Oscoda Press discussion board is back!!
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Pam

New York, NY

#62 Apr 10, 2008
The hills would have to be man-made, like Mount Holly in Holly, MI. There are plenty of spaces within the outer parts of Oscoda that could work out. We could add a sledding hill within the ski area and/or a taboggan (sp?) run like the Fridge in Oakland County.
masart

United States

#63 Apr 10, 2008
ah the ole trash hills yes. Slounds like a fun activity for the family whill visiting grandma in au gres.
Pam

New York, NY

#64 Apr 10, 2008
I don't see anything is the above comment about "trash hills". You may want to read it again.
the guy who moved away

Tucson, AZ

#65 Apr 10, 2008
We already have a sled hill. What do you think the snow box derby is run on?
Pam

New York, NY

#66 Apr 10, 2008
Ouch, try not to be so rude! Sorry, I forgot about that one. Where is it exactly?
the guy who moved away

Tucson, AZ

#67 Apr 10, 2008
Near Old Orchard if I remember right.
Lonny

East Lansing, MI

#68 Aug 26, 2010
You have way more problems than that,.....Get rid of your board...
Plain

United States

#69 Mar 6, 2018
Pam wrote:
Does anyone remember Golden Arrow Riding Stables? It was just down the road from the old Indian Church on County Line Road. I know it closed up, but I'm curios as to what happened to the horses. As a teenager, I was there almost every day riding Ginger my favorite horse. I'm on a hunt for any info I can find because I was thinking of putting together an article about the old stable and it's history for the Oscoda Press. Thanks!
My sister and I just talked about this place. We rode there as kids also. Wasn't there a horse rescue there for awhile a couple of years ago? Would be nice to hear history and see pictures of the place while in business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is Cherita Thomas? Jun 16 Jeff 1
Clear copy of letter to the editor from Ken Hub... (Feb '11) Apr '18 GeorgeB 16
wkbk channel 11 Alpena (Jan '10) Apr '18 Lee 11
Lakewood Shores (May '08) Feb '18 Riverrat 26
News Letter: Question that begs our attention, actio... (Mar '12) Feb '18 Riverrat 9
Oscoda business updates? Feb '18 Andrew 1
Speedway Quick Stop- Service & Prices (Dec '12) Feb '18 MI_UP fan 4

Oscoda Jobs

Personal Finance

Oscoda Mortgages