CWM wrote:
...Yet Cooper Standard is able to sponsor so many local activity's and make large donations to local organizations. But we the employee's the one's who do all the hard work and make the company all of there money are the one's that suffer.
I believe those sponsorships and donations are either write offs or tax deductable. Different catagory altogether. Sorry to hear things are tight.
Tawas Guy

Eau Claire, WI

#3 Nov 25, 2008
I've heard there have been a lot of issues with the mgmt there, one of the mgr's was given a promotion to a different plant but wouldn't go and lots of problems with the mgmt not getting product out on time. In fact I even heard rumors of the plant closing. Really it's a good time to be thankful to have a job.
cwm

Saginaw, MI

#4 Nov 25, 2008
I am very thankful to have my job . But am also very saddened to no that our plant manager would rather get his picture in the paper giving away thousands of dollars trying to make the community think he's some kind of saint and then treat his employees like crap and take away everything we ever gained. We used to get a turkey for Thanks giving and a ham for Christmas and also got our Christmas bonus. Now we get 30.00 Walmart gift card for T/G,xmass and maybe get your kids a yoyo. We also got a seniority bonus ever year when your anniversary day came around. Ill be surprised if we get that next year. Its all about making himself look good for corp.
L in Oscoda

Eau Claire, WI

#5 Nov 28, 2008
Sponsorships & Donations are a tax write off and in a completely different aspect of managing the company.

Fact is many people across the nation are not getting a bonus, turkey or anything else. We're in a recession. If we keep going in the direction we've been going we'll be in a depression. Count your blessings. It can and most likely will get worse.
ted

Grand Rapids, MN

#6 Dec 6, 2008
"GET OUT OF MICHIGAN, FAST!!! I did and im not looking back. i will buy u a shovel and u start digging(since ur laidoff anyway). dig 6 ft or so. jump in and let the next laidoff worker bury u. michigan is running out of unemployment funds and jobs. Have a good day!
The Watcher

Eau Claire, WI

#7 Dec 6, 2008
The question: Is Management also not getting bonuses of any kind in these tough economic times? The concept of shared sacrifice is not understood above a certain level. Look at Congress, have you ever heard of Congress taking pay cuts, or benefit cuts? But the people who pay their wages, YOU & ME, we're supposed to take retirement and benefit hits. Time has come for a restructuring plan for Congress.
I understand your confusion regarding the company's charitable work. Seems to me that the first thing the company can do is take care of employees on an equal basis. Bonuses shouldn't even be in the mix but rather a living wage and health care.
ted

Grand Rapids, MN

#8 Dec 6, 2008
Two words: BIG OIL- Made zillions while the hard working people suffered and sacrificed.Gas was $4,$5 and $6 in some areas. BIG OIL started this crisis and the housing crisis followed. Then crops went sky high. Now GAS is down around $2. But is to late. Congress(oil -mongers) runs this country not the President(Bush oil-monger).Everthing went up as gas went up, gas is down and everything stayed up.It does not take brains to figure out when something (gas,housing,food) increases 4, 5 ,6 fold the average family will collapes. Congress does not care( they are millionaires) it does not affect their bottom line. You and I got blind-sided. Congress handed us the shovel and we dug our own grave."In God We Trust" and In GREED we will fall!! Everyone is complaining, but nothing about BIG OIL!!!!!!!!!!Every Congressman or Representative who recieved a penny from BIG OIL should be voted out and fast. Obama can talk till he turns black and blue. He first has to get by Congress. Oh The Big 3, have each and every CEO and white collar glass ceiling type payback all the bonuses they recieved over the years. That should cover their debt. State and Govt workers dont get layoffs, but yet they are telling the unemployed their at risk of running out of unemployment funds. Wellcome to the divide States of America(the rich get richer and the poor suffer)Have a nice day!!!
ted

Grand Rapids, MN

#9 Dec 6, 2008
Oh, management is just a tool.They will tell the workers what they want to hear to keep them happy.Trust me when the Boss meets with management only, they blow sunshine up each others #%$@s, pats on the backs and big fat bonuses for their already fat bank accounts. The little guy gets a shovel, the glass ceiling get coated in gold!
ted

Grand Rapids, MN

#10 Dec 6, 2008
CWM wrote:
After many years of service at the Higbie Baylock-ITT Higbie Baylock-ITT Automotive - and Now Cooper Standard. The Oscoda Plant Manager thinks it would be better for the company if Christmas bonuses where not paid out this year. I no a lot of company's are doing this now days but I never thought this would happen to us. Many Family's depend on this bonus. Not only dose it hurt the family's it also hurts the economy. Yet Cooper Standard is able to sponsor so many local activity's and make large donations to local organizations. But we the employee's the one's who do all the hard work and make the company all of there money are the one's that suffer.
I just read this gentlemans statement. Read Teds statements , 2 above, thanks.
GlennieGranny

United States

#11 Dec 6, 2008
So sad so many people losing homes ,jobs (Christmas Bonuses)On a positive note , Think (fill er up) gotta love these gas prices
cooper man

Mount Sterling, KY

#12 Oct 3, 2010
we got a bonus if the company made money we never did get a christmas bonus,no turkey for thanksgiving only got a ham for christmas and no seniority bonus just a book that you can order a knife or somekinda item out of it sounds like you guys had it good ,be glad you don't work at the Mount Sterling plant they make you do work of 3 or 4 people even empty your on trash cans how hard up are they now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sue Burnelle Jan '15 Stranger 1
Tawas captured in beautiful photography! Jan '15 Carolyn 1
food!!!! (Jan '12) Jan '15 Sarah J 4
DONT buy a house in Au Sable township! (May '13) Jan '15 light house 11
Greed in the Community Center Dec '14 Local 1
Thomas Benjamin - Designer - Hale - DO NOT USE (Nov '07) Dec '14 Michael 5
Review: MR. Heat Nov '14 Spar10 1
Oscoda Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web