Old Fashioned n Loving It

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2010
This morning I was watching the local news, as I do every morning. In-between the weather, politics, sports and tons of commercials (which is what all the news media cover more than local news) they happen to throw in this Dentist from somewhere, who is buying childrens Trick or Treats for $1 a lb; stating he was helping fight against cavities and obesity. Oh really? This is a once a yr activity for kids. Why take the fun out of it? How many cavities and weight can they gain once a year? Give the parents credit for having enough common sense as to how much candy they allow their kids to ingest. Left wingers seem to always feel a need to find a cause they feel they need to stand up for. Store employees being given orders not to wish customers 'Merry Christmas' and are informed to say 'Seasons Greetings' instead? No Nativity scenes on state and city property? Men marrying men? Women marrying women? What the hell is our country coming to?
0sc0da 0bserver

Oscoda, MI

#2 Oct 30, 2010
Old Fashioned n Loving It wrote:
This morning I was watching the local news, they happen to throw in this Dentist from somewhere, who is buying children's Trick or Treats for $1 a lb; stating he was helping fight against cavities and obesity. How many cavities and weight can they gain once a year? Give the parents credit for having enough common sense as to how much candy they allow their kids to ingest. Left wingers seem to always feel a need to find a cause they feel they need to stand up for.
I agree parents should have enough common sense but kids don't eat or need to eat all the candy they collect. A dentist in Tawas was buying candy similar to the one you reported but he is going to send the candy he collects to OUR troops overseas I hope you can support this dentist's efforts for those kids fighting for our freedom!
Old Soldier

Auburn Hills, MI

#3 Oct 30, 2010
This morning I was watching the local news, as I do every morning. In-between the weather, politics, sports and tons of commercials (which is what all the news media cover more than local news) they happen to throw in this Dentist from somewhere, who is buying childrens Trick or Treats for $1 a lb; stating he was helping fight against cavities and obesity. Oh really? This is a once a yr activity for kids. Why take the fun out of it? How many cavities and weight can they gain once a year? Give the parents credit for having enough common sense as to how much candy they allow their kids to ingest. Left wingers seem to always feel a need to find a cause they feel they need to stand up for. Store employees being given orders not to wish customers 'Merry Christmas' and are informed to say 'Seasons Greetings' instead? No Nativity scenes on state and city property? Men marrying men? Women marrying women? What the hell is our country coming to?
It's called political correctness. Get used to it. It hasn't even scratched the surface yet.
chiliman

Tawas City, MI

#4 Oct 31, 2010
Jeesh get over yoursleves!!

Some dentists are offering to pay to assist parents in getting rid of the candy they don't want and it is a left wing consipracy or politically correct?

Get a life!!

Muskegon, MI

#5 Oct 31, 2010
0sc0da 0bserver wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree parents should have enough common sense but kids don't eat or need to eat all the candy they collect. A dentist in Tawas was buying candy similar to the one you reported but he is going to send the candy he collects to OUR troops overseas I hope you can support this dentist's efforts for those kids fighting for our freedom!
Thats great and, yes, I DO support THAT idea. I support ANY idea that will give support to our troops.

Muskegon, MI

#6 Oct 31, 2010
chiliman wrote:
Jeesh get over yoursleves!!
Some dentists are offering to pay to assist parents in getting rid of the candy they don't want and it is a left wing consipracy or politically correct?
Get a life!!
I have a life, thank you very much: And if those parents don't want the candy, then they don't have to take their kids 'Trick or Treating'. It's a choice not a mandatory decision. Maybe they should have something else to let their kids have fun on Halloween. Maybe a party in the basement or hall and pass out fruit and veggies.
Old Soldier

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 Nov 2, 2010
Left wingers seem to always feel a need to find a cause they feel they need to stand up for. Store employees being given orders not to wish customers 'Merry Christmas' and are informed to say 'Seasons Greetings' instead? No Nativity scenes on state and city property? Men marrying men? Women marrying women? What the hell is our country coming to?
I don't have a problem with the Dentist buying candy from the parents and I understand the idea. The part I was commenting on about political correctness was the last part of the message.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Travis Sanitation (Oct '08) Sat Disgruntled 23
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 12 Sybil 95
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 8 kookierecluse 122
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Debate: Gay Marriage - Tawas City, MI (Jul '10) Aug 20 SheepForSale 22
Oscoda Villages Forum (Aug '11) Aug '14 lookin to buy 29
looking for advice on renting Aug '14 new to town 1
•••
•••
•••

Oscoda Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••