Oscoda Villages Forum
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
facts not fiction

East Tawas, MI

#36 Sep 6, 2011
Four years ago a question was brought up to the board and the acc. There has been no answer to that question. Some seem to think if you ignore questions that it will go away. If they are lucky it will not be brought up again. This is why we must keep on the board and the acc. Show them we will not forget.
facts not fiction

East Tawas, MI

#38 Sep 13, 2011
As you can see no one cares about the villages. If they did they would be more involved with the place. Not even the board as they would want to try to fix the problems the villages has. Not ignore them. Thank you
facts not fiction

East Tawas, MI

#42 Sep 19, 2011
some of the residents of the village will never forgive the board or the acc for what they have done to them. We will keep on telling people just what the had done to us and have the proof to back it up. There are a lot of us. The new residents have no idea what the villages is like. sooner or later they will find out.
facts not fiction

East Tawas, MI

#43 Sep 21, 2011
Residents of the villages of Oscoda. There are survey markers in the 8000 block. It is up for sale. There is rumors around about it being a trailer park or low income housing. That could bring down the value of our homes. What is our board doing about following this problem? Is there a committee or do we need a petition? Could the villages buy this property? How could we get involved if we do not know what is going on in the villages? Are they going to put it in the news letter before it is too late to do something about it?
ETFlint

Grand Blanc, MI

#44 Sep 25, 2011
We are considering buying a property in the villages, but we have concerns to what they are going to do with the empty streets where tore down some row houses. Does anyone know? I have heard that area called the 8000 block. Thanks!
facts not fiction

East Tawas, MI

#46 Sep 26, 2011
ETFLINT As far as it goes. The property is up for sale.Now the township owns it. We in the villages can put a bid on the property. There has been residents who have expressed their concerns about this mater to the board. Years ago we voted to have it left flat of coarse, we did not own it. It is now zoned for housing. There is a lot of rumors going around about the property. There is a lot of things the board could do. Are they, that is the question. The property was to be sold years ago but a petition was passed and the person who wanted it built on said we caused a lot trouble and they changed their minds the sale did not go through. If we could pick up the property we could use it for the use of all of the residents. There is a lot who walk the streets in the 8000 area and would not want anything built on it. Thank you for asking about the villages.
Sandybone-nuts

Oxford, MI

#48 Sep 30, 2011
SandyPurins wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Seymour! Who pee'd in your cheerios?
Did the ice cream truck not stop by today?
Sandynuts is like herpes, it just keeps coming back.
Sandynutsisgay

Oxford, MI

#49 Nov 22, 2011
Sorry everyone Sandynuts got kicked out of the basement and was told to get a job by mom. He does not have enough time anymore to harrass you all anymore. If anyone would like to reach him he will be spending a lot of time at the Rainbow Club and can be reached there.
lookin to buy

Troy, MI

#50 Aug 13, 2014
Have the villages improved? I don't want to buy my retirement home in a place with so much drama? I see many places for sale, has the board improved. This post has scared me off buying there.
Out of town visitor

Oscoda, MI

#51 Oct 28, 2014
Nothing has changed. There is still double standards and rule changes. The only thing that has made a difference is we are having a lot of Kaletta employes moving in. We wanted a retirement area and got caught up in a mess. It does not feel like a retirement area any more.
Bobby

Toledo, OH

#52 Oct 28, 2014
Out of town visitor wrote:
Nothing has changed. There is still double standards and rule changes. The only thing that has made a difference is we are having a lot of Kaletta employes moving in. We wanted a retirement area and got caught up in a mess. It does not feel like a retirement area any more.
Thank God for that! Hopefully these cranky old farts move out or die off. Then maybe home values will finally go up. Go Kaletta!
light house

Oscoda, MI

#53 Oct 30, 2014
Bobby your attitude is why the values of homes is going down. Smart mouth and no respect for the elders.
bobby's brother

Toledo, OH

#54 Oct 30, 2014
light house wrote:
Bobby your attitude is why the values of homes is going down. Smart mouth and no respect for the elders.
Cranky old people have destroyed what was once a up north get away where one could relax. Then the old farts came in and complained about everything and anything. Then they started electing old farts that had the same screwed up views. If you want to live in the city than move to the city. If you want to live around a bunch of whinny old farts than move to a old fart community. Nobody here wants to listen to you whine. Even some of the old farts here say they can't stand listening to the other old farts. Stick a sock in it. What goes around comes around and you got to earn respect.
bobby's friend

Toledo, OH

#55 Oct 30, 2014
Maybe when they move out the urine smell will go away. It is really disgusting walking down the streets smelling urine. I'm also tired of seeing these ambulance come through the villages all the time. All that does is remind everybody of death. Who can have fun being reminded of that so often? I dream of a day when all these old farts are all gone and Kaletta people run the place.
light house

Oscoda, MI

#56 Oct 31, 2014
If this is the kind or workers Kaletta is hiring good luck to them. Some of see what is moving in. Disrespectful, rude , arrogant, and they seem to feel they have no responsibilities. They seem to want to play and never grow up. Just remember you will get older and want the same things the retires want. No sassy rude neighbors. As for the board and the responsibilities, why are we paying over 50,000 dollars extra on lawn crews? Think about it. Why not refund the money they are wasting? If you are so gung-ho why are you not doing something about it? This bellyaching does no good. What street is the urine smell on? Do you know what you are talking about or just being cute? If you are so upset about the way the, so called, old farts are runing things, why not get involved? The one thing that is noticable at the Annual Homeowners Meetings, is that very few younger homeowners attend. The attendees are mostly the elder retirees. Those who do attend, do not even make up 20% or the homeowners. Out of 585 ballots that were sent out in the last election, over 200 were not returned. For all you know, there could be enough younger homeowners to take over from the, so called, old farts. You aren't going to know by just complaining about it. The only way to find out is to get involved.
Roger

Toledo, OH

#57 Nov 5, 2014
light house wrote:
If this is the kind or workers Kaletta is hiring good luck to them. Some of see what is moving in. Disrespectful, rude , arrogant, and they seem to feel they have no responsibilities. They seem to want to play and never grow up. Just remember you will get older and want the same things the retires want. No sassy rude neighbors. As for the board and the responsibilities, why are we paying over 50,000 dollars extra on lawn crews? Think about it. Why not refund the money they are wasting? If you are so gung-ho why are you not doing something about it? This bellyaching does no good. What street is the urine smell on? Do you know what you are talking about or just being cute? If you are so upset about the way the, so called, old farts are runing things, why not get involved? The one thing that is noticable at the Annual Homeowners Meetings, is that very few younger homeowners attend. The attendees are mostly the elder retirees. Those who do attend, do not even make up 20% or the homeowners. Out of 585 ballots that were sent out in the last election, over 200 were not returned. For all you know, there could be enough younger homeowners to take over from the, so called, old farts. You aren't going to know by just complaining about it. The only way to find out is to get involved.
Are you talking about the Browns and the same-sex couples? They don't give me no problem. Maybe it's you and your way of words. The smell is coming from Pennsylvania Street I think. I can smell it too.
Old Soldier

Westland, MI

#58 Jun 1, 2016
It's been a long time, maybe the kids are all grown up now and will stay out playing this time. We don't need all these childish games on this forum. So what the heck is going around the villages with all the drugs and crime? I've been hearing about some nutcase walking into houses randomly and punching women. I heard he was arrested three times in one day? How does something like that happen? Things are sounding crazier and crazier in the villages.
Wordsmith

Milpitas, CA

#59 Jun 13, 2016
What a mess...pass on living here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clear copy of letter to the editor from Ken Hub... (Feb '11) Nov 8 Sage 13
unlicensed mechanics (Sep '14) Oct '16 mr knowitall 2
Info on Christine Beardsley (Jan '12) Sep '16 Dawn Vanneste 83
Thomas Benjamin - Designer - Hale - DO NOT USE (Nov '07) Sep '16 Michael 9
Spencer Hobley Disappearance Aug '16 Ozoner 1
What happened to Rachelle Dean Hilliker - such ... Aug '16 MI_UP fan 2
Tawas Jump Town (Dec '09) Jul '16 LoveOscodaGuy 4

Oscoda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance