Thomas Benjamin - Designer - Hale - D...

Thomas Benjamin - Designer - Hale - DO NOT USE

Posted in the Oscoda Forum

chiliman

Oscoda, MI

#1 Nov 16, 2007
All,

I need to warn you. If you are in need of a designer for any construction you are contemplating, do not contemplate Thomas Benjamin (Valley Associates).

We contracted work from him. It was not satisfactory and what should have been 3 weeks of work took him 4 months!!!

That delay caused us to lose the builder we wanted and pushed our construction into the winter.

He is unresponsive and does not listen to you.

I strongly suggest you walk right on by Valley Associates (essentially Tom Benjamin).
chiliman

Oscoda, MI

#2 Nov 16, 2007
A technical correction - Valley Associates (Thomas Benjamin) is in Rose City not Hale.

It does not matter - you are best off if you do not entertain using his services.
Two sides

Farmington, MI

#3 Mar 8, 2013
The other side of the story!
Sherry M

Oscoda, MI

#4 Nov 20, 2014
We worked with Tom Benjamen and would recommend his services. He is professional, creative and accommodating. Having worked with other designers and builders, he holds a place of high regard.
Michael

Alger, MI

#5 Dec 3, 2014
chiliman wrote:
All,
I need to warn you. If you are in need of a designer for any construction you are contemplating, do not contemplate Thomas Benjamin (Valley Associates).
We contracted work from him. It was not satisfactory and what should have been 3 weeks of work took him 4 months!!!
That delay caused us to lose the builder we wanted and pushed our construction into the winter.
He is unresponsive and does not listen to you.
I strongly suggest you walk right on by Valley Associates (essentially Tom Benjamin).
I've worked with Tom for nearly 40 years, thousands of clients. Great guy, great work.
Maybe you were the worst customer he ever had, think about that before you post on the internet!
Yes two sides to every story.
old house lover

Bay City, MI

#6 Jun 26, 2015
I had Tom design an addition for a very old house and it turned out seamless and beautiful. I am hiring him again to design my retirement home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Info on Christine Beardsley (Jan '12) Aug 31 Daisy123 77
Lakewood Shores (May '08) Jul '15 Fire4effect 25
wishing (Oct '14) Jul '15 Anonymous 2
Please help me score in Oscoda. Jul '15 Anonymous 1
Houses or Apartments for Rent in East Tawas? (Aug '07) Jun '15 WeTheSheeple 17
Debate: Gay Marriage - Tawas City, MI (Jul '10) Apr '15 salemblack1980 23
Information would be appreciated... Moving from... Apr '15 Michigan native 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oscoda Mortgages